cure-real
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: What is the third woe?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by John 8:32 View Post
    Exactly...

    Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

    1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

    1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

    1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

    Read these verses together and it becomes obvious that the third woe is the last trump and the return of Christ...

    Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

    Rev 14 and Zech 14 are a good read right about now.
    Question which I have been dealing with......... are the 7 vials poured out at the 7th trumpet when Christ returns?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    9,667

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Question which I have been dealing with......... are the 7 vials poured out at the 7th trumpet when Christ returns?

    Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

    Why would John insert this between the 6th and 7th vial, if the idea is that the vials are poured out after Christ has returned?

  3. #33

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

    Why would John insert this between the 6th and 7th vial, if the idea is that the vials are poured out after Christ has returned?
    verse 15 is a parenthesis telling people they do not want to be here when the vials are poured out.

  4. #34

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    verse 15 is a parenthesis telling people they do not want to be here when the vials are poured out.
    You are very correct here, it is also an admonition to be alert and aware. Remember that...

    Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

    Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
    Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

    Notice that if it were possible, even the very elect could be deceived by a strong deluding spirit...

    2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

    Who is the power behind this?

    Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    Not just a few aborigines in the outback, but the whole world.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    9,667

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    verse 15 is a parenthesis telling people they do not want to be here when the vials are poured out.


    I agree it's parenthesis, but where it's located in the text is very interesting. Why not just put it at the beginning of the vials then?

    Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

    Plus you have to keep in mind it says this...Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments. That has to be understood in relation to these vials I would think. How does that make sense before the vials are poured out?

  6. #36

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I agree it's parenthesis, but where it's located in the text is very interesting. Why not just put it at the beginning of the vials then?

    Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

    Plus you have to keep in mind it says this...Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments. That has to be understood in relation to these vials I would think. How does that make sense before the vials are poured out?
    see the post above yours

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    9,667

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by John 8:32 View Post

    Notice that if it were possible, even the very elect could be deceived by a strong deluding spirit...

    Also notice this during the 6th vial.

    Revelation 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
    13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
    14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles , which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

    Then right after that we then see...Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I agree it's parenthesis, but where it's located in the text is very interesting. Why not just put it at the beginning of the vials then?

    Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

    Plus you have to keep in mind it says this...Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments. That has to be understood in relation to these vials I would think. How does that make sense before the vials are poured out?
    I believe it clearly implies that He will not have returned yet as of the sixth vial being poured out. I can't buy the idea of that just being a parenthetical statement that doesn't indicate something about the timing of His return in relation to the vials.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Also notice this during the 6th vial.

    Revelation 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
    13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
    14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles , which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

    Then right after that we then see...Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
    Right. The reason people need to watch and be alert is because of "the spirits of devils, working miracles" being out there deceiving people. Verse 15 is not a parenthetical verse. It fits the context of the verses that precede it. Jesus will not have returned yet when the sixth vial is poured out.

  10. #40

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    Right. The reason people need to watch and be alert is because of "the spirits of devils, working miracles" being out there deceiving people. Verse 15 is not a parenthetical verse. It fits the context of the verses that precede it. Jesus will not have returned yet when the sixth vial is poured out.
    When reading what verse 14 says and then reading what verse 16 of Rev 16 says, it seems abundantly clear to me that verse 15 is a parenthetical verse.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    9,667

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    When reading what verse 14 says and then reading what verse 16 of Rev 16 says, it seems abundantly clear to me that verse 15 is a parenthetical verse.


    But it's still pretty significant where John placed that at within the text..right between the 6th and 7th vial. It seems like your conclusion is, that he did that so the reader would be reminded they don't want to be here when the vials start up. But me, I would think it's placed there to give the reader hope, that the end is just around the corner, and to not give up just yet. But that doesn't mean the wrath from these vials are being poured out on them. The texts in Revelation make it clear that is only poured out on those that worship the beast, and have his mark, etc.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    When reading what verse 14 says and then reading what verse 16 of Rev 16 says, it seems abundantly clear to me that verse 15 is a parenthetical verse.
    I don't see that at all. It seems to me that the reason Jesus would say "Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame" is because during such deceptive and trying times that what is described in verse 14 would bring about it will be necessary for believers to stay alert and stay strong in their faith until it's over. Verse 15 fits the context of the surrounding verses. I don't see how it could possibly be a parenthetical verse.

  13. #43

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    I don't see that at all. It seems to me that the reason Jesus would say "Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame" is because during such deceptive and trying times that what is described in verse 14 would bring about it will be necessary for believers to stay alert and stay strong in their faith until it's over. Verse 15 fits the context of the surrounding verses. I don't see how it could possibly be a parenthetical verse.
    When Rev 16:14 says
    For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

    and then verse 16 continues the thought from verse 14 - And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.


    I think it is abundantly clear that verse 15 is a parenthesis, yet if you do not want to see there is nothing I can write hear that will cause you to see it.
    Last edited by rom826; Apr 13th 2012 at 02:10 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    I don't see that at all. It seems to me that the reason Jesus would say "Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame" is because during such deceptive and trying times that what is described in verse 14 would bring about it will be necessary for believers to stay alert and stay strong in their faith until it's over. Verse 15 fits the context of the surrounding verses. I don't see how it could possibly be a parenthetical verse.
    Is Jesus not speaking to ALL generations when he says "Blessed is he the watcheth......"? To me yes he is and not to those living on the earth at this time. Note I do not see any believers on the earth at this point. If there were this would mean somehow they did not accept the mark and lived....

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,771
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the third woe?

    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    Right. The reason people need to watch and be alert is because of "the spirits of devils, working miracles" being out there deceiving people. Verse 15 is not a parenthetical verse. It fits the context of the verses that precede it. Jesus will not have returned yet when the sixth vial is poured out.
    I agree that Jesus had not returned TO EARTH yet at the sixth vial. But remember at the start of the vials heaven is opened thus his return has begun. Thus I would see the seven angels being sent forth from heaven to pour out the vials first followed by Christ and his army. The vials and Christ return could encompass the "second coming"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •