cure-real

Thread: Want to share my testimony on being saved.

Want to share my testimony on being saved.

From about age 19 to this past summer (I'm 29 now), I was a nonbeliever. I was essentially agnostic. I was also struggling with anxiety for a long time and even had some really bad anxiety attacks to the point where I had to go to the ER. They were so bad that I felt like I was dying.

Anyway, my granny told me that she had her church praying for me. I decided to go myself, even though i was still a nonbeliever. I figured it wouldn't hurt. I don't want to whine or ramble, so I'll just say this: I truly felt the strength and light of God that night. I really felt Jesus' presence. I started reading the bible for the first time in years and I understood the meaning behind it all.

I won't lie, I still struggle from time to time, and my anxiety does flare up on occasion, but nowhere as bad as it was before I found Jesus. I've gotten better overall, and don't even have to take Xanax anymore. The things I used to worry about all the time don't even cross my mind now, and when they do, they're not as frightening.

Overall, I've found strength and happiness, and I owe it all to God.

Missy

Blog Entries

Re: Want to share my testimony on being saved.

Praise God, my dear sister. It is always so amazing and wonderful to see someone come to the Lord. And I will pray that He gives you a peace to be able to handle anything that comes your way.

In Him,

CC

Romans 8:15-17
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

He will never leave us nor forsake us Missy. This is His promise to us ... and His Word is faithful. Really, really happy for you
    "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

Blog Entries

Missy, thank you for sharing that powerful testimony! Its really true...what a difference the Lord can make in a person's life!! May God bless you double for sharing your experience with us. A LONG time ago the Lord came into my life at a time when I was taking anti-depressants and nerve medicine and like you, the Lord gave me peace -- peace that passes all understanding! Praise the name of Jesus!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Thread Information