cure-real

Thread: Artist Thomas Kinkade dies in California at age 54

Blog Entries

Artist Thomas Kinkade dies in California at age 54

SAN FRANCISCO – Artist Thomas Kinkade, whose brushwork paintings of idyllic landscapes, cottages and churches have been big sellers for dealers across the United States, died Friday, a family spokesman said.
    Kinkade, 54, died at his home in Los Gatos in the San Francisco Bay Area of what appeared to be natural causes, David Satterfield said.

I had a chance to work with him for a few weeks back when he was doing his Holy Land series...
    He was Solid and quite down to earth..( He even laughed at some of my jokes)

He will be missed

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Re: Artist Thomas Kinkade dies in California at age 54

Thanks for the info, Colight. Yes, Mr Kinkade will be missed. His art is a blessing.

W
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

I'm very partial to his paintings where he used various shades of red. He was a very gifted artist and I am sorry to hear of his passing.

".....it's your nickel"

Sad indeed. I enjoy many of his paintings. Kinkade was a very talented artist that will be missed by many. I was curious about something that I read in the article, though. It stated this about some people in regards to their opinion of Kinkade...

"Kinkade's sentimental paintings, with their scenes of country gardens and churches in dewy morning light, were beloved by middlebrow America but reviled by the art establishment."
    What, in particular, did the "art establishment" have against Thomas Kinkade's art?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior4God View Post
    What, in particular, did the "art establishment" have against Thomas Kinkade's art?
    You could enjoy the beauty of his art with out heavy drug use.

Blog Entries

He was an amazingly gifted man. He will be missed.

I love his stuff.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

That's sad. He was a fabulous painter.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

I'm so sorry to hear this. He was a gifted artist.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

"Kinkade's sentimental paintings, with their scenes of country gardens and churches in dewy morning light, were beloved by middlebrow America but reviled by the art establishment."
    He was often criticized by other artists for what was seen as pandering. His works were very commercially-oriented, and were more geared toward making money than self-expression.

Nevertheless, he was very talented at what he did, and created some very beautiful pieces.
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. - John 8:36

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Templar View Post
    He was often criticized by other artists for what was seen as pandering. His works were very commercially-oriented, and were more geared toward making money than self-expression.

Nevertheless, he was very talented at what he did, and created some very beautiful pieces.
    Sounds like other artists were a bit, shall we say, envious at Mr. Kinkade's ability to be financially successful at what he did? Well, with the hard economic times we live in, it's understandable to see why these "starving artists" felt this way.

Very sad to him go so young.

He was a genius at marketing, artists could learn a lot from him in that respect. His artwork was so-so, but he identified his market and promoted his work brilliantly. He remained popular in spite of some controversial behavior, and now will be missed my many. Not my cup o' tea, but I'm glad so many can enjoy his work!
    “Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better”...Andre Gide

http://www.andreenharris.com

Sad indeed. I enjoy many of his paintings. Kinkade was a very talented artist that will be missed by many. I was curious about something that I read in the article, though. It stated this about some people in regards to their opinion of Kinkade...

I wonder. Suppose one of these art establishment people happened to be taking an early morning walk and stopped to look around and notice he was standing in dappled light on a flowered path near a country cottage. Would he A- Happily absorb his surroundings? or B- Feel his senses were being assaulted and run away? If A, then why would he criticize a painting of a scene similar to what he was standing in?

Blog Entries

I too, was saddened at his passing. Despite the critics, he was a gifted painter, able to do amazing things with light. You know, I have to wonder, how did the critics in the art industry who criticized Kincaid's commercial success make a living? Surely they would not stoop to profiting financially from the art world?

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

The Art industry was just upset with him because he was popular and he was still alive. Don't you know that artists aren't allowed to become popular until after they have passed away?

(jk; he will be sorely missed as he was a very gifted painter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner55 View Post
    I too, was saddened at his passing. Despite the critics, he was a gifted painter, able to do amazing things with light. You know, I have to wonder, how did the critics in the art industry who criticized Kincaid's commercial success make a living? Surely they would not stoop to profiting financially from the art world?
    Maybe they stood on street corners with cardboard signs that read, "Will paint art for food."

Thread Information