cure-real

Thread: Resurrection question

Resurrection question

If Jesus PHYSICALLY came back from the dead following his crucifixtion:

1) Was his body the same as the one that was crucified?

2) What ultimately happened to his body?

Re: Resurrection question

Quote Originally Posted by Mark2012 View Post

If it wasn't the same body, then He didn't bodily resurrect. The fact that He was seen ascending into heaven after Thomas thrust his hand into His side, this seems to show He ascended to heaven in this same body. Whether He still has that same body, heck if I know. But whatever body He now has, it's definitely a glorified body. One thing I'm certain of tho, His body that He died in, it's not somewhere on the earth turning into dust. Jesus wasn't made from dust. So His body would have no reason to return back to dust when He had died. And besides, He's not dead anymore. He bodily rose from the dead.

Blog Entries

1) Yes, I believe it was. When He first appeared to the disciples when they were in hiding, they recognized Him. Then, later, when Thomas was there and had said he would not believe until he placed his hand in the hole in his side, Jesus appeared and invited Thomas to do so. So yes, I believe it was the same body.

2) Good question here: He (Jesus) ascended into Heaven. So I believe that the body He had went with Him. As to where it is now, I would tend to think that He still has it. But I am unsure of Scripture to back it up right now.

Hope this helps.

In Him,

CC

Romans 8:15-17
    Last edited by ChristianCoffee; Apr 8th 2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    If it wasn't the same body, then He didn't bodily resurrect. The fact that He was seen ascending into heaven after Thomas thrust his hand into His side, this seems to show He ascended to heaven in this same body. Whether He still has that same body, heck if I know. But whatever body He now has, it's definitely a glorified body. One thing I'm certain of tho, His body that He died in, it's not somewhere on the earth turning into dust. Jesus wasn't made from dust. So His body would have no reason to return back to dust when He had died. And besides, He's not dead anymore. He bodily rose from the dead.
    I think he will have the scars for eternity.

Isa 49:16
    16 "Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
    Your walls are continually before Me.
    NASU

They are "covenant" marks, IMO.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

He had the same body. When he rose from the dead glorified as we all will upon his return, he walked among us for another forty days before ascending into heaven in that body. Where he now "sits" at the Father's right hand. Have you not ever read the Bible? How new are you to all of this? Are you just here trying to learn about our faith? Were you raised as a Christian or have you been born again? I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to understand where you are at in this faith and if you are just "joining" a religion or what? You seem to have a desire to understand but you seem to lack a lot of basic understanding and acceptance of those basic tenants of our faith. I really am just trying to understand you a little better.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

MOD NOTE: I think this would be a better fit in Christians Answer forum. Moving
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark2012
    Yes. This is taught very clearly in the New Testament. Luke 24, specifically verses 36-43, stresses this.

The unanimous teaching of the New Testament writers is that Jesus was taken to heaven by God the Father.

I would say from scripture about the ninth hour when he committed his spirit (life) into the hands of his Father he died. At that moment his soul was in Hades, his body subject to corruption still hung on the cross and just under three hours later was placed in the tomb of Joseph. Three days and three nights from death The Father God raised him from the dead. The soul Jesus was raised from Hades and the body Jesus was brought forth from the tomb, and the last Adam, Jesus into spirit quickening. This was accomplished by his Father, Spirit the God by renewing the soul and body Jesus, with Spirit Holy Life.

Whereas his flesh and blood body prior to his death and resurrection was subject to corruption and he being, a living soul of which the first man Adam was the type of him to come was a mortal soul he would have to be changed before inheriting the kingdom of God. The corruptible must put on incorruptible and the mortal put on immortality.

Think about this. The question was asked: But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?"

Well so far there has been only one. Jesus, therefore he must be our example.

The first man Adam was a type of the seed of the woman to come Jesus brought forth by Mary.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul;(Jesus also from his mother) the last Adam, a quickening spirit. Howbeit that not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward (after the resurrection) that which is spiritual.

That tells how the dead are raised, quickening spirit and they are raised spiritual.----As we will be. V49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Jesus in a spiritual body of flesh and bone incorruptible and swallowed up of life, having put on immortality, ascended into heaven to the Ancient of Days, and is presently our High Priest, a man of the order of Melchisedec and he will receive a kingdom from the Father and will return.

Jesus was resurrected, and Romans says that is the pattern for the believer:

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit [breath] of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken [make faster (just kidding! - make alive)] your mortal bodies by his Spirit [breath] that dwelleth in you.
    But according to Corinthians, that is an ignorant notion and the believer is actually reincarnated, not resurrected:

1Co 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
    1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
    1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
    1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
    Paul even is explicitly rejected "you will reap what you sow" saying that he gives any body he wants to a seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator View Post
    Jesus was resurrected, and Romans says that is the pattern for the believer:
    But according to Corinthians, that is an ignorant notion and the believer is actually reincarnated, not resurrected:
    Paul even is explicitly rejected "you will reap what you sow" saying that he gives any body he wants to a seed.
    What??? So, you're a non-Christian, yet you think you understand what scripture is saying here?

Blog Entries

Jesus was resurrected with a resurrection body...not the "same" as a flesh and blood body as we know them. Just like we are promised also and in Christ resurrection have assurance of...we too will receive a "new" resurrection(for those dead in Christ at that moment), or "changed" new-body(for those mortally alive at that moment).

Sometimes a person recognized Jesus, and sometimes they didn't...and we do know that He bore the scares of the cross. He could be touched, seen, eat, and breath......
    Luk 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
    Joh 20:20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 25-29
    Luk 24:42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. 43 And He took it and ate in their presence.
    Joh 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them,
    "Receive the Holy Spirit.

We know that death is no longer a threat against these bodies...just as at present, death is no longer a thread to those spiritually in Christ, reborn.

And we might not be able to fully understand what this all means, but we can know certain things...it will be as Christ
    1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Our new bodies will complete our redemption and will be immortal and incorruptible...obviously this is true of Jesus resurrection body...
    1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY."

Jesus flesh and blood...mortal, body is no longer....it may not have rotted in the grave...but was changed...but it no longer is the body He is in and thus does not exist as we know mortality/flesh and blood.

God the Son came incarnate-flesh/blood; and now has been resurrected with a immortal body...He was always incorruptible and immortal...but came to a flesh and blood, mortal, body for us, and gave that body for us. Now He sits with His Father...He is back to His previous glorified stated of being...God the Son. As the resurrected God the Son, now all things are under Him, He paid for them/us.... as the promised Messiah, Heir to the Davidic throne, eternal and immortal life to all who believe

Joh 10:17 "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

If Jesus PHYSICALLY came back from the dead following his crucifixion:

Now this is a great question I want to put a different spin on for you. I want you to see the value in your body through Jesus body. If we use our imagination and jump back to before Genesis 1:1, before creation, before let there be light, we will find God planning this dimension we call time and space. The scriptures tell us He knows the end from the beginning. He's seen the whole thing play out. Like a writer writing a play, he knew exactly where you came into the story and what your role in that story was. He (Jesus) also knew what his role in the story was going to be. He knew he was going to step down into his creation and interact with it. Now put yourself in Jesus' shoes right here. What are you going to make? What is the vessel you will walk the earth in? You would surely want it to be something your going to be comfortable in right? Cause it's not just a 33 year gig. Gen 1v28 tells us God said let us make man in our image and likeness. Well that makes sense right? I'd be comfortable in something that was like me. So we read of Adam being created in that image. Then in an effort to be like God (know good from evil, the garden, original sin) he ate the fruit, but if he had only been there when God created him and heard God say he was his image, maybe he wouldn't have been tempted to eat the fruit? Either way, so much for original glory. Sin enters the world through one man Adam and through the one man, all die. But Jesus comes and dies and is resurrected for us so that through one man Jesus, all live.

Now here's the great part and the part that speaks to my/your value in the eyes of God. Scrips say the Word became flesh. Regardless of what condition Jesus' earthly body is in right now, he still is flesh. Paradox warning! Christ lives within us, his Body. Galatians 2:20 tells us that we have been crucified with Christ, nevertheless we live, yet not us, CHRIST NOW LIVES WITHIN US! Colossians 1:27 tells us of CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory. Don't we know that our bodies are temples for the Spirit of God.

This is still how God is interacting with his creation. Through man. In union with us. Just as he tries to explain in John 17 that the Father and him were one, that he wants us to be one with them. The Word is still flesh interacting with his creation. And that my brother is what He wants to do in you as well. I don't know where his body is, but I sure know where He is right now!
    \o/ Every heartbeat for your glory!

Blog Entries

Mark!!
    It is so good to see you again!
    I was reading CC's post #3 and I have some thoughts.
    Yes, in the part CC talks about, they did recognize Jesus in that room, but while the body was gone from the tomb, there had to be some things very different about it too, because:
    Mary did not immediately recognize Him and thought He was the GARDENER! And while she did not immediately recognize Him, neither did she think He was scary, an angel, a ghost...He appeared human to her.

Also, the two disciples on the road, they talked with Him as they walked, but they also assumed Him to be a human and did not become aware of who He was until afterwards when they said: Ah! Weren't our hearts burning within us as we walked with Him??!

So while He appeared a perfectly normal person, He also walked through the locked door in the upper room. So......just WOW is all, huh???
    Some major intrigue there!
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

Thread Information