cure-real

Thread: babysitting for a non- christian.

Help babysitting for a non- christian.

I am 16 years of age and i live in a non-christian house. i have been babysitting a non-christian woman's son. he is one years old. the reason that i came here for guidance is because i am confuse of one thing. she works in a restaurant that sells alcohol. and sometimes i babysit when she goes out to party. she is not merry. i was wondering if i am being a contribution to her sins. because i babysit her child while she commits her sins.

Blog Entries

Re: babysitting for a non- christian.

One can't expect a non-Christian to behave as a Christian. Pray for the family, and share Jesus if an opportunity presents itself. It is God that convicts us of sin and gives us the power to turn away from it.

Blog Entries

I don't think you are contributing. She is going to live her life the way she chooses, and if that means going out an partying, then that is what she will do. But since you are babysitting for her, you can be there and take good care of her child. You have a job and do it as though you are doing it for the Lord ...do all things as unto the Lord...Pray for her, treat her with respect, and take good care of that precious little one.

Col 3:23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

I don't really see the problem even from a Christian point of view. There's nothing in Christian doctrine that prevents a non-married woman to attend a party or work at an establishment that serves alcohol.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jerelin05
    I am 16 years of age and i live in a non-christian house. i have been babysitting a non-christian woman's son. he is one years old. the reason that i came here for guidance is because i am confuse of one thing. she works in a restaurant that sells alcohol. and sometimes i babysit when she goes out to party. she is not merry. i was wondering if i am being a contribution to her sins. because i babysit her child while she commits her sins.
    Unless you think she's being negligent with her son, or unless you've witnessed her openly committing some kind of sinful act (e.g. consistently coming home drunk), nothing you've described here is inherently sinful.

The Bible does not forbid alcohol (let alone working in a restaurant that sells it), only drunkenness. There is nothing inherently wrong with going to a 'party' (the word 'party' is a very broad word) while a babysitter watches your kid. There's also nothing inherently wrong with not being married. (I'm assuming 'she is not merry' meant 'she is not married'.)

I think the baby would be safer with you than with her if she's intoxicated.
    Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

The OP never specified that she was drunk.

Thread Information