cure-real

Thread: Nice to find you guys... Looking to exchange of ImportaChristian ideas/ philosophies

Nice to find you guys... Looking to exchange of ImportaChristian ideas/ philosophies

[My title got goofed up, don't see how to fix...dang it)

My name is 'Joe Dan' ---I know--strange southern name, lol. ANYWAY... in my quest for answers---I'm just getting more questions. I was hoping this place would help.

I'm more of a History Buff (more on American History) and have come to learn of our amazingly RICH CHRISTIAN HERITAGE---(almost like it has been deliberately hidden---why did I not know this?). AND... at least here in Kansas City....Churches don'tt wanna talk about it. Huh?

My goal here is to explore the important questions that rarely get asked. You will find I'm rough around the edges... but my only agenda is to get my country[self] into HEaven---even if its just a corner seat. LOL

One of my first awesome discoveries was an 1844 Supreme Court Ruling...a unanimous PRO-Christianity ruling that stated... [I am paraphrasing slightly]:

"Why should NOT the bible be taught as devine revelation? Its the purest principles of morality to be learned."

How cool is that? And this is just one example...So the notion that the United States is not or was never a Christian nation---is hogwash.

GOD BLESS.... and Let the adventure begin.

Here's one of my multi-media productions called 'Prayer For America" (which was inspired in large part by the aforementioned 1844 ruling)

Last edited by quiet dove; Apr 15th 2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: My title is goofed up

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Re: Nice to find you guys... Looking to exchange of ImportaChristian ideas/ philosop

Welcome aboard, JDM.

Thanks for the SCOTUS reference, too!

blessings,

Watchman
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

Re: Nice to find you guys... Looking to exchange of ImportaChristian ideas/ philosop

Welcome to the board JD.

P.S. I did a slight [edit], just in case you are wondering about it

Also, if you want the title of the thread changed, let me know, will be happy to change if for ya..

Thanks...for the welcome! And I'm sorry, but there is no way to say the following without sounding at least a little snarky. But I promise to be a rule follower.

I never use profanity or any other salty language simply because it may be cool or prevalent in society or on primetime TV--- but I thought the [edited word] would be okay... since it DOES appear in the bible, it contained NO ill-will, and I was referring to myself --- heck, the truth is... it was edited LETTERS, not even an edited word as 2 of the 3 syllables were allowed to stand ---- but I stand corrected.

I promise to choose my words more wisely, so as not to transgress against society's latest commandment "Thou Shall Not Offend"

I NEVER speak of God or anything holy with anything other than love and with the greatest of respect.

Its kind of funny to come here because of not being allowed to ask 'certain questions'...and to be immediately edited for 'certain words' lol. I'm sorry--- but it's silly man-made rules of social decorum that got me fired up in the first place.

Okay, I'm done... God bless... I promise to behave.

Thread Information