cure-real

Thread: Hair it is

Hair it is

1 Corinthians 11:8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man. 9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. 10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Ok, this is the chapter of a movement i was in that said it was a sin for women to cut their hair. God revealed to me this was a cultural custom, not a requirement for Salvation.

Question: What is Vs. 10 talking about when referring to the angels?
    Lord, you said I was to reflect your light to the world. Help me not be a blown bulb, and reveal to me if I'm plugged into the wrong socket.

Amen

Re: Hair it is

God has given you a revelation that counters what His Word says?
    Why don't you ask God for the information you seek about your angel question?
    "Doth not nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, IT IS A GLORY TO HER: FOR HER HAIR IS GIVEN HER FOR A COVERING. (1 Cor 11:14-15)
    So you think that these women don't need the glory or the covering? And God says it's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by PJW View Post
    God has given you a revelation that counters what His Word says?
    Why don't you ask God for the information you seek about your angel question?
    "Doth not nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, IT IS A GLORY TO HER: FOR HER HAIR IS GIVEN HER FOR A COVERING. (1 Cor 11:14-15)
    So you think that these women don't need the glory or the covering? And God says it's OK?
    God revealed to me that the movement was taking one verse out of context, instead of reading the whole chapter. You assumed that God gave me a revelation that countered His Word when I never said that. And you are right, I should seek the wisdom of God for the information, but I also wanted some input from other Believers.

1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
    Also a study of the Corinthian culture along with reading the Bible from one cover to the other instead of taking one verse and making a doctrine out of it.
    If I knew why the women needed the covering for their glory, I probably wouldn't have started the thread.
    Watchman has another thread on this so I'm probably going to read it.
    Thanks
    Lord, you said I was to reflect your light to the world. Help me not be a blown bulb, and reveal to me if I'm plugged into the wrong socket.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonicEvnglst View Post
    1 Corinthians 11:8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man. 9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. 10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Ok, this is the chapter of a movement i was in that said it was a sin for women to cut their hair. God revealed to me this was a cultural custom, not a requirement for Salvation.

Question: What is Vs. 10 talking about when referring to the angels?

Dear SuperSonicEvnglst,

As a Christian, Jesus Christ is our covering.

If we remove Jesus Christ as our covering, in like manner the woman cutting her hair or in like manner a man covering his head with something other than Jesus Christ, then we are no longer covered by Christ.

We, men and women in the body of Christ are His Bride. We are veiled for/by Him and He is our covering. Should an angel(messenger) come claiming to be Christ or a Christian and they are not, then we might follow them IF we are not covered by the true Jesus Christ, Our Saviour whom we are bethrothed to.

Hence keep the true Jesus Christ as our/your covering and all will be very well.

Hope this helps!

Bless you,
    Love Fountain

Quote Originally Posted by Love Fountain View Post
    Dear SuperSonicEvnglst,

As a Christian, Jesus Christ is our covering.

If we remove Jesus Christ as our covering, in like manner the woman cutting her hair or in like manner a man covering his head with something other than Jesus Christ, then we are no longer covered by Christ.

We, men and women in the body of Christ are His Bride. We are veiled for/by Him and He is our covering. Should an angel(messenger) come claiming to be Christ or a Christian and they are not, then we might follow them IF we are not covered by the true Jesus Christ, Our Saviour whom we are bethrothed to.

Hence keep the true Jesus Christ as our/your covering and all will be very well.

Hope this helps!

Bless you,
    Love Fountain
    But why are we to do it because of the angels?

Amen

Because we are not to marry angels(messengers).

He is the Bridegroom and we are His bride.

Bless you,
    Love Fountain

Blog Entries

Hey SuperSonic!

If you are looking at that passage literally.... Your reason is this:

Gen 6:1-2 LITV And it came about that men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them. (2) The sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were good, and they took wives for themselves from all those whom they chose.

And so it was a custom that to protect the daughters of men from these fallen angels (who chose to take human form and create nephilim with those whom they chose for wives) they were to wear a covering.... The thought being the "sons of God" wouldn't see the women if they were covered....

Spiritually speaking.... Love Fountain had an excellent explanation....

Quote Originally Posted by MaryFreeman View Post
    Hey SuperSonic!

If you are looking at that passage literally.... Your reason is this:

Gen 6:1-2 LITV And it came about that men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them. (2) The sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were good, and they took wives for themselves from all those whom they chose.

And so it was a custom that to protect the daughters of men from these fallen angels (who chose to take human form and create nephilim with those whom they chose for wives) they were to wear a covering.... The thought being the "sons of God" wouldn't see the women if they were covered....

Spiritually speaking.... Love Fountain had an excellent explanation....

I have to agreed with Love Fountain and MaryFreeman especially when looking at Jude 6 and II Peter 2:4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by logos7 View Post
    I have to agreed with Love Fountain and MaryFreeman especially when looking at Jude 6 and II Peter 2:4.

I also agree with them
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Blog Entries

It may mean that women should be covered with a veil while in church. To show respect to the angels that are there.

Here's some commentaries on this question: http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/11-10.htm

Thread Information