537 B.C. - 536 B.C. (Ezra 1:1-5, 3:8) Ezra begins work on building the 2nd Temple about 70 years after Nebuchadnezzar II becomes King of Babylonia (September 7, 605 B.C.).
516 B.C. Jerusalem’s 2nd Temple is dedicated (Ezra 6:14-16) 70 years after the destruction of Jerusalem and Solomon’s Temple (586 B.C. Jeremiah 52:12-15).
445 B.C. (Nehemiah 2:1-6) The Jerusalem walls are repaired within 52 days (Nehemiah 6:15) and dedicated (Nehemiah 12:27) about 70 years after the 2nd Temple is dedicated (516 B.C.).
According to Jack Van Impe - #1045 aired November 6, 2010 - the countdown for the last generation – As Christ states in Matthew 23:34, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32 – begins with Israel gaining control of Jerusalem in June 1967.
*Jack Van Impe does not set ANY date for the Rapture.
17. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
42 generations from Abraham unto Christ = 2160 years* JVI
42 generations from Abraham unto Christ = abt. 2000? years**
JVI - Abram 2160 – David (1031 – 961) / 14 = avg. 80.642 years per generation*
abt. Abram 2000? – David (1031 – 961) / 14 = avg. 69.214 years per generation**
David (1031 – 961) - Babylon (586) / 14 = avg. 31.785 years per generation
Babylon (586) - Christ (5) / 14 = avg. 41.5 years per generation
* avg. (80.642+31.785+41.5) / 3 = avg. 51.309 years per generation + 1967 = 2018.
** avg. (69.214+31.785+41.5) / 3 = avg. 47.499 years per generation + 1967 = 2014.
Matthew 1:17 (42 generations)
Either way of estimating Abraham’s birth year (2160 B.C. or abt. 2000 B.C.), we still have both years (2018, 2014) that fit within the seven-year range of 2012 – 2019.
Archbishop James Ussher (1581-1656) established the accepted chronology of the Old Testament setting 4004 B.C. as creation of Man.*
3760 B.C. is the traditional Jewish date of creation of Man.**
Luke 3:23 – 38 (77 generations)
77 (including God as the everlasting first) generations from creation of Man unto Christ 5 B.C.;
3999 years divided by 77 = avg. 51.935 years per generation*
3755 years divided by 77 = avg. 48.766 years per generation**
1967 + avg. 51.935 years per generation = 2019 A.D.*
1967 + avg. 48.766 years per generation = 2015 A.D. **
Luke 3:23 – 38 (77 generations)
Either way of estimating the biblical creation date (4004 B.C. or 3760 B.C.) we still have both years (2019, 2015) that fit within the seven-year range of 2012 – 2019.
2018 is the 70th anniversary of Israel’s independence date of May 14, 1948, which again fits within the seven-year range of 2012 – 2019.
2 Peter 3: 8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
1. Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
June 1967 – after 2011 years Jerusalem is back under control of Israel.
Nisan 1995 was the 2000th anniversary of Christ’s birth in 5 B.C.
We are in the third day.
1996 ended the sixth Day / 6000 years Biblically (4004 B.C. – 1996 A.D.) if you accept James Ussher’s chronology.
We are in the seventh Day.
29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
This could coincide, or appear as a Solar Eclipse. The next total eclipse will be visible from the U.S. in 2017, which is within the seven-year period 2012 – 2019 and is about 70 years since May 14, 1948. This may not mean anything since Israel is the focal point, not America.
The following occurrences of the number 70 may simply be coincidences - King David dies at 70 years of age (2 Samuel 5:4), and Jerusalem is destroyed in 70 A.D. However, it appears that the many ties to the 2012 – 2019 seven-year range is more than just simple coincidence.
Prophesy of the Popes
St. Malachy (1094 – 1148) prophesied there would be only 268 Popes. Pope Benedict XVI is the 267th Pope and he is in his 80’s. The 268th is referred to allegorically as Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman).