cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really shallow prayer request and I apologize in advance....

Blog Entries

Really shallow prayer request and I apologize in advance....

I'm sorry for the non-severity of this request.

My house cat is outside and is about 40 feet up a tree. He has been there for about 30 hours. I don't know what to do. I live out in the country and the fire department won't come and I have no ladder that high. Just pray, if you want to, that he comes down safely and soon.
    ".....it's your nickel"

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Really shallow prayer request and I apologize in advance....

Hooah!

Nothing is to little to lift up to God in prayer... will pray for your request!
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Our pets are our pets. I'm owned by our two lil' female shiztzu's (screening didn't allow for "proper" spelling) Prayers being sent Jayne
    "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's sorely missed but being changed by Daddy while talking to Him in dreams, while he showers me with blessings afterwards
    Blog Entries

Dear Jayne,

You do NOT have to apologize for this....... we will pray for him to come down immediately........ I would be very stressed and I know you are too because you are a very big animal lover.......

I have a feeling everything will be alright....... but we'll pray anyway......

Love you very much,
    Mieke
    Just to know You and to make You known
    We lift Your name on high
    Shine like the sun, make darkness run and hide
    We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
    Its time for us to more than just survive
    We were made to thrive

Casting Crowns

Hi I always pray for people in here but seldom post your prayer request drew me out because if it matters to you it matters to God. If you looked at my friends area you will see my cat took off for almost 3 weeks and I am at a new place new city.. many feral cats and coyote here....anyhow I know God loves you and your kitty it will work out...My cat finally came home I had to live trap her....shes very thin but fine now...you um may want to contact TV and or a rescue ..that may be God's hands in setting your kitty free....Let us know....
    The story of Job teaches us that the Devil has to be given permission to attack us. So if God is allowing the attack surely He's planning our victory. He would not allow us to be in a battle we could not win.! God looks for hand-picked people He can send into difficult environments, that He might be glorified. He makes all things "work together for good" (Ro 8:28) so don't be intimidated. Just keep your eyes open and see what God is up to!

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. I mean that. A couple of people are coming over tomorrow with a 30-foot ladder and are going to try to get him down. He has a wild streak and I am really praying that he will be down and that no one will have to tackle him in the tree. I worry about his getting dehydrated.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

No request for prayer is too silly, shallow or unimportant. Our pets become family to us: I have 5 dogs, 4 cats, a rabbit and a guinea pig. They are like family to me (even when they drive me nuts).

I will pray.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Thanks everyone. I mean that. A couple of people are coming over tomorrow with a 30-foot ladder and are going to try to get him down. He has a wild streak and I am really praying that he will be down and that no one will have to tackle him in the tree. I worry about his getting dehydrated.
    Be sure and post when he is down! Am praying he will let someone grab him without incident. (I have had this happen before a long time ago -- my cat was way up a tall pine tree. He came down eventually on his own -- I just kept checking on him and talking to him to come down).

I'm sure hunger will drive your cat down, but will ask the Lord to hasten the exodus from fear and the tree.

Blog Entries

Thank You, JESUS!!! He is in the house as of 10 minutes ago. I will have to share later.......

Thank you for your prayers. I was on the verge of calling someone to come and shoot him in the morning.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Thank You, JESUS!!! He is in the house as of 10 minutes ago. I will have to share later.......

Thank you for your prayers. I was on the verge of calling someone to come and shoot him in the morning.
    That is wonderful to hear ! Thanks for the update and God bless

So glad he is safe BUT we were praying for him and you were going to call someone to come shoot him? What the heck ...?

Blog Entries

We tried everything and I mean literally everything to get him down. Ladders, pulleys with a little neighbor boy attached, bushel baskets attached to pvc pipes. I called the vet and he said that after three days of no food and water that his kidneys would start to shut down and he would be in trouble. After almost three days of trying it all, I had to make the decision that if we could not get him down after the 4th day that I would have to put him down. I agonized over who I was going to call to shoot him that I wouldn't hate for the rest of my life.

Finally, after many people via facebook had offered suggestions and some had actually brought ladders to come and help to no avail, a 60-year-old gentleman who is a family friend came over with a 30-foot-ladder and climbed the other 10 feet like a monkey and risked his literal life in getting him down. I was so fearful that my cat would fight him, but he was too weak.

I didn't want to have to shoot him, but I would have after 4 days after all those people had tried to no avail. I wasn't going to watch him die in that tree.

I do appreciate the prayers more than you know. It's been an emotional ride, it really has. I am a cat person to the core.
    ".....it's your nickel"

A tip of the hat to your 60 yr. old tree-climber friend. I gave away my never used 24 foot ladder because I didn't have the jam to climb it All's well that ends well

I am just getting in on this, I am truly grateful your cat is safe.

Thread Information