cure-real

Thread: Moses

Moses

We know Moses actually killed a guard early on in his life.
    Does anyone else see this as separate from later on when he was acting under God's order , like the plagues , or fighting for survival against enemies attacking them.

Moses didn't have a right to kill that guard.
    But God never says what his punishment was for that.
    At least my opinion is he had no right to kill that guard.

Blog Entries

Re: Moses

The answer is embedded in your question. (opinions are subjective)

Quote Originally Posted by svfox View Post
    Does anyone else see this as separate from later on when he was acting under God's order , like the plagues , or fighting for survival against enemies attacking them.

All things work toward the good of those who love God, those who love God according to God's definition of loving Him.
    Moses is/was and will be accountable for what Moses does, and we are/will be accountable for what we do.

Father bless those who look to you, but have mercy on all of us to glorify your name.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

God can turn any wrong into Good or something He can use for the Good!

That act of murder forced Moses from a cush life of having anything and everything he could ever have or want. Into a life of survival in the desert for 40 years until God revealed Himself.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. (Exodus 2:11-12)

The bible doesn't go into a lot of detail about this. Maybe the Egyptian was much crueler than we know. Maybe he had killed in the past. Maybe God did punish Moses. Or maybe God forgave him. The bible doesn't advocating killing someone for hitting another person.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: (Hebrews 12:14)

Maybe it was in defense of the mean the Egyptian was beating.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Maybe it was in defense of the mean the Egyptian was beating.
    Some believe defending the innocent by force is sin. Hence my reference to "opinion" since I do not know this poster's beliefs about that.

22) And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.
    23) And when he was full forty years old it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.
    24) And seeing one of them sufferig wrong, he defended him, and avenged him that was oppressed, and smote the Egyptians.
    25) For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them, but they understood not .
    Acts 7:22-25

This is part of Stephen testimony given against the Jewish leaders before his death. So we can see that Moses knew that he was called by God, at this time. I have heard Pastors and Teachers stating that Moses realize that he was called but was not yet ordained or Moses tried to do the job on his own strength, so this part was Moses trying to fulfill God command on his own. But we see 40 years after this Moses was ordained by God to bring his people out of Egypt (Acts 7:30-35).

Hebrews 11:23-29; helps us to understand that even if Moses was a murderer he was justified by faith. IMO if he was, he was punished with 40 years of waiting and Moses had to patiently deal with the children of Israel who seemed to murmurred and complain every foot of the way to the promise land.

You never know, but perhaps God put it into Moses heart to kill that guard? After all, back in those days, via the commandments of God, folks would stone their own people for breaking the laws of God. If God had no problem with that, why would He have a problem with what Moses did to one of his enemies? And besides, God's people were seen numerous times killing their enemies, as well as their own people, as I mentioned above. Things were radically different back then. Wasn't it an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth sort of world back then?

Just like Paul, he's dead if he's not chosen to be a prophet. We don't know how Law should be applied to a prophet yet. If Law (there was no Mosaic Law and the 10 Commandments yet at the moment he killed) doesn't apply to him, most likely he's saved by faith through Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    Just like Paul, he's dead if he's not chosen to be a prophet. We don't know how Law should be applied to a prophet yet. If Law (there was no Mosaic Law and the 10 Commandments yet at the moment he killed) doesn't apply to him, most likely he's saved by faith through Jesus Christ.
    The Ten Commandments were in force and were known in that time and from creation. A couple of quick examples...

Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Remember that Paul says this about sin...

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
    Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Another example...

Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
    Gen 20:4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
    Gen 20:5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
    Gen 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
    Gen 20:7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

Abimelech knew that adultery was sin.

He had no right to kill that Egyptian officer. And i don't think he felt justified in doing it either. But it was another incident that he was to be punished for.

The incident was the issue was the incident when He struck the stone in order to cause water to come from it. God had told Him to talk to the rock and was probably going to give him the words but Moses did not talk to the rock but hit it with his rod. He put God between a rock and a hard place when he came to do it. Because Moses did not let the people know it was the power of God that was causing the water to spring from the rock. So Moses kind of forced God to do a miracle where the people would think that it was done my a man, Moses.

Numbers 20
    7 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 8 “Take the rod; you and your brother Aaron gather the congregation together. Speak to the rock before their eyes, and it will yield its water; thus you shall bring water for them out of the rock, and give drink to the congregation and their animals.” 9 So Moses took the rod from before the Lord as He commanded him.
    10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly together before the rock; and he said to them, “Hear now, you rebels! Must we bring water for you out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses lifted his hand and struck the rock twice with his rod; and water came out abundantly, and the congregation and their animals drank.

12 Then the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe Me, to hallow Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.”

Moses said to the People “Hear now, you rebels! Must we bring water for you out of this rock?” . Note also that Moses had to strike the stone twice with the Rod.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    He had no right to kill that Egyptian officer.
    Eh. The bible doesn't say that.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Thread Information