cure-real

Thread: Receiving comfort regarding the loss of a friend.

Receiving comfort regarding the loss of a friend.

Just sayin,

Today is my life long friend's birthday. We met when we were in the 3rd grade and through thick and thin remained friend's until her going home to be with the Lord eight years ago. She would have been 75 today. God is so good to have given such a friend. It was her parents who first gave me the example of what it meant to be a Christian. We saw so much of each other back in our jr. and sr. high school days that I got to know them very well and considered them surrogate parents. Through their good example and leading as well as those of other families I accepted Christ as my savior when I was 17. My friend grew to be one of the most faithful and generous Christians I ever knew. She spent years raising her family and in later life worked as a church secretary for 15 years before retirement never leaving (except for college and business school) our home town. Whereas I left when I was only in my early twenties and never went back except for visits..still we kept closely in touch. And in later years mainly by daily emailing.

She suffered a lot from Lymphona..but made it through that and the chemo treatment and was doing just fine! I was able to support her during that difficult time and we were prayer partners. Suddenly she developed a flu virus which took her life. I was traveling at the time and since it was all over in a matter of hours I didn't get to say good-bye.

I miss her today and yet I thank God for the gift of true friendship. Had I been given the chance to say good-bye it would have been so hard but I am grateful for knowing and loving someone during my lifetime who it is so hard to say good-bye to. It's still hard. I look forward (not too far away) to our encounter in such a better place. And how we will rejoice to be with the Lord together! Meanwhile, not yet..
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Re: Receiving comfort regarding the loss of a friend.

Sometimes the feeling when going through a particular situation is it is unique, then come to find out, there are others that have had to walk a similar path.

2Co 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
    2Co 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
    2Co 1:6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

Though you miss her, you know that you were very blessed to have such a friend in this life.
    It is so good to have that hope of reuniting with our loved ones, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Odelia View Post
    Though you miss her, you know that you were very blessed to have such a friend in this life.
    It is so good to have that hope of reuniting with our loved ones, isn't it?
    Absolutely! ....
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Thread Information