cure-real
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    What proverbs are you referring to?
    Spare the rod and spoil the child

Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    My son once bought a baby doll at a garage sale when he was 3 years old. I was slightly concerned but even my slight concern was dissipated when he pulled all her arms, legs and head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Where in the New Testament does Jesus tell us the wisdom of the Proverbs are no longer wisdom but foolishness?
    He doesn't but neither did he refer to proverbs in his teachings. That, I know doesn't make them invalid but if we only learn one thing it surely must be his emphasis on LOVE. Nowhere in his ministry does he advocate ' a good whoopin' never did anyone any harm' Good role models and Love, yes, aggressive parents, no.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    My son once bought a baby doll at a garage sale when he was 3 years old. I was slightly concerned but even my slight concern was dissipated when he pulled all her arms, legs and head off.
    My son asked for a dolls house when he was small, I bought him one, he grew up to be a good healthy heterosexual male and an architect. So glad I didn't punch him!!!!

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

At the age of 8, I gave my daughter her first firearms safety course. At 12 she got her hunting permit license. During that course she was on the range firing a 20ga at clay pigeons and of the 5 shells given to her, she hit 2 out of the five... I was proud since that was the FIRST time she shot at moving targets!!

Today (10 years later) she's a girly girl that can safely shoot a weapon still!!

I'd say she's squared away!
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    At the age of 8, I gave my daughter her first firearms safety course. At 12 she got her hunting permit license. During that course she was on the range firing a 20ga at clay pigeons and of the 5 shells given to her, she hit 2 out of the five... I was proud since that was the FIRST time she shot at moving targets!!

Today (10 years later) she's a girly girl that can safely shoot a weapon still!!

I'd say she's squared away!
    Praise de Lord you weren't one of those "get back in the kitchen and bake me a cake "dads. No reason on earth why she can't handle a gun and bake cakes!
    What's squared away mean, I'm a Londoner and I've never heard that before

This is still the best post on the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    Oh Yeah! no sin on earth that you can't punch out!!!
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Blog Entries

: SQUARED AWAY - "from the nautical meaning of having changed a sailing ship's positions to that of the prevailing wind, with the yards turned at right angles to the deck." in the correct position and ready to move forward.

Another, more modern term, all sides in a square being equal.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    Praise de Lord you weren't one of those "get back in the kitchen and bake me a cake "dads. No reason on earth why she can't handle a gun and bake cakes!
    What's squared away mean, I'm a Londoner and I've never heard that before
    "Squared away" is a military term. I'm retired military after 21 years in the US Army Infantry.

The lingo will never leave my system! Hooah? HAHAHA
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

I don't advocate "punching" a child for being gay or being perceived as gay. Do I condone homosexuality as ok to engage in? No, I don't. The Bible clearly says it's sin to God. I sympathize with parents who have kids who are gay, and I don't know how you handle that situation, but I don't think being physical with them is the answer.

I posted this elsewhere a while ago but I think it has a place here as well:

Here's the deal -

I grew up in a strange family. My mother and her seven siblings grew up during the Great Depression. The two oldest had married and moved away by the time the Great Depression began but that left five at home. They did what they had to do to make ends meet. Later in life when they were able to choose their professions/vocations, it was a really mixed bag of tricks.

Two were bakers
    One worked in a steel mill
    One was a small engine mechanic
    One worked in a factory and did very delicate machining
    One owned a bar and woe betide anyone who caused trouble
    One assembled lawn mowers at a factory
    One stayed home with the kids and seriously loved to iron

Now - are you ready?

Two were bakers - both male
    One worked in a steel mill - male
    One was a small engine mechanic - female
    One worked in a factory and did very delicate machining - male
    One owned a bar - female
    One assembled lawn mowers at a factory - female
    One stayed home with the kids and seriously loved to iron - female

All real men do not grunt and scratch. All real women do not coo and squeal. And if anyone thinks so, they need to meet my family.

Seriously.

Sheesh.

Why does this stuff always seem to happen in North Carolina?
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    : SQUARED AWAY - "from the nautical meaning of having changed a sailing ship's positions to that of the prevailing wind, with the yards turned at right angles to the deck." in the correct position and ready to move forward.

Another, more modern term, all sides in a square being equal.
    Doh!.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior4God View Post
    I don't advocate "punching" a child for being gay or being perceived as gay. Do I condone homosexuality as ok to engage in? No, I don't. The Bible clearly says it's sin to God. I sympathize with parents who have kids who are gay, and I don't know how you handle that situation, but I don't think being physical with them is the answer.
    I wonder, why the topic was never spoken about in the NT, plenty about adultery, murder etc. It seems conspicuous by it's by absence. They must of had their share of homosexuals? Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    "Squared away" is a military term. I'm retired military after 21 years in the US Army Infantry.

The lingo will never leave my system! Hooah? HAHAHA
    Learnt loads on this site, thank you

Thread Information