cure-real
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 148

Thread: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,485
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    At the age of 8, I gave my daughter her first firearms safety course. At 12 she got her hunting permit license. During that course she was on the range firing a 20ga at clay pigeons and of the 5 shells given to her, she hit 2 out of the five... I was proud since that was the FIRST time she shot at moving targets!!

    Today (10 years later) she's a girly girl that can safely shoot a weapon still!!

    I'd say she's squared away!

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,485
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    I wonder, why the topic was never spoken about in the NT, plenty about adultery, murder etc. It seems conspicuous by it's by absence. They must of had their share of homosexuals? Just an observation.
    Paul talks about it.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    5,509

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    I wonder, why the topic was never spoken about in the NT, plenty about adultery, murder etc. It seems conspicuous by it's by absence. They must of had their share of homosexuals? Just an observation.
    Homosexuality is discussed in the New Testament, and not in flattering terms, either.

    "Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

    Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Last edited by Warrior4God; May 5th 2012 at 01:12 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    21,690
    Blog Entries
    85

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior4God View Post
    Homosexuality is discussed in the New Testament, and not in flattering terms, either.

    "Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." (1 Cornthians 6:9-10)

    Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Hooah, here is an excerpt to a paper I turned in last week concerning this topic and how Romans 1 is clearly discussing homosexuality:
    For a person who is a homosexual or a lesbian to be sanctified before God, then they have to turn away from sin the same as any person must turn from any sin. Sanctification brings about the changing in the mind and this result in the changing in the lifestyle of Christians. They stop doing what is sinful and they start doing what is righteous before God. In the scriptures both Old Testament and New Testament we read that sexual relation between same-sex people is sinful. Romans 1: 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due (NKJV). If any Christian who is homosexual or a lesbian and who truly desire to be sanctified before God and not be considered as “worshiping and serving the creature” or described as having “vile passions” or considered to have “left the natural use of” or to continue in “burning in lust for one another” and are “committing what is shameful” and finally, “receive the penalty of their error”. If sanctification is what they truly seek, then they need to STOP and turn away from this sin the same as ANY Christian must stop and turn away from any sin that is preventing continued sanctification before God.
    Slug1--out

    ~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

    ~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

    ~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~


    ~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

    ~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    4,505
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Foremost is love. If you love your child, you will discipline him.

    The thing I find interesting is the use of the term rod. In scripture, we may view a rod as either a stick, or pole, or we may view it as a measurement. Therefore the rod could be a measuring stick.

    When we know that discipline can take many forms from a smack on the behind to rod across the back, I would much rather read this passage as " Out of love for the child, give him a measured discipline.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Everywhere I go, there I am.
    Posts
    21,013

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    I'll add my two cents in here as well.

    Psalm 23
    4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


    The Good Shepherd knows what to do with a rod - He guides with it.

    I have no idea why anyone would consider a "punch" as a comfort. do any of you?

  7. #67

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Foremost is love. If you love your child, you will discipline him.

    The thing I find interesting is the use of the term rod. In scripture, we may view a rod as either a stick, or pole, or we may view it as a measurement. Therefore the rod could be a measuring stick.

    When we know that discipline can take many forms from a smack on the behind to rod across the back, I would much rather read this passage as " Out of love for the child, give him a measured discipline.
    Never looked at the word (rod) that way. Good observation!

  8. #68

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    He doesn't but neither did he refer to proverbs in his teachings. That, I know doesn't make them invalid but if we only learn one thing it surely must be his emphasis on LOVE. Nowhere in his ministry does he advocate ' a good whoopin' never did anyone any harm' Good role models and Love, yes, aggressive parents, no.
    The Proverbs, which were inspired by The Holy Spirit, plainly tell us that the father who does not use the rod of discipline on his son when he needs it does not love him.

  9. #69

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Foremost is love. If you love your child, you will discipline him.

    The thing I find interesting is the use of the term rod. In scripture, we may view a rod as either a stick, or pole, or we may view it as a measurement. Therefore the rod could be a measuring stick.

    When we know that discipline can take many forms from a smack on the behind to rod across the back, I would much rather read this passage as " Out of love for the child, give him a measured discipline.
    Historically, how did descendants of Abraham (both arabs and jews) commonly administer discipline? Rodding was a very common form. The "rodding" I am referencing definitely did not involve measuring.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    264

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Historically, how did descendants of Abraham (both arabs and jews) commonly administer discipline? Rodding.
    Where do they punish with the rod and is a rod commonly used to kill someone?

    As I've said in another thread there's no golden ticket to run all over someone.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    264

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    I don't know what bothers me more - the fact that he could have meant literal "punch" or the fact that his mindset was "punch" as a metaphor.

    To me, "punch" elicits thoughts of impulse aggression...that doesn't seem like the model of controlled correction I'm looking for.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Everywhere I go, there I am.
    Posts
    21,013

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness.

    I don't see a single word in that whole list that could be construed as "punch".

  13. #73

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior4God View Post
    Homosexuality is discussed in the New Testament, and not in flattering terms, either.

    "Donít you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Donít fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat peopleónone of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." (1 Cornthians 6:9-10)

    Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Thank you for those verses, I don't confess to be top of the class at bible references, and I am not condoning the sin but 1. homosexuality is listed here with a bunch load of other sins ( none of them flattering] and I know for one that I haven't completely got rid of my greedy nature yet, can we all say truthfully that we are sin free, remember there is no degree of sins and only one unforgivable sin ( and it's not homosexuality) so my point is can any of us stand in judgement.
    2. Jesus examples were plain for all to see, that's why he got up the Pharisee's noses, he sat an ate with the sinners, he didn't condone them but neither did he ostracise them. Everything he did was in love and there's no indication that he gave Mary Magdalene a clump before she came to understand the truth.
    3. How many of us would react well when we have fallen from grace by a punch? It was the love and forgiveness of Christ that was the revelation, before Christ came, sin was dealt with by aggression, look at the 'who will cast the first stone' story. And in all things LOVE. I Praise God for his patience and 70 x 7 forgiveness and I am not going to rattle his cage by standing in judgement of others. There but by the Grace of God go I.
    So as someone else said "Hate the sin Love the sinner"
    My last thought, everybody by now must know that even dogs respond better to kindness and encouragement, aggression only makes them fearful and more likely to misbehave, so how much more would that apply to our children, what child will go back to his father saying he made the same mistake again if he thought he would get another punch, would we go to the foot of the cross time and again if we thought that a punch was awaiting us?
    I have waffled on as females do and sorry about the grammer etc.
    with love in Christ ............................................
    Mari


    [/B][/I]Seems pretty straight forward to me. [/QUOTE],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  14. #74

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Historically, how did descendants of Abraham (both arabs and jews) commonly administer discipline? Rodding was a very common form. The "rodding" I am referencing definitely did not involve measuring.
    But then Christ came, not to do away with the old testament but to show us a new way of love and forgiveness.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    5,509

    Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

    Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    Thank you for those verses, I don't confess to be top of the class at bible references, and I am not condoning the sin but 1. homosexuality is listed here with a bunch load of other sins ( none of them flattering] and I know for one that I haven't completely got rid of my greedy nature yet, can we all say truthfully that we are sin free, remember there is no degree of sins and only one unforgivable sin ( and it's not homosexuality) so my point is can any of us stand in judgement.
    2. Jesus examples were plain for all to see, that's why he got up the Pharisee's noses, he sat an ate with the sinners, he didn't condone them but neither did he ostracise them. Everything he did was in love and there's no indication that he gave Mary Magdalene a clump before she came to understand the truth.
    3. How many of us would react well when we have fallen from grace by a punch? It was the love and forgiveness of Christ that was the revelation, before Christ came, sin was dealt with by aggression, look at the 'who will cast the first stone' story. And in all things LOVE. I Praise God for his patience and 70 x 7 forgiveness and I am not going to rattle his cage by standing in judgement of others. There but by the Grace of God go I.
    So as someone else said "Hate the sin Love the sinner"
    My last thought, everybody by now must know that even dogs respond better to kindness and encouragement, aggression only makes them fearful and more likely to misbehave, so how much more would that apply to our children, what child will go back to his father saying he made the same mistake again if he thought he would get another punch, would we go to the foot of the cross time and again if we thought that a punch was awaiting us?
    I have waffled on as females do and sorry about the grammer etc.
    with love in Christ ............................................
    Mari


    [/B][/I]Seems pretty straight forward to me.

    I merely indicated that the New Testament calls homosexuality sin, as you incorrectly thought that there weren't any verses in New Testament scripture that showed that. I never indicated that we shouldn't love homosexuals or that they have committed the "unforgivable sin" by being gay or that other sins are somehow "less sinful" than homosexuality. The problem that I often see with some Christians when it comes to homosexuality is that they see things as all or nothing. For some Christians, you are guilty of "hating" gays when you call homosexuality sin while other Christians believe that you "condone" homosexuality when you don't treat gays like they've committed the "unforgivable sin." Come on, people. There is a more balanced approach to things. Yes, homosexuality is sin. It's a perversion of the way God created sex to be experienced. Sex is to be enjoyed between one man and one woman. Nothing else. Not men with men or women with women. However, the sin of homosexuality is not the "unforgivable sin." That sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees became guilty of such a sin when they treated the Holy Spirit with such contempt when Jesus performed miracles that they stated Christ did supernatural things by the power of Satan. It was the ultimate insult to God to equate something so holy and good with something so vile and wicked. The Pharisees' complete hardness of heart to be able to slander the Holy Spirit the way they did was what made their sin unforgivable to God.
    Last edited by Warrior4God; May 5th 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: May 24th 2014, 10:58 AM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: Jun 16th 2012, 01:25 AM
  3. Iraqui Christian Children "Don't exist" for Moslems
    By L'Ange in forum Prayer for the Persecuted Church
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 3rd 2011, 02:44 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 19th 2009, 02:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •