cure-real
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

Blog Entries

Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    Really? I didn't see that stated anywhere.
    Try reading the title to this thread

Re: NC Pator Sean Harris says Parents should "Punch" their gay acting children...

The kids are all Christian?????

Blog Entries

Maybe just on assumption?

I say we punch all the pastors giving stupid and unreasonable advice.

Quote Originally Posted by claybevan View Post
    I agree that different children respond to different measures, I have three grown up sons and I needed a different manual for each of them and there were times when I had to go and kick the cooker instead of them.
    Was that really what brought you round, I don't say that in an incredulous way, just wondered wether there were other factors that brought about your reform.
    Had they not used the rod do you think you would still be an angry man or do you think all that table throwing would of eventually worked it's way out of your system?
    I'm a redhead or was and I had a fearful temper, sometimes my face got as red as my hair but I didn't get my temper knocked out of me, it just all seemed a bit pointless in the end, especially when my tantrums kept being ignored and I just got loved back. We do obviously have to correct wrong behaviour in our children but if what the original post said, is applied in general, an awful amount of damage could be done to a gentle or fearful child.
    Nothing to do with your story at all but I think of all the beatings and punishments that the catholic priests and nuns dished out in the name of correction (yes I know it wasn't done in love) but all that did was to cause anger, resentment and worse. I can't think that love shows itself in aggression. I guess we all have our different ways and we will have to agree to disagree.
    A sister in Christ
    I was not an angry person. I was just mischievous. I I had no pent up anger, I just enjoyed provoking responses from people. I enjoyed seeing authority figures come unglued and act like a kid. I was an expert at pushing peoples buttons. I learned all kinds of interesting things about myself when I took psychology classes in College. It used crack me up to make my mother melt down and start crying. It was a competition and I almost always won. I would make my dad so mad that his face would start turning shades of red and almost purple. I would imagine steam coming out of his ears. It was truly entertaining for me to provoke such childish responses out of the adults.

I still love animals. When I hunt, I am careful to not break up families of animals. I will hold out for lone animals or a group of two does and kill both of them. I hunt for meat, not for fun. I do not enjoy killing animals.
    I am not really sure if the rod of correction changed my heart, or just kept my in line until the Lord did that work. I would have to speculate that the latter is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    I was not an angry person. I was just mischievous. I I had no pent up anger, I just enjoyed provoking responses from people. I enjoyed seeing authority figures come unglued and act like a kid. I was an expert at pushing peoples buttons. I learned all kinds of interesting things about myself when I took psychology classes in College. It used crack me up to make my mother melt down and start crying. It was a competition and I almost always won. I would make my dad so mad that his face would start turning shades of red and almost purple. I would imagine steam coming out of his ears. It was truly entertaining for me to provoke such childish responses out of the adults.

I still love animals. When I hunt, I am careful to not break up families of animals. I will hold out for lone animals or a group of two does and kill both of them. I hunt for meat, not for fun. I do not enjoy killing animals.
    I am not really sure if the rod of correction changed my heart, or just kept my in line until the Lord did that work. I would have to speculate that the latter is the case.
    Sorry, but in a case like this you needed a good slap up the side of your head.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

okay.............................

Blog Entries

The Bible contains the answer. Read the Shema and Titus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior4God View Post
    I say we punch all the pastors giving stupid and unreasonable advice.
    Aye laddie. An eye for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    The Bible contains the answer. Read the Shema and Titus.
    Can you just answer a question?

Blog Entries

Can you just answer a question?
    Believers are to raise their children in the faith. That is a commandment. Is this news to you?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Believers are to raise their children in the faith. That is a commandment. Is this news to you?
    Sure. All brand new to me. I'm a right dolt and a heathen as well. Sheesh.

raise our children in the faith. Does that include punching them? Does that mean not allowing little girls to climb trees? Or allowing a little boy to learn how to cook?

That IS what this entire thread is about, right? Unless I am truly a dolt.

Blog Entries

Sure. All brand new to me. I'm a right dolt and a heathen as well. Sheesh.

raise our children in the faith. Does that include punching them? Does that mean not allowing little girls to climb trees? Or allowing a little boy to learn how to cook?

That IS what this entire thread is about, right? Unless I am truly a dolt.
    I already gave my opinion about raising children. I'm not going to repeat myself.

This thread took a few turns and twists. I was addressing the motives for pulling one sentence from one pastor probably out of context from one sermon and making a national crisis out of it.

I think Dr. Spock did far greater damage to children than this pastor could ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne D View Post
    Sorry, but in a case like this you needed a good slap up the side of your head.

Jeanne
    Yeah, I agree. ....................

Different children respond to different methods of correction.
    The only one that usually worked on me was the application of a hickory to my rear end and legs. When I was younger, I did not care what made my parents happy. I did not care how much reasoning you did with me. The only thing that would correct my behavior was the application of pain. My grandmother thought she could correct me without whipping me. When I turned her kitchen table over and broke all the legs off of it while she was outside feeding the dog, she decided that maybe a hickory switch would work better on me than talking.
    Go Granny!

Yes, different things work on different children.

Thread Information