cure-real
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Apologetics & Evangelism, already feel completely incompetent my first try...

Re: New to Apologetics & Evangelism, already feel completely incompetent my first try

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I don't think it's accurate to say God has contempt for homosexuals. He has contempt for homosexual acts.
    Leviticus 20:13: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

What do you call that?

Re: New to Apologetics & Evangelism, already feel completely incompetent my first try

exiledchristian,

You really need to actually read what people have posted and think about what they've posted before you reply to them. It's obvious that you aren't doing that right now.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by exiledchristian View Post
    Leviticus 20:13: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

What do you call that?
    I said that God doesn't have contempt for homosexuals but that he has contempt for homosexual acts. Your verse confirms what I said. If someone commits the act, then they pay for the act. The verse says nothing about contempt for the person, but contempt for their behavior and a consequence for the behavior. Extrapolating your line of reasoning, look up everything in the books of Moses that people are to be put to death for (there are many instances). Whatever you claim of homosexuality is necessarily true about all of those too using your line of reasoning.
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

I said that God doesn't have contempt for homosexuals but that he has contempt for homosexual acts. Your verse confirms what I said. If someone commits the act, then they pay for the act. The verse says nothing about contempt for the person, but contempt for their behavior and a consequence for the behavior. Extrapolating your line of reasoning, look up everything in the books of Moses that people are to be put to death for (there are many instances). Whatever you claim of homosexuality is necessarily true about all of those too using your line of reasoning.
    So God does not have contempt for homosexuals,but only their acts? if Yes,only their acts,then why are they categorized in 1 Corinthians 6:9 as been ''Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God''
    Are we to say God will accept homosexuals as long as they don't have sex?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    exiledchristian,

You really need to actually read what people have posted and think about what they've posted before you reply to them. It's obvious that you aren't doing that right now.
    Let me ask this,Are we to say God will accept homosexuals as long as they don't ''lie with'' each other?

Blog Entries

So God does not have contempt for homosexuals,but only their acts? if Yes,only their acts,then why are they categorized in 1 Corinthians 6:9 as been ''Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God''
    Are we to say God will accept homosexuals as long as they don't have sex?
    Don't stop at verse 9. Read verse 10. The answer is there.
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Better yet read the rest of the chapter as well:

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Can there be any doubt?

Better yet read the rest of the chapter as well:

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Can there be any doubt?

This is a reference to the previous verses,9 and 10

Don't stop at verse 9. Read verse 10. The answer is there.
    How is the answer in verse 10?

This is a reference to the previous verses,9 and 10
    It's in reference to all of it! Do you only read scripture line by line or do you try to read it in context with the rest of scripture?

You asked

Let me ask this,Are we to say God will accept homosexuals as long as they don't ''lie with'' each other?
    God doesn't accept -anybody- who hasn't -repented of their sins- and become --born again.-- Once they are born again they are washed, sanctified and justified in the name of Jesus! All of the past sin is gone after that.

Unless or until someone does that it doesn't matter what their sin is because they are not washed, sanctified or justified in the name of the Lord Jesus. There is only --one way-- for -anybody and everybody-. Jesus. Repent. Be born again or go refuse Him and go to hell. But if you are born again it doesn't matter what your sin was----even if you were gay----you have been forgiven.

That's God's grace man! And it's wonderful!

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God doesn't sit up in heaven hating on people! He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son! That who ever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! And how can anyone who truly believes not love Him and follow His commands?

John 14:15-17
    [B]
    15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

It's in reference to all of it! Do you only read scripture line by line or do you try to read it in context with the rest of scripture?

You asked

God doesn't accept -anybody- who hasn't -repented of their sins- and become --born again.-- Once they are born again they are washed, sanctified and justified in the name of Jesus! All of the past sin is gone after that.

Unless or until someone does that it doesn't matter what their sin is because they are not washed, sanctified or justified in the name of the Lord Jesus. There is only --one way-- for -anybody and everybody-. Jesus. Repent. Be born again or go refuse Him and go to hell. But if you are born again it doesn't matter what your sin was----even if you were gay----you have been forgiven.

That's God's grace man! And it's wonderful!

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God doesn't sit up in heaven hating on people! He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son! That who ever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! And how can anyone who truly believes not love Him and follow His commands?

John 14:15-17
    [B]
    15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
    Does God accept a born again homosexual,even if he stays a homosexual?

As I stated ''This is a reference to the previous verses,9 and 10'' - read verse 9 and 10 and see what it says.
    Verse 9 and 10 is all of it!

As for hating people?

Romans 9:13:As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

If God doesn't hate people why does he hate Esau?

Or why are people not allowed to enter God's congregation?

Deuteronomy 23:2-3:
    2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
    3 An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the Lord for ever:

At this point all I can conclude is that you are just trying to play a game. Game over.

As I said before you really need to actually read what people have posted and think about what they've posted before you reply to them. How can you have a convesation with someone when you don't bother to try and figure out what it is that they are saying?

Blog Entries

How is the answer in verse 10?

My apologies for the confusion. The answer is in verse 9 itself.

The last four words of verse 9 in Greek are οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται. Most translations don't make this very clear. The words refer to the passive and active participants in male homosexual acts. The KJV is extremely unclear in the way it renders this passage. So most people actually miss in English what Paul was saying. Anyway, these two words are speaking of both sides of practicing homosexual relationships, i.e. committing the act.

At this point all I can conclude is that you are just trying to play a game. Game over.

As I said before you really need to actually read what people have posted and think about what they've posted before you reply to them. How can you have a convesation with someone when you don't bother to try and figure out what it is that they are saying?
    I'm not playing a game.

My apologies for the confusion. The answer is in verse 9 itself.

The last four words of verse 9 in Greek are οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται. Most translations don't make this very clear. The words refer to the passive and active participants in male homosexual acts. The KJV is extremely unclear in the way it renders this passage. So most people actually miss in English what Paul was saying. Anyway, these two words are speaking of both sides of practicing homosexual relationships, i.e. committing the act.
    Committing the act,as in Just laying with another person of the same sex,or Just been with some one of the same sex?

Thread Information