cure-real

Thread: Afghan child Bride

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Afghan child Bride

I believe I posted on this story a while ago, when it occurred, it's a story about a child bride whose inlaws and husband were trying to force her into prostitution by torturing her. The good news is this girl is going to see some justice and is being cared for properly. I thank God that her uncle was the one who got help for her, because no one would have listened to a woman. I hope and pray that these women and girls in Afghanistan finally get their rights and protections that they should have, that all human beings deserve to have.
    http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-child-b...123858925.html
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Re: Afghan child Bride

It's very sad what this girl went through. It's good to know that she's getting some kind of justice and that she's moving on with her life.

You tax Dollars hard at work.
    I never understood the Bush Admin's social policies regarding the Afghans but, tolerating crap like this has sealed America's fate in Afghanistan and is one of the main reasons why we are losing that war.

Quote Originally Posted by independentDemocra View Post
    I never understood the Bush Admin's social policies regarding the Afghans but, tolerating crap like this has sealed America's fate in Afghanistan and is one of the main reasons why we are losing that war.
    Hello iD,

In what sense was the Bush Admin tolerating crap? Afghanistan is not the United States. We don't go into any country and demand that they live by our standards (which are falling rapidly due to liberal ideology). Arghanistan is a mostly Muslim country. They live according to their own Muslim standards - according to which women are 2nd class persons at best. Things are at least better for some women there because of our presence. If you think you can do better, then I invite you to go to Afghanistan and make a go of it.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by independentDemocra View Post

Really? We had to make this about Bush? Or any president? Come on.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Well, look at Germany and especially Japan or South Korea... We completely destroyed most of the nefarious parts of their respective cultures and replaced it with our own. Afghanistan is a financial and moral black hole. And yes, like opium and drug dealing... child brides is something that we could easily put a stop to in A-Stan but, choose not to.
    And I was supposed to go to Afghanistan (I am a 4 year vet of the Marine Corps) but, chose not to go once it became apparent that we were not there to help the people in any way shape or form. Maybe, if we had instituted a Marshall Plan or an actual rebuilding program we would not be losing this war.
    But what do you expect from a country that burns Bibles... (P.S. our soldiers burned Bibles rather than run the risk of "rogue" soldiers giving them away to the Afghan people)
    Last edited by independentDemocra; May 12th 2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: grammar

So the US is responsible for all the world's problems... none of which existed until we came along. Perhaps we should self-detonate all our nukes... the world would, I suppose, be much better off without us.
    Last edited by Bandit; May 12th 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thread Information