Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strangest foods you have ever mixed together and found out were good.

Blog Entries

Strangest foods you have ever mixed together and found out were good.

I have an idea lets talk about the strangest foods we have ever mixed together either on purpose or by accident and it didn't look very good but it tasted great.

Mine is picante sauce, mixed with cheddar cheese dip and sour cream. I call it my body bag dip Because my dad and I used to watch this autopsy show and the dip looks like some of the stuff they pulled out.. Gross looking I know, but it tastes great.

Blog Entries

Re: Strangest foods you have ever mixed together and found out were good.

I can't think of any I've done myself really.

But I know that the first time I ever went into a Waffle House and saw the Chicken & Waffles I was curious enough to try it. A huge buttered waffle, with a chicken breast that has been deep fried and covered in hot sauce on top of it, and then you cover it all up with maple syrup.

It sounds crazy. It looks crazy. It taste great!

Some people and places serve the chicken on the side and without the hot sauce and it just isn't the same to me.
    “For it has never yet been known to fail that one fool, when he goes astray, takes several others with him.”

When I ate some of the shellack the Professor made.
    "What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

Blog Entries

Shellack? I think I'll pass.

I did not personally eat this, but rather witnessed it: Marmalade and mustard sandwich.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Blog Entries

Right now I am eating a corned beef Ruben sandwich that I had the ladies at the deli add a burger to just in honor of this thread.

And because I couldn't decide between a burger and a Ruben. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to grunt like a caveman while I eat it and pretend that I'm not just begging for a heart attack with this monstrosity.
    “For it has never yet been known to fail that one fool, when he goes astray, takes several others with him.”

Quote Originally Posted by JK18 View Post
    I have an idea lets talk about the strangest foods we have ever mixed together either on purpose or by accident and it didn't look very good but it tasted great.

Mine is picante sauce, mixed with cheddar cheese dip and sour cream. I call it my body bag dip Because my dad and I used to watch this autopsy show and the dip looks like some of the stuff they pulled out.. Gross looking I know, but it tastes great.
    Habanero pepper extract and vanilla ice cream.
    Habanero pepper juice and apple jelly.

A tamale with sour cream, mustard, fritos chips, and a few other things. It looked like puke but it tasted good.

I once had a kim chee and peanut butter sandwich. It really wasn't bad. Can't remember why I only did that one time.

Blog Entries

Wow that's......and it was good? Wow.

Blog Entries

Jalipeno Chocolate Ice Cream: I dice up Jali's and add it to my ice cream. What a yummy combo of flavor.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

I used to make my own after workout milkshakes. I thinks it's pretty common and not strange but....I'll throw one out there anyway.

Whey protein powder, peanut butter, cocoa powder, 3 raw eggs, a banana, some instant coffee, milk & ice. Throw it in a blender and then drink it down.

I don't know how out there this is, but corn chips dipped in ketchup have a very unique, but amazing taste. Also, at a local restaurant, they serve what they call malts. It is similar to soft serve ice cream. Their ketchup comes in little prepackaged containers that I open and then add some of the malt to. A french fry dipped in this blend tastes amazing.

When last in mexico I had shrimp wrapped in beacon stuffed with marlin an cheese then dipped in egg batter and deep fried .
    I loved it ,excuse my spelling it was called camorinos reiano . Good stuff there
    Last edited by Laish; May 25th 2012 at 04:53 AM.

Since some are mentioning resturants, I once had sea urchin at a sushi bar. It would not go down my throat! Still have a gag reflex to this day.

Thread Information