cure-real

Thread: Bible verse on exploring creation?

Bible verse on exploring creation?

I'm looking for a verse that calls us to learn about God's creation, to explore it and discover its many mysteries (note: this shouldn't be confused with verses on stewardship of creation). I seem to recall there being one such verse, but I can't seem to find it. Any thoughts on where I might locate this elusive passage? Thanks in advance.

(Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find one that seemed to fit my question.)

Blog Entries

Re: Bible verse on exploring creation?

Quote Originally Posted by 1morething View Post
    I'm looking for a verse that calls us to learn about God's creation, to explore it and discover its many mysteries (note: this shouldn't be confused with verses on stewardship of creation). I seem to recall there being one such verse, but I can't seem to find it. Any thoughts on where I might locate this elusive passage? Thanks in advance.

(Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find one that seemed to fit my question.)
    Hi, 1MT! I think the closest that I can come to what you are looking for is a verse in Job where God directed him to consider nature and how it points to Him (God) and in Romans where Paul states that when we consider nature, the natural (no pun intended) conclusion is to understand God.

Job 12:7-10. But ask the animals, and they will teach you; or birds of the air and they will tell you; or speak to the earth and it will teach you; or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the lord has done this. In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

Romans 1:19-20. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world His eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things He has made. So they are without excuse.

My opinion and understanding of the wonders of nature and its curious mysteries and grandeur is that none of was created to satiate our curiousity, but to bring glory to God. See Revelation 4:11.

".....it's your nickel"

Re: Bible verse on exploring creation?

I can't remember the minister (I think it was James Dobson), he loved to quote:
    The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
    Psalms 19:1

Thread Information