cure-real
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: If Adam and Eve hadnt sinned would they still be alive today?

If Adam and Eve hadnt sinned would they still be alive today?

This is a question that boggles my mind as so many other things do.... but has anyone else ever wondered this?

God told them they would die that very same day if they disobeyed a seemingly simple commandment (kinda scary).. Did they not know what the words "positively die" meant?

So would Adam and Eve still be alive today if they hadnt sinned and how old would they be?

Allyson

Re: If Adam and Eve hadnt sinned would they still be alive today?

Yes. They would be about 5772 years old.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

It is sad that they sinned and caused the world so much grief... but if they had not, none of us would even be here. Our world would have had another whole chain of events. So should we be grateful that they sinned???????? gee I cant believe I just said that... but I DO think about it.

It's all part of The Plan.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Part of what plan ?

Very true. At last, something we agree on.

Yes. They would be about 5772 years old.
    give or take 1 year

If Adam and Eve were created immortal, then what's the point of the Tree of Life?

Quote Originally Posted by allyc33 View Post
    It is sad that they sinned and caused the world so much grief... but if they had not, none of us would even be here. Our world would have had another whole chain of events. So should we be grateful that they sinned???????? gee I cant believe I just said that... but I DO think about it.
    a lot of people ask why did God create man when He knew they would sin, and i think you just gave the best answer i have heard for that
    Last edited by s4b4b47; Jun 7th 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: add quote

Quote Originally Posted by s4b4b47 View Post
    a lot of people ask why did God create man when He knew they would sin, and i think you just gave the best answer i have heard for that
    Well thank you..

I dont think for a second that God knew they would sin.. He gave them free will and let them decide. It was his right as their creator.

To think that God purposely put a temptation in their view knowing they would sin, would be saying that God was just playing games.. not only with them but all of humanity as well... Humans dont even set out to create something that would fail. Why would HE ever do something so cruel? ... But maybe some think this way.. how sad for God.

Quote Originally Posted by WSGAC View Post
    If Adam and Eve were created immortal, then what's the point of the Tree of Life?
    tree of life could grant immortallity to the fallen world. our spirits are immortal like the angels and fallen angels, which is why after death some will go to heaven and others will go to the opposite of heaven, if adam had eaten from the tree of life he would have gone on living in his body which would grow old and decayed with all the suffering but would not die. it would be like being in everlasting pain. I believe casting man from the garden of Eden was more due to God not wanting us to end up this way where our bodies would fail us but we would simply not die rather than because of sin, i see it as an act of protection.

a good read on this is - http://www.yhwh.com/Garden/garden6.htm

Blog Entries

This is a question that boggles my mind as so many other things do.... but has anyone else ever wondered this?

God told them they would die that very same day if they disobeyed a seemingly simple commandment (kinda scary).. Did they not know what the words "positively die" meant?

So would Adam and Eve still be alive today if they hadnt sinned and how old would they be?

Allyson
    They would not have died because it is sin that brought death to the human race. Yet God knew that they were going to sin, ( He didnt cause it but He foreknew it) and had already predetermined that He was going to send Jesus Christ, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. So God took something bad, ( Adam and Eves Sin) and turned it inside out and upside down and defeated the purpose of evil by bringing good out of evil. He has given us a better hope than living in Eden forever. He has given us the hope of dwelling in His house forever. ( Psalm 23:6; John 14: 1-3) Glory to God!

Acts 2:23- Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Quote Originally Posted by WSGAC View Post
    To me, The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was simply Gods way of giving Adam and Eve one law. "Dont touch it" and again, a free will to make a choice.. just as he continues to give us even now..

He wanted devotion and loyalty, He wanted Adam and Eve to trust him.... just as HE does now with all of us....They did not choose to trust him but chose to trust Satan instead. They found out what EVIL was and dragged humanity down with that choice. We are no different than Adam and Eve... we make our choices to trust God or not to trust Him.

Quote Originally Posted by glad4mercy View Post
    They would not have died because it is sin that brought death to the human race. Yet God knew that they were going to sin, ( He didnt cause it but He foreknew it) and had already predetermined that He was going to send Jesus Christ, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. So God took something bad, ( Adam and Eves Sin) and turned it inside out and upside down and defeated the purpose of evil by bringing good out of evil. He has given us a better hope than living in Eden forever. He has given us the hope of dwelling in His house forever. ( Psalm 23:6; John 14: 1-3) Glory to God!

Acts 2:23- Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    Is this The Plan that Fenris spoke about?

Well thank you..

I dont think for a second that God knew they would sin.. He gave them free will and let them decide. It was his right as their creator.

To think that God purposely put a temptation in their view knowing they would sin, would be saying that God was just playing games.. not only with them but all of humanity as well... Humans dont even set out to create something that would fail. Why would HE ever do something so cruel? ... But maybe some think this way.. how sad for God.
    God knew that they would sin, that does not implicate God in their sin. Satan tempted Eve, not God. God put them in a perfect garden and even came to see them there. Have you ever considered how would God display mercy, grace, and forgiveness if man never put himself in the position of needing a Savoir? God did not do it or cause it, but to say He had no foreknowledge of it violates a fundamental attribute of the character and nature of God, His omniscience.

There are a couple of passages to consider as well,

Ephesians 1:3-5
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

1 Peter 1:19-21
    19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

A Lamb for sacrifice foreordained before sin was committed? That is something to think on.
    Mark

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

(All Scripture quoted is from NKJV unless otherwise noted)

Thread Information