cure-real
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's Worse than Hell?

What's Worse than Hell?

Jesus rescued you from falling into the hands of Someone larger than your mind can conceive, stronger than the combined strength of a trillion nuclear explosions, a holy God destined to unload the complete, unrestrained force of His wrath on you for offending His holy nature. Thatís what you were really saved fromÖ

Apocalyptic urgency is not about saving your friend from hell. Itís about saving your friend from God. Hell isnít your friendís biggest problem; God is. Hell is simply the end result of Godís justified wrath. Itís the final permanent expression of his anger towards those who have purposely chosen to reject His lordship over their lives.
    Thatís why until you understand how violent and inhumane God really is, how utterly wrathful the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ can become, youíll never feel the urgency to help your non-Christian friends escape his detestable clutches. (From pages 119 & 132)
    Brian Jones quote from Hell is Real: But I Hate to Admit It

Great Evangelism Tool? No wonder American Christianity is in trouble.

Re: What's Worse than Hell?

I am amazed that this has 54 views and zero comments. Do you folks support this type of rhetoric? Or should Christians stand up to pastors like this?

so this pastor is saying people should not be judged for evil, in this case lets let all the murders out of prison and put the police officers in there since they are really the inhumane one lol

if this dude is stupid enough to say such a thing then he is not going to listen to someone telling him the truth.

What if the only message a person hears is from guys like this and they reject this man's god? Which is more deserving of Hell? I think people like him are responsible for atheism.

Veteran: Your right, but it might be that it is hard to respond to such an Article, when it is done with a spirit of hate from a person who is suffering from a loss. Maybe a loved one and he is angry at God who is all powerful who could of prevented it, and now he wants to share his pain by being angry at the God who betrayed him. This is how I interpreted the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Herblist View Post
    Veteran: Your right, but it might be that it is hard to respond to such an Article, when it is done with a spirit of hate from a person who is suffering from a loss. Maybe a loved one and he is angry at God who is all powerful who could of prevented it, and now he wants to share his pain by being angry at the God who betrayed him. This is how I interpreted the article.

He pastors a church and this is an excerpt from a book. I realize that it doesn't change what you stated above but he is influencing a congregation every Sunday.

Mod Note: Links to direct book sales sites are not allowed. Link deleted. If you should have any questions or concerns about this please start a thread in the Chat to Mods section.
    BrianW

Last edited by BrianW; Jun 11th 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
    I am amazed that this has 54 views and zero comments. Do you folks support this type of rhetoric? Or should Christians stand up to pastors like this?
    Biblical abuse. God sent his son into the world to save us from himself? Great message. No wonder so many seekers are turned off by such a view of the atonement. All that pent up wrath that needs an object to vent on. And then we justify it with all sorts of clever mental gymnastics about the holiness of God. Whatever!

Reminds me of a Casting Crowns song that says "the world is on their way to you, but their tripping over me."

Whats worse than hell?

The lake of Fire (Rev 20:14-15).

It amazes me that there are some pastors out there who can be so wrong and yet think they are so right. I do not support this type of nonsense and hopefully most Christians do not.

I cannot say that I would agree with everything this guy says, but it is theologically correct that it is God that is after the sinner, not Satan. Hell was created for Satan and the angels that fell with him, men who reject God are being sent there too.

This does not make God some terrible God, the Scripture is very clear it is God that hates the sinner, Satan is looking for company.

Matthew 10:28
    And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:5
    But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

1.Hebrews 10:31
    It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    Mark

ďEnter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

(All Scripture quoted is from NKJV unless otherwise noted)

God is inhumane and detestable? This is the guys basic premise?

I don't know what bible he's reading but the gospel says otherwise.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Let's always keep this in mind:

2 Peter 2: But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does[a] not slumber.

Now, with that said... since we don't have ALL of this pastor's message but only a TINY, an oh so tiny glimpse of the message from that book... let's also not forget this as well,

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Now... with that out of my system based on that tiny glimpse of the message from that pastor... I'll lean toward the 2 Peter 2 scriptures and raise this thread with this scripture as well:

John 10:5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”

And as for a warning:

2 Peter 3:16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So... let's judge the message's fruit so we are not in error. Pray for those who do listen to false teachers so they are not ALSO lured along into any false teachers destruction. So... if a congregation IS following that pastors voice and this tiny example is what his message is all about... they cannot hear the voice of God... so, please... pray for all of them.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries

That's why God's Word gives us discernment. Lots of false teachings I don't support. At least this one is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    God is inhumane and detestable? This is the guys basic premise?
    Yeah I know how disturbing.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Thread Information