Thread: prayer needed!

Blog Entries

prayer needed!

I have a better understanding all the time of how self-deception works.

I keep feeling temptation to let things into my mind that a KNOW I shouldn't let into my mind.

I keep finding myself coming up with unbelievable attempted rationalizations, justifications, and excuses to cave into temptation.

Albert Einstein was supposed to have said something along the lines of the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Well, I must be insane.

As time goes by, I cave in in this area less and less often.

I DON'T WANT TO CAVE IN AT ALL. (Well, technically I obviously DO or I wouldn't keep DOING it would I?) It produces HORRIBLE results EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Blog Entries

Re: prayer needed!

Praying that with the Lords help, you can become an overcomer, both in your thoughts and actions! Asking the Lord to show you how to walk away from this temptation.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Prayers for refresing new insights, experierinces and victory over temptation.

One of the disciples complained of doing a sin again & again & not wanting to do so. I personally think that he overcame temptation over time, with prayer & seeking wise counsel. If you are hurting yourself & or others, then turn to a mentor, a pastor, a decon, a psychiatrist that is a Christian, a Christian doctor, a prayer partner & an accountability partner. Of any you choose, also choose the last two named. Make sure you can totally trust the prayer & accountability partners. You may want to have them assigined by your pastor. A Christian counselor can really help with accountability & even give you ideas to personally keep you out of situations where you are most tempted.
    And please stop throwing stones at yourself. We are all sinners & in need of the saving grace of Christ. Christ told the crowd around the woman that was "caught" sinning (I'm being vague on purpose - not knowing your plight) - for those people around her with stones in there hands "Let him who is without sin cast the 1st stone." They all dropped stones & went away. Christ approached the woman. Do you remember what he told her? If not, please look it up. Follow the direction of Christ whom loves you so very much. Ok, you most likely will need help along the way. And that is partially why we Christians should gather together & have fellowship. Now I do not know the depths of your pain, or what you are doing. But God knows & I do believe that He has given talent to people to help Him, by helping others. Do not worry about sterio types. Trained Christian counselors & psychiatrists want to help people heal, to help people stop destructive habits & to help people learn how to stay away from or run from temptations.
    God loves you & desires His children to know true freedom. With Christ everything is possible. Trust Him & take a step & then more steps in faith toward healing through the body of Christ.
    And you will be in my prayers for the next 3 days. But God is with you always, so focus on Him & His word. His word heals, guides, delivers & transphorms a person's heart. You will be saved from this! Amen & amen.

We are only tempted to do what we would enjoy - which is why we need to be a 'living sacrifice' to the Lord, and we are all tempted in different ways, and always will be while on the earth.

Praying that you (and I) will always overcome temptations that lead away from the life of purity the Lord wants us to enjoy . . .

I will pray for you!

I'm going through a similar situation right now. The more your pray the more those temptations to think about certain stuff will go away. It's not easy and it can take a while but I pray that the temptation will go away and the thoughts will go away as well. God Bless †

Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

John 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Praying for you.

Praying for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Blog Entries

Praying you will learn to keep your mind on Messiah more and more as that will be a great antidote to the problems. "This book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth but you shall mutter it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein, for then you shall you make your way prosperous and then shall you have good success."

(You can pray for me to get better at that too! )
    Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Will be praying for you.

Thread Information