cure-real
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What does Islam teach about the end of times?

Blog Entries

What does Islam teach about the end of times?

I never thought I'd be asking a question about something that Islam teaches. I've never felt the need to learn about something so against the REAL God, but how can I understand without knowing the enemy. This is totally out of my comfort zone. I know nothing about them besides what I read in the Bible and what I'm seeing in the news.
    Does Islam teach about the end of times? What are their beliefs about how the world will end?

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in Christ, now more than ever we need to stick together
    Are you into God?

Blog Entries

Re: What does Islam teach about the end of times?

Quote Originally Posted by RUN2GOD View Post
    I never thought I'd be asking a question about something that Islam teaches. I've never felt the need to learn about something so against the REAL God, but how can I understand without knowing the enemy. This is totally out of my comfort zone. I know nothing about them besides what I read in the Bible and what I'm seeing in the news.
    Does Islam teach about the end of times? What are their beliefs about how the world will end?

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in Christ, now more than ever we need to stick together
    1. A religious figure known as the "12th Mahdi" unites the Islamic world under a single Caliphate (government).
    2. Islam conquers the world.
    3. Jesus returns to earth, and converts to Islam.

But Islam isn't the only factor in world events!
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Blog Entries

Oh I know there's alot more that factors in concerning world events. Lord only knows why it's on my heart to know more about this....

So they don't teach that the end will come by a specific date or year?
    Are you into God?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post
    1. A religious figure known as the "12th Mahdi" unites the Islamic world under a single Caliphate (government).

In Islam, Jesus is already Muslim. When he came the first time his mission was to prophesy the coming of Muhammad, not to bring a Gospel.

The Mahdi is only relevant to Shia Islam (about 15%).

It is actually Jesus who conquers the world, killing all who fail to convert. In Shia Islam its the Mahdi who sets himself up in the Temple at Jerusalem and rules over the Caliphate. Jesus retires, gets married, has some kids.

Remarkable isn't it?
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevLogos View Post
    In Islam, Jesus is already Muslim. When he came the first time his mission was to prophesy the coming of Muhammad, not to bring a Gospel.

The Mahdi is only relevant to Shia Islam (about 15%).

It is actually Jesus who conquers the world, killing all who fail to convert. In Shia Islam its the Mahdi who sets himself up in the Temple at Jerusalem and rules over the Caliphate. Jesus retires, gets married, has some kids.

Remarkable isn't it?
    Such a very remarkable lie, that most people mistake as actual events inspired of God. Sure, they'll have their Mahdi, but it is their Mahdi. Not God's, though they think it is all from God.

And they're not our enemies. We have no human enemies. So pointing to Islam as the single greatest threat in all of this, is very misleading. Satan deceives the whole world, not just Islam.
    John 10 (KJV)
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Blog Entries

And they're not our enemies. We have no human enemies. So pointing to Islam as the single greatest threat in all of this, is very misleading. Satan deceives the whole world, not just Islam.
    First of all, if we didn't have enemies, why would Jesus tell us to love our enemies?In Matthew 5:45, Jesus says "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;". Now, IMO, Islam fits right in that category.

Secondly, I never said Islam was the single greatest threat of all of anything. They are drawing alot of attention to themselves right now, killing Christians and probably anyone else who doesn't accept their beliefs. So that is enough for me to feel uneasy.

Thirdly, how does any of this answer my question?
    Are you into God?

The amazing thing is how billions have taken hold of this false religion.
    I find it amazing that God gave the Hewbrews the word. The Christians then came into the fold and the bible by inheriting Jesus' teaching who was a Jew and added to the bible. John of course closed the bible with do not add to this book, the bible. Now the muslims come alone and use the bible for their own ends.
    From what I read they should not even use the internet.

Yup, that's what a colleague of mine who is moslem said at work the other day.
    She said that the returning Caliph or whatever he was, would make peace across the world (sounds familiar, huh?)
    She is Shia moslem from Iran, and another person pointed out that mainstream Islam has a slightly different version.

I was surprised at the similarities though! It seemed very close to the Christian version.
    In fact too close to be chance.
    Not sure what to make of that.

I've never particularly hated Islam and I much prefer muslims over atheists.

Oh I know there's alot more that factors in concerning world events. Lord only knows why it's on my heart to know more about this....

It will vary depending on what Muslim you ask. The gist of the theology is very close to the Christian idea of the end times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_eschatology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_i...#Second_coming

http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html#signs

Among others:

1. According to Shiites, there will be a great apostasy. I can give you the exact, original quote from a scholarly source if you'd like.

2. The Mahdi means "the rightly guided one" and his role varies greatly among Muslims. Some believe he already came.

3. The Islamic version of the end times parallels the Christian version of the end times (most notably, the resurrection).

4. Gog and Magog factor prominently into the Islamic end times as well.

5. Jesus will rule over the earth before the resurrection.

Lo! the Hour is surely coming. But I will to keep it hidden, that every soul may be rewarded for that which it striveth (to achieve)
    Surah 20:15
    Muslims believe that nobody knows when the end will come about, but after a period of degeneracy the Dajjal (antichrist) will appear and cause great destruction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masih_ad-Dajjal

Islam won't have complete control over the world, seeing as though several prophecies necessarily involve "Rome" being hostile to Muslims. Muslims will "conquer" the world under Jesus (similar to the millennial reign of Jesus).

This isn't true.

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Yup, that's what a colleague of mine who is moslem said at work the other day.
    She said that the returning Caliph or whatever he was, would make peace across the world (sounds familiar, huh?)
    She is Shia moslem from Iran, and another person pointed out that mainstream Islam has a slightly different version.

I was surprised at the similarities though! It seemed very close to the Christian version.
    In fact too close to be chance.
    Not sure what to make of that.

I've never particularly hated Islam and I much prefer muslims over atheists.
    It's so close in prophecy when compared to each other, because according to the bible, Islam's "12th Mahdi" is the anti-Christ.

But this is just a ruse, a game being played by Satan. He loves to build up false systems, to make us look in the wrong direction. He's that good at lying. He's been doing it for thousands of years. What makes any of us think we are above being deceived?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." - Ephesians 6:12.

Muslims are not our enemies, and we can't conquer them by force. Jesus said to do violence to no man. And I struggled and struggled with that for the longest time. I couldn't understand why Jesus would tell me that I shouldn't even defend myself from someone trying to kill me, but instead forgive them?

This some crazy stuff. I don't know about this Jesus guy. Do you?

Oh yeah, He wasn't kidding. He told us we would be hated for His name's sake. We can not escape it, no matter what we do. Might as well just Do Christianity instead of just talk about it. We need to invest our time in serving our communities, so that in their troubled times people are comforted, and can get to know God through you and your loving kindness.

Do you honestly think anyone wants to actually be homeless? Even if some say they do, they are lying to you. They are hurting on the inside, and are trying to cope with it. They are in a crisis, and we are letting them down.

How then will they be able to speak about how evil you are, simply because you're a Christian... If you've actually took the time to Show people who God really is?

We are so very depraved and full of vanity. The "Greatest Nation" on earth is so very, spiritually void.
    John 10 (KJV)

It's so close in prophecy when compared to each other, because according to the bible, Islam's "12th Mahdi" is the anti-Christ.
    There is no 12th Mahdi. The 12 Imam is the Mahdi. But this is only according to one sect of Islam (Shiites) as Rev Logos said, only about 15% of the world's Muslim population. The Shiite theology developed well after Mohammed had already died.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by decrumpit View Post
    There is no 12th Mahdi. The 12 Imam is the Mahdi. But this is only according to one sect of Islam (Shiites) as Rev Logos said, only about 15% of the world's Muslim population. The Shiite theology developed well after Mohammed had already died.
    And that matters, why?

When that happens, when the Mahdi appears, they'll all have some kind of enlightenment and be united. That's the whole point of the Mahdi.
    John 10 (KJV)

And that matters, why?

When that happens, when the Mahdi appears, they'll all have some kind of enlightenment and be united. That's the whole point of the Mahdi.
    For two reasons.

The first is the rather amazing parallels (or should I say, anti-parallels) between their eschatology and Christian eschatology. Its as if it were written from Satan's point of view, where good is evil and evil is good, and of course, Satan wins in their version. How did all this come about? I doubt they had much of an understanding of Christian eschatology.

The second is when dealing with Iran, which is Shia. Iranian clerics and the Ayatollah (the Shia "Pope") are more apocalyptic in their thinking, and believe this Mahdi comes in a time of world turmoil. If they can create this world conflict, then the Mahdi comes and wins the war supernaturally. How does one deal politically with a belief system that might very well act suicidally, by our standards? It is interesting to listen to Ajad speak at the UN about this. He ends every speech with a short talk about the Mahdi, that he is coming soon, and how the world will become so wonderful, loving, and peaceful. Sounds lovely to those who do not realize he means the murder of most of the world's population.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Quote Originally Posted by RevLogos View Post
    For two reasons.

The first is the rather amazing parallels (or should I say, anti-parallels) between their eschatology and Christian eschatology. Its as if it were written from Satan's point of view, where good is evil and evil is good, and of course, Satan wins in their version. How did all this come about? I doubt they had much of an understanding of Christian eschatology.

The second is when dealing with Iran, which is Shia. Iranian clerics and the Ayatollah (the Shia "Pope") are more apocalyptic in their thinking, and believe this Mahdi comes in a time of world turmoil. If they can create this world conflict, then the Mahdi comes and wins the war supernaturally. How does one deal politically with a belief system that might very well act suicidally, by our standards? It is interesting to listen to Ajad speak at the UN about this. He ends every speech with a short talk about the Mahdi, that he is coming soon, and how the world will become so wonderful, loving, and peaceful. Sounds lovely to those who do not realize he means the murder of most of the world's population.
    To see Islamic prophecy through the eyes of biblical prophecy, how about this series of events:

Islam can only hope to destroy the west by a surprise attack, to do this they have to first appease the west. They will therefore give the west what the west wants. The west wants to build a temple, Jews, freemasons, Catholics and Christians want this. The west wants peace for Israel. The unbelieving west wants a Christian Jewish Messiah. Islam will consent. The Turkish Caliph, friend of the west, and the pope will together form a religious team, a two city , two horn empire, that supports the antichrist (Rev 13). This will cause world peace as Islam predicts. Then 3.5 years after allowing this "Christian" ruler to rule, the Mahdi (Gog/Assyrian) will attack the antichrist by surprise, from the north and the east (ref Ezekiel 38, Daniel 11).

Blog Entries

Someone had told me a while back that their quoran says the world would end by the end of 2012. I'm not one to believe everything I hear, but I was just curious.
    Are you into God?

Thread Information