cure-real

Thread: God, help me forgive

God, help me forgive

I wrote this for myself and kept it in my wallet for several months. It really helped! I know it's a bit repetitive, but remember that this was not meant to be public at all. I'm posting it because it's probably the most sincere thing I've written/said.
    -----------

God, help me forgive. Help me to eliminate all thoughts of malice and revenge. Help me to accept responsibility for my wrongs, acknowledge the rightness -- and blessing -- of correction, and help me to move on and help others. Help me to accept the past, learn, and improve from the experience. God help me to forgive all things, big and small. Please save me from being consumed by thoughts of hurt and anger. God, help me forget and forgive. Help me forgie as Jesus Christ forgave. I pray for the strength to help, assist, and bless those who hurt, exploit, and condemn me. This is a difficult and scary prayer, but I need it and I need You. I need your grace, strength, and healing power. Please help me forgive. Please let me forgive, God. I ask you for the courage to forgive completely. Please let me bless and help everyone, even those who hurt me. Please let me remember that forgiveness is strength, not weakness. Forgiveness is power, not frailty. Forgiveness is freedom, not submission. Help me God. Please.
    ------

and He did

Blog Entries

Re: God, help me forgive

I am so happy for you that you have been released from this anger and bitterness ..in the end it would have only hurt you anyway.

Lovely heart felt prayer!
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

What a lovely prayer. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Quote Originally Posted by IL_post View Post

I wrote this for myself and kept it in my wallet for several months. It really helped! I know it's a bit repetitive, but remember that this was not meant to be public at all. I'm posting it because it's probably the most sincere thing I've written/said.
    -----------

God, help me forgive. Help me to eliminate all thoughts of malice and revenge. Help me to accept responsibility for my wrongs, acknowledge the rightness -- and blessing -- of correction, and help me to move on and help others. Help me to accept the past, learn, and improve from the experience. God help me to forgive all things, big and small. Please save me from being consumed by thoughts of hurt and anger. God, help me forget and forgive. Help me forgie as Jesus Christ forgave. I pray for the strength to help, assist, and bless those who hurt, exploit, and condemn me. This is a difficult and scary prayer, but I need it and I need You. I need your grace, strength, and healing power. Please help me forgive. Please let me forgive, God. I ask you for the courage to forgive completely. Please let me bless and help everyone, even those who hurt me. Please let me remember that forgiveness is strength, not weakness. Forgiveness is power, not frailty. Forgiveness is freedom, not submission. Help me God. Please.
    ------

and He did
    to this!... I can totally relate to much of what you've felt... with the Wisdom of advice in your summary too...
    I also write things to myself sometimes... so this was a real blessing to me as I'm sure it will be to others reading it...
    thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post

I am so happy for you that you have been released from this anger and bitterness ..in the end it would have only hurt you anyway.

Lovely heart felt prayer!
    very true... it's like a huge weight being lifted off your heart... like your mind being released from the prison of a painful past... into the freedom of a stronger future

Blog Entries

That is most excellent.

Thank you all for your replies . I hope you continue to be blessed & bless others with your kindness. thanks again!

Thread Information