cure-real

Thread: The Arm of the Flesh will fail you, you dare not trust your own.

Blog Entries

The Arm of the Flesh will fail you, you dare not trust your own.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus;
    Stand in his strength alone;
    The arm of flesh will fail you,
    You dare not trust your own.
    Put on the Gospel armor;
    Each piece put on with prayer.
    Where duty calls or danger,
    Be never wanting there.
    (Stand up for Jesus- verse 3)

a. The Law cannot save-

Romans 3: 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 2:21- I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

b. Man is made powerless by sin-

Romans 5:6- For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

c. Inability of man to do the good in the flesh.

Romans 7: 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

d. No confidence in the flesh.

Philippians 3:3- For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

e. Grace that draws us:

John 6:44- No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

f. Christians cannot even stand in their own strength, but need God to uphold them.

Jude 24- Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

g. The atonement is for sinners, not righteous people.

Mark 2:17- When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

h. Christ died for sinners, not righteous people.

Romans 5:8- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

i. Christ died for those who were without strength, not for those who could prevail through the flesh.

Romans 5: 6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly

j. Finally, if Christ had not died for us, none of us would have been ever free to come to God.

Hebrews 10: 19-22
    Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
    By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh
    having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience , and our bodies washedAnd having an high priest over the house ofGod; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

k. It is Christ who strengthens us to do all thing.

Philippians 4:13-
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

L. Welcome to the realm of the power of God. Seek not a form of godliness that denies the very power of godliness, but seek the righteousness and holiness that can only come through the atonement.

2 Peter 1:4- Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

All of this, ( along with the wholesome teachings of the the resurrection and the ascension) is the foundation of what I believe regarding God, man, sin, and grace.

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe...

I would add to this, all Glory to Him belongs.
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Re: The Arm of the Flesh will fail you, you dare not trust your own.

It don't think it's all about the flesh.

Ephesians 6: 10-17

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Blog Entries

Re: The Arm of the Flesh will fail you, you dare not trust your own.

Quote Originally Posted by ndibari View Post
    It don't think it's all about the flesh.

Ephesians 6: 10-17

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
    Good passage of scripture. My point was that we cannot accomplish anything in the flesh. The word flesh is often used to denote our own strength, power, will, or fortitude.

It is "...not by power, nor by might, but by my Spirit says the LORD. ( Zechariah 4:6)

We can will, but the power belongs to the LORD, who works in us both to will and to do of His Good Pleasure.

Blessings.
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Thread Information