cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

  1. #1

    Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Matt 1:21

    21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

    Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

    38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

    39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

    The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

    By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

    notice vs

    29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

    Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

    Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

    Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

    Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

    37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

    He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

    The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

    The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

    For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

    In Jn 15:13 we read this:

    13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

    The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

    Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

    2 Chron 20:7

    7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

    The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !

    Isa 41:8

    8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

    James 2:23

    23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

    Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

    Heb 2:16

    16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,837

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Anthon57

    You have posted some seemingly unrelated scriptures and so your point is a bit obscure for the reader. So I will only comment on the scriptures with your point subtitling it.

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony57 View Post
    Matt 1:21

    21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

    Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39
    The context of our Lord's birth in Matthew 1:21 is "Joseph thou son of David." So "your people" that Matthew talks of here must be Israel. David was king of unified Israel. This in accordance with the prophets (Isa.43:3 etc.). It is also in accordance with Zachariah's prophecy of Luke 1, the angels prophecy, Simeon's prophecy and Anna's prophecy, all of Luke 2.

    Now concerning your statement about the Devil's Children, how do you reconcile the fact that "all Israel will be saved" (Rom.11:26) yet the Pharisees, being Israelites and Seed of Abraham (which the Lord did not deny - John 8:37) were called "you are of your father the devil" in John 8:44?

    38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

    39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

    The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

    By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

    notice vs

    29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

    Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

    Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

    Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

    Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

    37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

    He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

    The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.
    A couple of observations as to your conclusion. Romans chapter 1 tells us that the things of God can be known by nature. This parable of the wheat and tares is a prime example.
    The difference between the wheat and the tares in nature is twofold;
    1. They are only discernibly different WHEN THE FRUIT APPEARS
    2. They come from a different seed

    Your contention that "The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful", contradicts your later statement, "He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man". Our Lord said; "For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit" (Luke 6:43). How could the wheat bring forth good fruit if it was "by nature children of wrath?"

    I submit that the correct version is that the seed which brought forth the wheat is the Holy Spirit (for Jesus is a Grain of Wheat - John 12:24), and the Tares are nominal Christians who look like, speak like and act like Christians but who, having not had their rebirth in the Holy Spirit, are imposters. Only when the fruit appears will the difference be known. The "Wheat" does not have its origin in Adam for Adam's seed must "ALL DIE" (1st Cor.15:22).

    The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

    For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !
    But scripture says; "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" (John 3:16-17), and, "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29), and "... he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" (1st John 2:2).

    Is not the correct version that God loved ALL men but many of those He loved, and gave His Son Jesus for, will reject Him?


    In Jn 15:13 we read this. 13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

    The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

    Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?
    You should really give scriptures for this conclusion. Abraham was an idol worshipper (Josh.24:2), and only became "Friend" of God because of his faith (Jas.2:23). This would make him an enemy of God until he believed God. Same as the Good and Bad seed above. They were all Bad seed until the Sower sowed Good Seed. No-one denies that they were loved, elected and foreknown by God before time began, but your exegesis is contradictory.

    2 Chron 20:7
    7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

    The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !
    And here, contrary to your statement at the beginning, you MAKE ISRAEL GOD'S PEOPLE!

    Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with
    Is it not more correct to say the people who are saved BECOME the seed of Abraham through Christ? (Gal.3:28-29) "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Gal.3:29)! The context is "who will be seed of Abraham FOR INHERITING PROMISES?" The answer; Those who are (already become) Christ's are now become Seed of Abraham FOR INHERITANCE PURPOSES".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IN THE WORD
    Posts
    126
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    AMEN to the passages!!!


    AGAPE
    MARK 12:29-31

  4. #4

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    What does it say about a person who is quite proud of himself for being "chosen" but cares so little about the "un-chosen" so as to rub it in their faces. Shameful! What does the Bible say about pride?

  5. #5

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Originally Posted by anthony57

    Matt 1:21

    21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

    Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39
    The context of our Lord's birth in Matthew 1:21 is "Joseph thou son of David." So "your people" that Matthew talks of here must be Israel. David was king of unified Israel. This in accordance with the prophets (Isa.43:3 etc.). It is also in accordance with Zachariah's prophecy of Luke 1, the angels prophecy, Simeon's prophecy and Anna's prophecy, all of Luke 2.
    I agree with this answer. Right on.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Fl. (USA)
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony57 View Post
    Matt 1:21

    21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom ... He is a Saviour to, His People !

    Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People ...

    Um, I'm sensing a lot of assumptions here. Yes, Jesus came to save His people, but the question remains: "Who are His people?"

    Are "His people" a fixed number of preselected individuals? (In which case one could ask what actual purpose the atonement served, for why "die" for those already saved by a decision in eternity past? And why or how would "faith" even be necessary in such a scenario?)

    Or by "His people" could it mean any and all who would have faith in Him, applying the blood of the Lamb to the doorposts of their heart through faith? (In such a scenario the atonement is the actual saving act of God - a self-sacrifice for His people - and faith is that necessary ingredient by which man appropriates what God has provided.)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Living By Faith
    Posts
    4,763
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    What does it say about a person who is quite proud of himself for being "chosen" but cares so little about the "un-chosen" so as to rub it in their faces. Shameful! What does the Bible say about pride?
    Do you actualy know people like this SEEKING?
    How does a person know who belongs or will belong to God or not?
    I suppose that is what I would say to someone who boasted on being chosen by God, yet had no compassion for others.

    I would think being chosen from a complete state of unworthiness (in regard to specific doctrinal belief) is intended to bring a person to their knees, in servitude knowing that the mercy of God has been given them.

    Peace to you!

    Psalms 138:7-8
    Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
    you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.
    The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Do not forsake the work of your hands.

  8. #8

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    walls

    The context of our Lord's birth in Matthew 1:21 is "Joseph thou son of David." So "your people" that Matthew talks of here must be Israel.
    It is Israel, but not the Israel you think ! Rom 9:6

    6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

  9. #9
    Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People cont

    Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

    Heb 2:16

    16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

    Now it will be pointed out that the seed of Abraham, that is Christ people whom He shall save from their sins, is not limited to ethnic jews, but to all [both jew and gentile] who will believe in Jesus Christ.

    Gal 3:29

    29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

    These are also the heirs of promise and children of promise Rom 9:8

    8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

    One of biggest blunders in our day is to think that ethnic jews, because of their race, are the people of God.

    The seed of Abraham that Christ came to save and whom He identified with, were children of promise, and was comprised of ethnic diversity of every nation.

    If we look back to the time when Abraham's name was changed to Abraham from Abram in Gen 17:5

    5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

    We find that it was changed because God made him a Father of not one nation, but of many Nations !

    Now if he was declared to be their Father, it goes without reason they were declared to be his seed.

    So how did Abraham have a seed of all these different ethnicities ? Because they had been [before the creation of the world] chosen in Christ Abraham's True seed. Gal 3:16

    16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

    The ethnic jews mistake [ even those who became true believers in Christ as peter] was that they thought they were the only ethnic group that was Abraham's seed.

    Peter preached the gospel to some jews in Acts 3:24-25


    24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

    25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

    But peter did not realize that the same promise belonged to gentiles as Paul pointed out in Gal 3:8

    8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

    Both preachers peter and paul are referring back to the same declaration in Gen 12:3

    3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

    And it is sad today to say the same delusion still is prevalent in religion of our day.

    It is clear however, that God gave Abraham a seed of diverse nations in Gen 17:5, for that is when He first was called Abraham by God.

    Thats Paul's argument in Rom 4:10-12

    10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.


    11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

    12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

    God gave Abraham the promises while in uncircumcision [ non ethnic jew] that He might be the Father of all them that believe [ Gen 17:5]

    This is the seed of Abraham, that Jesus identified with Heb 2:16, that is who His people are that He came to save Matt 1:21.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,837

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony57 View Post
    Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People cont

    Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

    Heb 2:16

    16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

    Now it will be pointed out that the seed of Abraham, that is Christ people whom He shall save from their sins, is not limited to ethnic jews, but to all [both jew and gentile] who will believe in Jesus Christ.

    Gal 3:29

    29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

    These are also the heirs of promise and children of promise Rom 9:8

    8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

    One of biggest blunders in our day is to think that ethnic jews, because of their race, are the people of God.

    The seed of Abraham that Christ came to save and whom He identified with, were children of promise, and was comprised of ethnic diversity of every nation.

    If we look back to the time when Abraham's name was changed to Abraham from Abram in Gen 17:5

    5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

    We find that it was changed because God made him a Father of not one nation, but of many Nations !

    Now if he was declared to be their Father, it goes without reason they were declared to be his seed.

    So how did Abraham have a seed of all these different ethnicities ? Because they had been [before the creation of the world] chosen in Christ Abraham's True seed. Gal 3:16

    16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

    The ethnic jews mistake [ even those who became true believers in Christ as peter] was that they thought they were the only ethnic group that was Abraham's seed.

    Peter preached the gospel to some jews in Acts 3:24-25


    24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

    25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

    But peter did not realize that the same promise belonged to gentiles as Paul pointed out in Gal 3:8

    8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

    Both preachers peter and paul are referring back to the same declaration in Gen 12:3

    3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

    And it is sad today to say the same delusion still is prevalent in religion of our day.

    It is clear however, that God gave Abraham a seed of diverse nations in Gen 17:5, for that is when He first was called Abraham by God.

    Thats Paul's argument in Rom 4:10-12

    10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.


    11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

    12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

    God gave Abraham the promises while in uncircumcision [ non ethnic jew] that He might be the Father of all them that believe [ Gen 17:5]

    This is the seed of Abraham, that Jesus identified with Heb 2:16, that is who His people are that He came to save Matt 1:21.
    anthony57

    What say you to these verses in 1st Timothy 2:1-5?

    "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

    And these from 2nd Corinthians 5:14-15?

    "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."

    In verse 15 above you can see that "they that live" shows that not all men will accept and apply this death. But nevertheless, the sacrifice was for "ALL."

  11. #11

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    wall

    What say you to these verses in 1st Timothy 2:1-5?
    I said something of those verses in a different thread. Howver, please deal with the my post you just quoted and then evaded. Please explain eavh point I made wheter you agtree or not to let me know that you understood each point !

    The different thread referred to is here:

    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...81#post2922081

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    Posts
    16,014

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    I disagree with the post because it is a classic example of eisegesis.

  13. #13

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I disagree with the post because it is a classic example of eisegesis.
    Which post do you disagree with ? Please rehearse each point that I made, tell me what I meant, then show us why you disagree with each point adding your detailed explanation !

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    Posts
    16,014

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    The FIRST one.

    You have a predetermined "personal truth" of which you feel the need to instruct us unwashed masses.

    So, you take isolated passages of Scripture, pluck them from the contexts in which they were stated, and exclaim "AH AH, the FIRST, you cretin."

    Sorry. Not interested.

    It is not honest. It is not rational. It is not helpful.

    And it is certainly not "rightly dividing the Word of Truth."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    10,355

    Re: Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People from their sins !

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony57 View Post
    Matt 1:21

    21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

    Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, HisPeople !

    Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

    38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

    39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

    The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

    By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

    notice vs

    29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

    Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

    Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

    Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

    Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

    37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

    He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

    The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

    The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

    For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

    In Jn 15:13 we read this:

    13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

    The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

    Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

    2 Chron 20:7

    7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

    The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !

    Isa 41:8

    8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

    James 2:23

    23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

    Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

    Heb 2:16

    16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].


    Are you yourself saved? Are you an ethnic born Jew? If the answer is yes to the former, and no to the latter, then going by the way you're reasoning all of this, you can't be saved, since, clearly His people is meaning the ethnic Jews in this context. Why do you continually disregard context? Context determines how something is to be understood. But the fact is, tho the context was only meaning the ethnic Jews, we know from Scripture that that wasn't the only ones He came to save from their sins, since Gentiles aren't ethnic Jews, and that they can indeed be saved from their sins as well. Ironically then, meaning you are correct about the following, His people do end up being both Jew and Gentile. But you have to twist Scripture to come to that conclusion, so that it fits with your overall position on things, while the rest of us, or at least most of us, we let Scripture speak for itself.



    Remember when I indicated context determines things? That same phrase 'His people', it is used elsewhere in the gospels. Take very close attention of to the following passage, and I will try and teach you a little something about context, since I'm convinced you usually ignore context.


    Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
    68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
    69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

    Let's stop here for a sec. Who is 'His people' meaning in this context, since it's obvious that an horn of salvation is referring to Jesus, the Son of God? Is it meaning the Israel you think it is meaning? Or in context, is it meaning the ethnic Jews? In order to clearly determine whom it is meaning, we need to read on a bit.

    Luke 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
    71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
    72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;


    Did you see that? Did you notice the part about 'our fathers'? Clearly that is in regards to the ethnic Jews, thus telling us how 'His people' are to be understood in this content. It is then unreasonable to conclude that 'His people' when used elsewhere in the gospels, such as Matt 1:21, that this is not meaning these same ethnic Jews.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is confession of sins to another person necessary for forgiveness of sins?
    By BibleGirl02 in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Jun 13th 2011, 05:42 PM
  2. Information If God is so gracious why doesn't he save more people?
    By tmentour in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Jan 8th 2010, 06:56 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jul 26th 2009, 07:08 PM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Jan 2nd 2009, 01:11 AM
  5. They chanted, "OBAMA SAVE US, OBAMA SAVE US!"
    By lifeandliberty in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 27th 2008, 09:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •