Thread: How does one tithe if he/she is not a pastor, elder, or such?

How does one tithe if he/she is not a pastor, elder, or such?

It has come to attention that several near-death-experience people have apparently seen people in Hell for not paying their tithes. At the same time, not every single person on Earth owns and/or runs/staffs a church. There are many millions of people worldwide that merely attend church, listen to the preacher/pastor, some give offerings to the guys with the baskets, but as far as I know, none of them are church staff (pastors, priests, preachers, elders, etc). Some mass attendees only attend mass once every couple months, a few months, some only on religious holidays such as Ash Wednesday, Easter Sunday, and other similar type holidays. At the same time, even the book of Malachi in the Bible appears to command that people pay tithes.

How are mass attendees expected to pay tithes if they are not even staff of the church, and especially if they are unable to make it to church every week?

Blog Entries

Re: How does one tithe if he/she is not a pastor, elder, or such?

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    IIt has come to attention that several near-death-experience people have apparently seen people in Hell for not paying their tithes...
    That may be what they have said, but I would seriously doubt that.

Blog Entries

GOD BLESS US ALL,

" Near-death" experiences?
    May we watch what we say as just a fear of dying can make an experience we never had seem " near death"; but it's not.
    Think, if something was supposedly " near death", then we would know where death is; no not it.

As far as tithing? Tithing is from the heart, and giving of what one has to help another; not just money.
    That can be done anywhere.
    There are two churches: 1. the church of the spirit ( your body and faith), which is the most important one. 2. the physical church, which is important as well. You don't have to be a part of a physical church to give an offering or something to the church. People do it all the time.

Believers have to know that we are all a part of the ONE BODY, which is the ONE TRUE CHURCH.
    Helping the homelss is tithing.
    Giving a car to someone that needs it is tithing.
    Taking the time out to answer the question of a child( that may not even be yours); this is tithing.
    and so many other examples that are acts of kindness that take time out of your personal life and you DO IT FROM THE HEART; this is tithing.

AGAPE
    MARK 12:29-31

We don't live according to "the Law" that mandated giving a tenth of our increase. We give of what we have to help the poor, the sick, the needy, and to help fund God's purpose in this world and to support your teachers. Many ways to do that, but "a tenth" has nothing to do with any of that. We owe it all to Him, and He wants a person who gives from the heart; not from the Law.

Not tithing in accordance with the Law is not sin. It will not send you to hell.
    Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
    George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Tithing is not just about money. Tithing can include your time too (service). I don't believe God wants our money but he wants our hearts, which is why Paul suggests to give cheerfully and not out of obligation.

How many people are we talking about? NDE are extremely rare. I have heard people say different things about what they see when experiencing NDE, but never people being in hell because they did not pay tithes?

Something just doesn't sound right to me?

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    How many people are we talking about? NDE are extremely rare. I have heard people say different things about what they see when experiencing NDE, but never people being in hell because they did not pay tithes?

Something just doesn't sound right to me?
    I know of 8 instances. They are Pastor Brani Duyon, Ricardo Cid, Choo Thomas, the 7 Colombian youths, Queen Dixie, Pastor Park, Angelica Zambrano, and Pastor Yong.

Blog Entries

C'mon buster. You know better than that to start a silly thread ike that. It's like me saying I've been to hell and back and I know that I saw a room with Buster's name on it

Thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    It has come to attention that several near-death-experience people have apparently seen people in Hell for not paying their tithes. At the same time, not every single person on Earth owns and/or runs/staffs a church. There are many millions of people worldwide that merely attend church, listen to the preacher/pastor, some give offerings to the guys with the baskets, but as far as I know, none of them are church staff (pastors, priests, preachers, elders, etc). Some mass attendees only attend mass once every couple months, a few months, some only on religious holidays such as Ash Wednesday, Easter Sunday, and other similar type holidays. At the same time, even the book of Malachi in the Bible appears to command that people pay tithes.

How are mass attendees expected to pay tithes if they are not even staff of the church, and especially if they are unable to make it to church every week?
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Thread Information