cure-real
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Sacrifice is Ceased by the Antichrist?

What Sacrifice is Ceased by the Antichrist?

Ok, so I have been waiting for the signs that the tribulation was about to begin, when I started reading and watching videos by people that have done and are currently doing a lot of solid research that say we are probably in the middle of the tribulation now...or within a month or so of the 3.5 years. While, I had been a pre-trib rapture believer for years, that changed a while back, so not having been raptured yet didn't surprise me. However, what is confusing to me is this: I had understood for years that during the middle of the tribulation the Antichrist would cause the sacrifice to cease. I had always assumed that was a Jewish sacrifice. As we know, for political reasons, the Jews are unable to sacrifice. So, my 1st thought is, we cannot be mid-trib because there is no sacrifice to stop. My question? Does the sacrifice that is stopped have to be a Jewish sacrifice? If not, is any religion currently outwardly sacrificing? If not, is there any possible way we are already mid-trib?

Before anyone thinks things are not bad enough to have entered the tribulation, let me remind you that it could be a matter or who you are and where you live that makes you think things aren't bad enough. Third world countries might disagree with you. Myself...the economy wrecked my financial foundation and "an evil" lurking in my extended family caused a permanent rift...and I lost my father to a massive heart attack...all in one year. To me, things ARE bad enough.

Re: What Sacrifice is Ceased by the Antichrist?

Quote Originally Posted by Saved! View Post
    Ok, so I have been waiting for the signs that the tribulation was about to begin, when I started reading and watching videos by people that have done and are currently doing a lot of solid research that say we are probably in the middle of the tribulation now...or within a month or so of the 3.5 years. While, I had been a pre-trib rapture believer for years, that changed a while back, so not having been raptured yet didn't surprise me. However, what is confusing to me is this: I had understood for years that during the middle of the tribulation the Antichrist would cause the sacrifice to cease. I had always assumed that was a Jewish sacrifice. As we know, for political reasons, the Jews are unable to sacrifice. So, my 1st thought is, we cannot be mid-trib because there is no sacrifice to stop. My question? Does the sacrifice that is stopped have to be a Jewish sacrifice? If not, is any religion currently outwardly sacrificing? If not, is there any possible way we are already mid-trib?
    You don't see the blood sacrifice of Christ as the sacrifice that put to end all sacrifices?

Heb*7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Heb*9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb*10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
    Heb*10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
    Heb*10:7 ¶ Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
    Heb*10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
    Heb*10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
    Heb*10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved!
    What Sacrifice is Ceased by the Antichrist?
    The prophecy you're referring to, Daniel 9, was fulfilled in 167 BC.

Antiochus IV Epiphanes, the king of Seleucid Syria, desecrated the temple with an unclean sacrifice (the 'abomination of desolation') and illegalized the temple sacrifices for three and a half years.

I will look into the Antiochus IV Epihanes unclean sacrifice. Is there a particular resource that I should refer to?

RogerW, I do...but, the Jewish nation wouldn't.....I do have a lot of trouble...as do many people...separating the literal from the figurative in the end times prophecy. So, if the antichrist causes the sacrifice to end and IF the endtimes is in the future (I know there are different viewpoints) then it would make sense for me to wonder if it is a future sacrifice undertaken by a people that do not consider Christ as the last sacrifice.

Any encyclopedic source that discusses Antiochus IV Epiphanes' oppressive relationship with the Jews.

The whole series of events is described first-hand in the book 1 Maccabees (written about 130 BC), and the author consciously uses the same language Daniel does.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerW View Post
    You don't see the blood sacrifice of Christ as the sacrifice that put to end all sacrifices? Heb*7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. Heb*9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. Heb*10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: Heb*10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Heb*10:7 ¶ Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Heb*10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Heb*10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. Heb*10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
    Amen!

Luther and Calvin (and their contemporaries) understood it this way, too.

“The Prophet now subjoins, He will make to cease the sacrifice and offering for half a week. We ought to refer this to the time of the resurrection. For while Christ passed through the period of his life on earth, he did not put an end to the sacrifices; but after he had offered himself up as a victim, then all the rites of the law came to a close. ...This is the Prophet's intention when he says, Christ should cause the sacrifices to cease for half a week. ...Christ really and effectually put an end to the sacrifices of the Law...” (Lecture Fifty-Second, Commentary on Daniel - Volume 2 by John Calvin)

Gideon Jerubbaal

“For when Christ sent out the Gospel through the ministry of himself and of the Apostles, it lasted three or three and a half years, that it almost amounts to the calculation of Daniel, namely the 490 years. Hence he also says, Christ shall take a half a week, in which the daily offerings shall cease; that is, the priesthood and reign of the Jews shall have an end; which all took place in the three and a half years in which Christ preached, and was almost completed in four years after Christ, in which the Gospel prospered the most, especially in Palestine through the Apostles (that when they opened their mouth, the Holy Ghost fell as it were, from heaven, as we see in the Acts of the Apostles), so that a whole week, or seven years, established the covenant, as Daniel says; that is, the Gospel was preached to the Jews, of which we spoke before.” (Martin Luther's “Sermon for the Twenty-Fifth Sunday after Trinity; Matthew 24:15-28” from his Church Postil, first published in 1525)

Gideon Jerubbaal

RogerW, I do...but, the Jewish nation wouldn't.....I do have a lot of trouble...as do many people...separating the literal from the figurative in the end times prophecy. So, if the antichrist causes the sacrifice to end and IF the endtimes is in the future (I know there are different viewpoints) then it would make sense for me to wonder if it is a future sacrifice undertaken by a people that do not consider Christ as the last sacrifice.
    Just because the Jews did not stop making sacrifices does not mean the blood sacrifices did not end with the sacificial blood of Christ. It's not so much separating literal from figurative, but rather physical from spiritual. After the sacrifice of Christ the New Covenant in His blood was established. Any sacrifices made after the death of Christ were an abomination unto God, and made in ignorance and unbelief.

I will look into the Antiochus IV Epihanes unclean sacrifice. Is there a particular resource that I should refer to?
    You can look into Epiphanes, and the physical fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, but that will not help you to understand how the sacrificial system was done away (according to God) with the sacrifice of Christ.

Heb*7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
    Heb*7:18 For there is verily a disannulling [cancellation; put away] of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
    Heb*7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
    Heb*7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
    Heb*7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
    Heb*7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
    Heb*7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
    Heb*7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
    Heb*7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
    Heb*7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
    Heb*7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
    Heb*7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

Saved;
    I don't believe we are in the middle of the tribulation the main reason is the Anti Christ has not been revealed. Please don't think I haven't thought about it. The first three and one half years are suppose to be peaceful. There will be no war during this time. There will be peace between Israel and the Arab nations. There is no peace for Israel at the moment. Every Christian will be caught up into the heavenlies before the tribulation even starts. All Christians have all there sins forgiven Past, Present ,and Future. No sin will be imputed to them because we are no longer under the Law.We are under Grace.
    Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post

Antiochus IV Epiphanes, the king of Seleucid Syria, desecrated the temple with an unclean sacrifice (the 'abomination of desolation') and illegalized the temple sacrifices for three and a half years.
    In my opinion the Abomination of desolation is when the Anti Christ stands in the Holy of holys and declares him self to be God. Antiochus did desecrate the temple but he also tore it down in 70 AD. and though he was a type of Anti Christ he was not The Anti Christ of the end time prophecy. Not to mention the first three and one half years could not have happend then because no one had a number place on there fore heads or right hands. Not to mention Antiochus did not rule the world Rome ruled. To many prophecies left unfulfilled for this to be when the tribulation took place.
    Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post

Sorry, but I am not sure where you connect Antiochus IV with Daniel 9. He fulfills Dan 8:9-14 where the sanctuary is unclean for 2,300 days - I don't see how that equals three and a half years, unless your years are very long?! Or are you saying Antiochus IV doesn't fulfill Daniel 8? Antiochus also fulfills Daniel 11.
    Daniel 9 though isn't fulfilled by Antiochus IV, nor the fourth beast with its little horn of Daniel 7 which is the same beast as Rev 11, 13 and 17.
    Antiochus IV is like a type or shadow of the one who is to come at the end.
    No we haven't entered the start of any great tribulation - nor have we entered the time of the two witnesses, who I personally believe precede the time of great tribulation.

From what I hear Jews, at least in America, continue to sacrifice, but, the confirmation of the covenant, by the second beast, is something that may allow Israel to sacrifice as a nation once again. If it is left to be fulfilled.

Perhaps we should look for a deal to be made between Israel and the Muslims of the Arab Spring to allow the Third Temple to be allowed to be built on Temple Mount.
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    From what I hear Jews, at least in America, continue to sacrifice, but, the confirmation of the covenant, by the second beast, is something that may allow Israel to sacrifice as a nation once again. If it is left to be fulfilled.

Perhaps we should look for a deal to be made between Israel and the Muslims of the Arab Spring to allow the Third Temple to be allowed to be built on Temple Mount.
    -Jews in America or anywhere do not sacrifice, there is a process to sacrifice and none of this has been achieved..maybe there are a few sub-cults that do, i don't know. That would not be what the text is saying. Google my title name.
    -The sacrifice that the antiChrist stopped was done by the Syrian madman Antiochus IV Epiphanes.
    -I can't believe that someone thinks we are in the middle of a tribulation

Thread Information