cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More prayer

Blog Entries

More prayer

So my high school daughter was involved in a vehicle accident last year. She got rammed by a guy who tried to pass her while she made a left turn on a 2-way highway on a night that was raining cats and dogs. He got ticketed. The ticket got thrown out on a technicality (dispute over the definition of a term on the ticket). Now we got a letter this morning from a lawyer that a claim is being filed against my daughter for medical expenses for the guy's wife.

Two requests in two days from me for this prayer forum. If a tornado comes and knocks down my house tomorrow or a house where my kids are hanging out at or if the Sabeans take away my oxen or if the Chaldeans take my camels . . . I'm going to really start wondering. I'm going to wonder "when did I get oxen or camels?"
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

Re: More prayer

Praying that the Lord will completely turn this thing around, and that the threat will dwindle and fade away. Asking for special protection and graces for your family and daughter.

Have you notified your homeowners insurance and your car insurance company? They will likely provide lawyers to assist because any money paid out will be coming from them. This is a bogus suit and they know it. But they will try to settle it early on before going to trial.

In my prayers.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Hey Mark, we just got this today, so no. But our home owners and auto insurance is the same company. Obviously they are well aware of the event. We will be dropping a copy of this off to them on Monday. The Sabeans and Chaldeans haven't shown up yet if you're wondering. I also agree with your comment about the suit --- bogus. It drives me nuts that he hit my daughter while trying to pass her on a two-way highway on a night that was raining cats and dogs and his family keeps serving us with paperwork from lawyers. I have no idea how injured his wife was in the event. I pray for them. They keep serving us paper work.
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IMINXTC View Post
    Praying that the Lord will completely turn this thing around, and that the threat will dwindle and fade away. Asking for special protection and graces for your family and daughter.
    IMINXTC, thank you also for popping up in both of my prayer threads also. I will keep you updated as you asked in the other.

TG, you may consider getting a lawyer on your own and letting the folks know you'll be filing suit against them. Sometimes, folks like this will back down if they realize it will cost them something. That said, if they have nothing (i.e. poor), they may see this as a way to get "free money". Anyway, if you do get a lawyer and then threaten to sue, if the other folks have anything, it may put them in a state of mind that they are willing to back down. But most of time, cases like this are all about the insurance money. They may be quite alright with you getting paid from their insurance company and them getting paid from yours. It's a sad world we live in today. I am amazed that the ticket got thrown out!

Insurance companies settle things like this fast. They figure out how much it will cost to defend and how much it will cost to make it go away, then they go with the lower cost of the two. I've seen insurance companies pay thousands of dollars for bogus claims that they knew were bogus.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    TG, you may consider getting a lawyer on your own and letting the folks know you'll be filing suit against them. Sometimes, folks like this will back down if they realize it will cost them something. That said, if they have nothing (i.e. poor), they may see this as a way to get "free money". Anyway, if you do get a lawyer and then threaten to sue, if the other folks have anything, it may put them in a state of mind that they are willing to back down. But most of time, cases like this are all about the insurance money. They may be quite alright with you getting paid from their insurance company and them getting paid from yours. It's a sad world we live in today. I am amazed that the ticket got thrown out!

Insurance companies settle things like this fast. They figure out how much it will cost to defend and how much it will cost to make it go away, then they go with the lower cost of the two. I've seen insurance companies pay thousands of dollars for bogus claims that they knew were bogus.
    I'm thought of your first idea, Mark. My daughter is autistic. When she got the first paperwork to appear in court where the ticket got thrown out, she was traumatized quite a bit. I don't know if there was anything clinical about it. But I kept reminding her how things work. We give things to the insurance company. We go to court, tell the truth. Then we don't worry. We pray and leave it with God. If we lost and owe money, then we pay and do what we have to in order to get that done.

On Monday, we'll be talking to the lawyer that was working for us when the ticket got thrown out. We'll see what she says. She might want to do what you are suggesting.

It is a sad world. Maybe I'll call you and tell you more about the ticket so you can see the full picture and how it got thrown out. It's all been quite amazing to watch. I think they should have been thankful they got that. Going for this seems like such a ridiculous stretch. My daughter never got a ticket. He hit her while she was making a left hand turn. Really????

Prayers for you, your daughter and all those who touch the case.

If I may add a thought - just be you. Allow your love and trust in the Lord to shone through the muck that is today's legal mess. It sounds like these folks are looking for an "easy mark". They need to see first hand that a child of the King is loving but honest and steadfast and the King always looks out for His child.

This too can be used to bring glory to the Father.
    (((((HUGS)))))
    V

Blog Entries

Thanks, V. And as I said to the others, thank you for your response in both threads and your prayers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Have you notified your homeowners insurance and your car insurance company? They will likely provide lawyers to assist because any money paid out will be coming from them. This is a bogus suit and they know it. But they will try to settle it early on before going to trial.

In my prayers.
    I just want you to know that I can't offer any farther wise advise, but I am praying. This was wrong, from start to finish! It getting thrown out, it seems to me, should have been appealed to begin with.

I am praying for fast resolution. I promise.

PS- Please keep us updated!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Trusting the Lord to control the outcome . . .

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. He is in control of this situation, and difficult as it sometimes is (as I know well) to turn away from the problem to face Him, and give it to Him, trusting that the outcome whatever happens is firmly in His Hands, is the only way of Peace.

Sorry I missed this earlier. I will certainly pray for you and your family.

Please remember that Jehovah God sees everything, nothing goes unnoticed from his eyes. So despite this injustice you have to deal with along with it's process, remember that God will work things out for you and your family. When you have some free time please read Proverbs 3:3-6.
    Your family will be in my prayers.

I pray that God will take care of you and your family!

God Bless
    Blessed are those who do His commands, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, even to enter through the gates into the city. (Rev 22:14 WPNT)

Now this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded. (1John 3:23 WPNT)

Blog Entries

Thank you to all the original responses and the new comers. No new news. My wife gave the papers to the insurance company on Monday. Haven't heard from them or the bad guys since.

Thread Information