cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama "Royal" Family vacation to consume $100,000,000.00 in taxpayer money

Blog Entries

Obama "Royal" Family vacation to consume $100,000,000.00 in taxpayer money

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1 When President Obama makes his first extended trip to sub-Saharan Africa this month, the federal agencies charged with keeping him safe won’t be taking any chances.Hundreds of U.S. Secret Service agents will be dispatched to secure facilities in Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania. A Navy aircraft carrier or amphibious ship, with a fully staffed medical trauma center, will be stationed offshore in case of an emergency. Military cargo planes will airlift in 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bulletproof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. Fighter jets will fly in shifts, giving 24-hour coverage over the president’s airspace, so they can intervene quickly if an errant plane gets too close. The president and first lady had also planned to take a Tanzanian safari as part of the trip, which would have required the president’s special counterassault team to carry sniper rifles with high-caliber rounds that could neutralize cheetahs, lions or other animals if they became a threat, according to the planning document. But the White House canceled the safari Wednesday after inquiries from The Post about the trip’s purpose and expense, according to a person familiar with the decision.

Re: Obama "Royal" Family vacation to consume $100,000,000.00 in taxpayer money

Yeah my jaw dropped when I saw that. 100 million dollars? On the taxpayer?!
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Blog Entries

OK. Um...er.....

Most here know I am no fan of President Obama. I do try to respect the office of the President, as well as himself and his family as best I am able to.

$100 million....the number staggers the mind. But I find it not unresonable. Our President needs protection: and he needs to be able to have a "vacation", even if he is surrounded on all sides and cannot do anything on his own like you or I could on such a trip.

He needs protection: he deserves a vacation just like the rest of us. While we may not agree with his policies, and many of us may not like him (though how many of us know him personally), give him his due.

And I would kick in an extra buck or two if they would elect him their president while he is there....
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    OK. Um...er.....

Most here know I am no fan of President Obama. I do try to respect the office of the President, as well as himself and his family as best I am able to.

$100 million....the number staggers the mind. But I find it not unresonable. Our President needs protection: and he needs to be able to have a "vacation", even if he is surrounded on all sides and cannot do anything on his own like you or I could on such a trip.

He needs protection: he deserves a vacation just like the rest of us. While we may not agree with his policies, and many of us may not like him (though how many of us know him personally), give him his due.

And I would kick in an extra buck or two if they would elect him their president while he is there....
    If he donated the 100 million bucks of OUR money to Obama care, it would only be 3.1 times over the promised cost.

Just wow......

If it cost that much he should stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Just wow......

If it cost that much he should stay home.
    I agree!

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I'm not sure he would want to prez of any of those countries ... how many of them could afford his vaca bills?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

And through the storm yet I will praise you
    Despite it all yet I will sing
    Through good or bad yet I will worship
    You remain the same, King of Kings

You are the voice of hope; the anchor of my soul
    Where there seems to be no way, you make it possible
    You are the Prince of Peace amidst adversity
    My lips will shout for joy to you the Most High.
    "The voice of Hope" Lara Martin

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1 When President Obama makes his first extended trip to sub-Saharan Africa this month, the federal agencies charged with keeping him safe won’t be taking any chances.Hundreds of U.S. Secret Service agents will be dispatched to secure facilities in Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania. A Navy aircraft carrier or amphibious ship, with a fully staffed medical trauma center, will be stationed offshore in case of an emergency. Military cargo planes will airlift in 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bulletproof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. Fighter jets will fly in shifts, giving 24-hour coverage over the president’s airspace, so they can intervene quickly if an errant plane gets too close. The president and first lady had also planned to take a Tanzanian safari as part of the trip, which would have required the president’s special counterassault team to carry sniper rifles with high-caliber rounds that could neutralize cheetahs, lions or other animals if they became a threat, according to the planning document. But the White House canceled the safari Wednesday after inquiries from The Post about the trip’s purpose and expense, according to a person familiar with the decision.
    I guess the trips to Hawaii are getting a little too redundant.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

And through the storm yet I will praise you
    Despite it all yet I will sing
    Through good or bad yet I will worship
    You remain the same, King of Kings

You are the voice of hope; the anchor of my soul
    Where there seems to be no way, you make it possible
    You are the Prince of Peace amidst adversity
    My lips will shout for joy to you the Most High.
    "The voice of Hope" Lara Martin

Blog Entries

C'mon now, are yu saying the president isn't allowed to take a vacation? You guys!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Yeah my jaw dropped when I saw that. 100 million dollars? On the taxpayer?!
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries

WOW! That beats the heck outta Solomon and the Queen of Sheba!!!

He's the most spend happy President I've ever heard of. Always on other people's money!
    My mind is blown.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    C'mon now, are yu saying the president isn't allowed to take a vacation? You guys!!!!!
    Not at a cost of $100 million dollars to the taxpayers. During GWB's administration, after 9/11, he never took a vacation, per se, instead doing working sessions at the ranch near Crawford. Those never cost more than the price of moving Secret Service and White House communications personnel, and the occasional cabinet member shuttling in and out of Texas. That didn't cost more than about $1 million in any one such session. Tell this guy to stop living like the king he is not and do his freakin' job! Then again, he has no clue what that is.

why is everyone calling this a vacation?

Blog Entries

we wil accept obama as our president, but only if we can give you Jacob Zuma in exchange.

btw did you know that there are certain groups in South Africa who want Obama arrested and tried for war crimes as soon as he lands on south african soil?
    "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But Jehovah delivereth him out of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarkipling View Post
    why is everyone calling this a vacation?
    There is no trip for ANY purpose worth spending that much money.

This is the age of video telecommunication, and the White House surely has the best that money can buy.

Of course, it is a vacation.
    Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Commoners like us have to live within our means while the president takes a vacation that costs a tenth of a billion dollars.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Thread Information