Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

Re: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

I am happy as a pig in stink because my boys at Clemson hung another whipping on Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    Chiefs are the #2 seed: good job there. But I do admit I feel bad for the Raiders: loosing Carr like they did has crippled them beyond hope. 1 and done for 'em this season.
    Losing Carr crippled them indeed! The Raiders lost 24-6 to the Broncos. I hope that the Chiefs will be facing the Dolphins next instead of the Steelers, who gave them a beat down earlier in the season!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Losing Carr crippled them indeed! The Raiders lost 24-6 to the Broncos. I hope that the Chiefs will be facing the Dolphins next instead of the Steelers, who gave them a beat down earlier in the season!
    Dolphins are the #6 seed, so no way you will play them: if they win they go to New England as we are the #1 seed. Most likely you will face the Steelers: I do not see Miami winning there. And I think we will face the Texans because of the issues the Raiders have now with their QB position.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Dolphins are the #6 seed, so no way you will play them: if they win they go to New England as we are the #1 seed. Most likely you will face the Steelers: I do not see Miami winning there. And I think we will face the Texans because of the issues the Raiders have now with their QB position.
    Wishful thinking on my part.

I was just reading this in the Kansas City Star:

The Chiefs will play in the divisional round of the postseason on Jan. 15 against one of three teams. Their opponent will depend on the outcome of the Dolphins/Steelers contest.

If Miami wins, the Chiefs will play the winner of the Oakland-Houston game, no matter the outcome of that contest. That’s because Miami is the No. 6 seed and the top-seeded Patriots would take on the worst seed after the wild-card round. Given that the Texans are unsettled at quarterback (Tom Savage or Brock Osweiler?) and Raiders’ third-string quarterback Connor Cook had to play Sunday, neither team seems particularly strong. But you never know.

If Steelers win, Pittsburgh would be coming to Arrowhead Stadium to face the Chiefs. Pittsburgh is the No. 3 seed, so no matter who would win the Raiders/Texans game, they would be a worse seed and would take on New England, and the Steelers would face the Chiefs.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    The Dolphins beat down the Steelers in week 6
    Not sure why the Vegas odds are so bad against them. I give the fins a 40/60 chance. In any case it will be a great game.
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    The Dolphins beat down the Steelers in week 6
    Not sure why the Vegas odds are so bad against them. I give the fins a 40/60 chance. In any case it will be a great game.
    I disagree: I think Bell will run wild on them.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

I disagree: I think Bell will run wild on them.
    That's why they actually play the game
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    That's why they actually play the game
    Yep: otherwise my Pats would never have lost to the Giants....twice.
    Rich Mullins

Looks like the Chiefs will be playing the Steelers next week. At least the Chiefs will have home field advantage this time.

The Packers really gave the Giants a beat down on Sunday!

Blog Entries

And we have the Texans at the Razor Saturday night.
    Rich Mullins

My Tigers won the Natty tonight. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    My Tigers won the Natty tonight. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The 4th quarter was awesome. Clemson put 21 points on the board to get the win. A great back and forth game.

Blog Entries

That was an amazing game. If I were a betting man I would have put my money on the Crimson Tide. Good thing I'm not a betting man!

As far as the NFL goes....Kansas city, Kansas city here we come!

Looks like we escaped without any significant injuries last week. Big Ben ( as great as he's been )needs to play a bit smarter against KC's D than he has other teams lately.
    KC has some wickedly good ballhawks on their defense and turnovers could kill us. Ben and Tod Haley need to play smart and only unleash the gunslinger attack if needed. I don't think it will be needed.
    We need to feed Bell the rock as much as possible. In fact, we have two great backs and KC isn't very good against the run. There a good chance DeAngelo Williams will get quite a few snaps this game. On the other hand our D should be able to handle Spencer Ware and Tyreek Hill handily. As long as we can pound the rock for positive gains and scores and we keep consistent pressure on Alex Smith we should win this game.

I look for Le'Veon Bell, James Harrison and Ryan Shazier to have a huge impact on this game. Maybe even more than Ben and Antonio Brown.
    “For it has never yet been known to fail that one fool, when he goes astray, takes several others with him.”

Due to freezing rain moving through the Kansas Ciry area until Sunday, the Chiefs/Steelers game time has been moved up to 7:20 pm. Central Time
    Last edited by mailmandan; Jan 15th 2017 at 01:41 PM.

Blog Entries

The game doesn't start until 8:20 in my area. That put the kabosh on the party at my house since we all work and morning comes awful early. *Sigh* I'll still have a couple of people coming over and the grill fired up so it's not the end of the world.

And a Steelers win will go a long way towards making it a great night regardless!

In other news 2 turnovers by that Pats so far. That is NOT what I expected to see. I'm hoping the Texan's can pull out a win so I'm glad but still, that's a shocker right there.
    “For it has never yet been known to fail that one fool, when he goes astray, takes several others with him.”

Thread Information