Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

Blog Entries

Re: Cool Story

My Patriots won as well, 23-3. And they go to Hotlanta next Sunday night for a prime time game. Our defense played exceptionally well, and our offense is starting to click. And we should have Gronkzilla back as well.

And it was funny, but the "experts" are now saying that my PAts are the worst 3-0 team in the NFL: I wonder if they think the J-E-S-T-S are better.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    Wow...the Dolphins pull off another win! Atlanta was considered a Super Bowl contender earlier in the season so this is a big upset win for the fins. It is also the only home game they have played the last 3 weeks. Their 3-0 record is a big surprise for all of us down here is South Florida. People are started to talk about the "72" season once again but I admit it's a bit early for that
    A perfect season. Hahahahaha.

Steelers may be going for 0-16

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    A perfect season. Hahahahaha.

Steelers may be going for 0-16
    The Steelers have too much integrity to fall that far. 6-10, maybe.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

I may joke about the Steelers but the fact is they have lost a lot of good players. That first game was rough.
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

I just read this on a sports site and felt the need to share.

ĖLetís start with a special shoutout to the fans who booed Tom Brady and the offense off the field late in the first quarter. Way to show some level-headed patience and football smarts, and bravo for not appearing to be incredibly entitled at a few drives that didnít go the right way. All right!

(As is usually the case with these things, itís always just a small pocket of fans and not representative of the whole fan base or even the 68,000 in attendance. I know this, but still, you should have to sit through three seasons of having Mark Sanchez or Blaine Gabbert as your teamís quarterback as penance for booing Tom Brady. Maybe then youíll understand what an inept offense really looks like.)
    Rich Mullins

I'm with ChristianCoffee on the Patriots.

I love to watch them apply some well deserved disciplinary thrashing to all who dare cross their path.

So which team will get the honorary minion award this year?

Yes this Old dog learned a new trick today.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    I'm with ChristianCoffee on the Patriots.

I love to watch them apply some well deserved disciplinary thrashing to all who dare cross their path.

So which team will get the honorary minion award this year?

Yes this Old dog learned a new trick today.
    I have 2 teams I would like to nominate:

The Jacksonville Jaguars

The Washington Redskins
    Rich Mullins

Blog Entries

Well the Dolphins have to play you guys TWICE this year

I am hoping to at least get a split but we will probably get sweeped again.
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    Well the Dolphins have to play you guys TWICE this year

I am hoping to at least get a split but we will probably get sweeped again.
    Big game for you all Monday. Hope you do well, but not TOO well.
    Rich Mullins

0-4
    0-4
    0-4
    0-4
    0-4

Oh yeah.... We're....

0-4

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Our team is 2-2... so we're more balanced
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Our team is 2-2... so we're more balanced
    Are you a Bills fan? They beat the ratbirds today, so at least there was some good for a Steelers fan.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Are you a Bills fan?
    Yep... Go Bills!!
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

How about those Chiefs! Dexter McCluster uses an array of moves as he weaves his way to an 89-yard punt return for a touchdown in the third quarter. Chiefs beat Giants 31-7. Giants now 0-4 for the first time since 1987. The Kansas City Chiefs have started 4-0 only twice in franchise history (1996, 2003) ... now make that three times.

Blog Entries

4-0: Impressive win last night against the Falcons. However:

1) We may have lost Big Vince for the season. Devastating blow for our defense.

2) The Zebras need....well......help.

3) I guess Instant Replay does not work in Atlanta.

4) Bad, bad hit on Aaron Dobson: no information yet on what happened to him.

5) Our other CB, Dennard, was injured on the second to last play.

6) Talib has been a MONSTER for us.

7) O-Line was strong, D-Line did well in Big Vinces absence.

8) Huge game next Sunday afternoon, but a bigger game for us tonight: can the Saints "Squish the Fish"?
    Rich Mullins

Thread Information