Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

Blog Entries

Re: Cool Story

I have to admit that I am a football junkie. And I just found this amazingly humerus story from the website FanSided. Here is the link to it: the title is "NFL Week 4 Recap: Written by a Depressed Jaguars Fan"

http://lightlybuzzed.com/2013/09/30/...ssed-jags-fan/

And here is part of it, just for ChangedByHim:

Vikings and Steelers
    The Vikings and Steelers were so bad they were banished to Europe to slap fight this thing out. Well it looks like Samantha Ponderís husband (who didnít play) wins this round with Big Ben. I assume Big Ben (the QB) went to Big Ben (the clock) and took a hilarious picture to make his new Facebook profile pic. So donít worry Steelers fans, the trip wasnít a total loss.

Oh, Steelers youíre 0-4? Big deal, at least you won in the past. The closest Iíve ever gotten to success was watching my team end Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnsonís careers.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

The Dolphins get stunned and stomped by the Saints. I suspect it's a prelude to another one this weekend against the Ravens.
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Well the Pats got disciplined. They deserved it too. Played awful and I should know I'm a quarterback in my nice comfortable armchair.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

The Chiefs did it again! 5-0.

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles (25) celebrates after scoring a touchdown against the Tennessee Titans on a 1-yard run in the fourth quarter...

Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos remained undefeated by pulling out a 51-48 road win against the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth-highest scoring game in National Football League history. Now that was a great game!

I was very impressed with the Cowboys! They fought the good fight all the way to the end.

Blog Entries

meanwhile...in other news.

The dolphins fall again in a close call white knuckle game
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Blog Entries

And just as TB12 and the Patriots were finding their rhythm, a monsoon decided to arrive in the 4th quarter of the Bengals game. Fate dictated that Brady would suddenly resemble Ryan Leaf and Mark Sanchez who had been mixed in a beeker and poured out on the field. In the end, my Patriots lost 13-6, and TB12 had his consecutive TD pass streak ended by the same team that ended Drew Brees streak.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    And just as TB12 and the Patriots were finding their rhythm, a monsoon decided to arrive in the 4th quarter of the Bengals game. Fate dictated that Brady would suddenly resemble Ryan Leaf and Mark Sanchez who had been mixed in a beeker and poured out on the field. In the end, my Patriots lost 13-6, and TB12 had his consecutive TD pass streak ended by the same team that ended Drew Brees streak.
    The "rhythm" may have had more to do with a prevent defense that anything else. Regardless, it was a little late to be finding it. I was pulling for the Pats since the Bengal are a division rival of the Steelers. The Pats offense looked awful. Very surprising. The long catch and run by Dobson is about all they did all day.

Re: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

This is shaping up to be another Who Dat versus Peyton Manning Super Bowl

Advantage?

Saints
    I didnt know the link didnt work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Realist1981 View Post
    This is shaping up to be another Who Dat versus Peyton Manning Super Bowl

Advantage?

Saints
    Maybe Who Dat vs. Patriots Super Bowl....though I am not sure that my Patriots can survive all these injuries they have now.

Everyone knows Payton is the king of the regular season, and folds like a cheap tent in the playoffs.
    Rich Mullins

The Chiefs did it again! 6-0. Buoyed by the loudest crowd to attend an outdoor sporting event, the unbeaten Chiefs took advantage of three second-half interceptions thrown by Terrelle Pryor to pull away for a 24-7 victory Sunday. The Chiefs broke the Seahawks record for having the loudest stadium on Sunday when they hit 137.5 decibels against the Raiders.

The Chiefs had me worried this time, but they did it again! 7-0.

Chiefs hold on to beat banged-up Texans 17-16.

The Steelers are two games in on their 12-game winning streak!

Blog Entries

My undermanned Patriots lost to the hated Jets yesterday. If we lose any more starters, will we even be able to field a football team?
    Rich Mullins

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    My undermanned Patriots lost to the hated Jets yesterday. If we lose any more starters, will we even be able to field a football team?
    Stop whining! Injuries happen to every team. At least Tom is still upright.

Thread Information