Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

Re: Ok...it's that time again. FOOTBALL SEASON!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I just heard that the Giants are sitting Eli...

How does that make any kind of sense whatsoever?
    Seems insane. Eli hasn't missed a game since November 2004. It's a very impressive streak. And they'll break it so that they can start Geno Smith? A journeyman QB of no great skill? Over a 2-time superbowl MVP? Going over terribly with fans here, let me tell you. Giants have no offensive line and all the good receivers are injured, so manager benches the QB? Huh?!!
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    ... Giants have no offensive line so manager benches the QB? Huh?!!
    Protecting him from injury because the offensive line is not there?

Realizes the season is over for them already and begins letting the less experienced get needed experience in prep for next year?

IDK do they think ahead like this?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Protecting him from injury because the offensive line is not there?
    This isn't a new situation. He's played with no O line for years. Why is his safety suddenly at risk?
    Realizes the season is over for them already and begins letting the less experienced get needed experience in prep for next year?
    Ah. So the Giants have three quarterbacks. Eli is the star, of course. Hasn't missed a game since November 2004. Won 2 superbowls and was voted MVP for each. Potential hall of famer stats. Geno Smith is the backup. He's not very young, and he's also not very good. Then there's the rookie, Davis Webb.

So if they bench Eli, they should start the rookie. Let's see what he has, get him some play time. But no, they're starting Geno Smith. We know what he has, he played for the Jets for 4 years and wasn't very good. So why? Why.....?!!!!!!!!!!
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

It is insane and it doesn't help in any way possible.

They insultingly offered to let Eli start every game and then sit him and he said "No way. If I play I play the whole game or I don't play." No shenanigans for him and I respect him for that.
    The speculation is that they are starting Geno just to give Webb first team practice reps so he can start the Dallas game. But they wouldn't have to bench Eli and start Geno to do that.
    More speculation is...gah. It doesn't matter.

I tell you what, if Big Ben announces he's retiring next year and actually does it I'd take Eli for the Steelers in a heart beat. Behind our offensive line and with the talent we have at WR and RB? He'd be a monster!
    Of course Big Ben is my favorite QB and who I want as long as he wants to play. He's earned it and can still get the job done just fine. I got the feeling that if somehow we do make it to the big dance and bring home another Lombardi Ben will say good enough I'm out. And he'll have earned the right to do that too.
    God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Blog Entries

And Brady keeps playing as the best QB in the NFL: sad to see this happen to Eli, and I think he will be traded/released after this season.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

I tell you what, if Big Ben announces he's retiring next year and actually does it I'd take Eli for the Steelers in a heart beat. Behind our offensive line and with the talent we have at WR and RB? He'd be a monster!
    Lots of teams would be happy with him. Just not Mcadoo. Tell you what, I've been watching Eli so long, I'm more an Eli fan than a Giants fan. If he goes to another team I'd start rooting for them. Giants have no loyalty and no class.

Isaiah 54

It was totally worth it to break Eli's streak of consecutive starts going back to November 2004 in order to play Geno Smith yesterday. Not. And he lost.

Isaiah 54

McAdoo fired. Bye bye.......

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

And Jerry Reese is gone too. Wow, they really are cleaning house.

On the other hand my Steelers are taking on the Bungles tonight. Should be a good game we win. 10 - 2 here we come baby!
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

About time. The Giants front office hasn't done anything to help the present situation.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

In case anyone missed it my Steelers played the Bungles on Monday Night Football. What happened?

Actually that was after we killed their playoff hopes last year but...you know...same same. Stick a fork in 'em. They're done.

What's this? There's no crying in football!

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

There was on that day my friend. The tears, they were copious.

There was on that day my friend. The tears, they were copious.
    I shed a couple for Ryan Shazier on Monday night

Blog Entries

He suffered a very bad injury and may never walk right again let alone play football. It's a rough sport no doubt.

Thread Information