• NO

1 25.00%
  • NOT SURE

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does God drink and eat

Does God drink and eat

God Eats and drinks

My fellow Chritians this poll is not for argument please. I know some may say this is a foolish question but in my book there

is no foolish question .

I therefore will like to know whats your thought on if God eats and drink. thanks

As for me i believe He does eat and drink

Blog Entries

Re: Does God drink and eat

Jesus is God
    Jesus eats
    Jesus drinks

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Jesus is God
    Jesus eats
    Jesus drinks
    GOD THE FATHER ?

Blog Entries

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. (Mt. 9:10)

"I and the Father are one." (Jn. 10:30)

GOD THE FATHER?
    I don't understand the point of the question, I guess. Jesus is God incarnate. Asking if the Father eats/ate on His own defeats the question.
    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.
    The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Ph 4

Blog Entries

I voted unsure. I don't believe we have any frame of reference as to whether or not the self-existent Creator eats or drinks.
    What we can be sure of, is that He does not need to eat or drink.

Jesus and the Father are one in spirit. As the manifest image of divinity, Jesus Christ(God the Son) walked this earth in the flesh. He hungered, and so He ate.

God bless.

He probably eats for enjoyment. But he doesn't eat like we eat to survive.

Now, since Jesus is God and he said verbatim that he and the Father are one, it proves the point that God does eat and drink.
    My favorite quotes from my favorite people

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me - Batman/Batman Begins"

"You got to learn to love yourself" - Grandma

"I am, who I am; deal with it." - Me

"I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me" - Jesus Christ

"Whatever" - Mama

"Ugh!!!!" - Baby Sister

Blog Entries

One of the names of God is the "self existent one". He needs nothing in order to exist, otherwise that would imply that there is some external provider/source able to assist him in his survival!

Everything that possibly exists first flows out from God. Therefore any feeding would merely imply a re-ingestion of the abundance that is already within him.

Jesus is also man. It was as man that he walked on earth, therefore his bodily needs were exactly the same as you or I.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Jesus is God
    Jesus eats
    Jesus drinks
    God the Father is a spirit not Jesus

John 4
    22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade99 View Post

Now, since Jesus is God and he said verbatim that he and the Father are one, it proves the point that God does eat and drink.
    I do believe He does eat for enjoyment but not to survive hmmm What do you mean Jesus and God is one.? i understand that God is separated from Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Drake View Post
    One of the names of God is the "self existent one". He needs nothing in order to exist, otherwise that would imply that there is some external provider/source able to assist him in his survival!

Everything that possibly exists first flows out from God. Therefore any feeding would merely imply a re-ingestion of the abundance that is already within him.

Jesus is also man. It was as man that he walked on earth, therefore his bodily needs were exactly the same as you or I.
    i never ask if God needs to eat to survive but He does eat

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. (Mt. 9:10)

"I and the Father are one." (Jn. 10:30)

I don't understand the point of the question, I guess. Jesus is God incarnate. Asking if the Father eats/ate on His own defeats the question.
    God the Father is a Spirit not Jesus so Jesus did eat but does The Father eat because He is a Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Jade99 View Post

Does Jesus eat in Heaven now ? remember God the Father is a Spirit not Jesus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ISRAEL View Post
    GOD THE FATHER ?
    Shema Yisra'el Adonai Elohienu Adonai Echad

I don't practice polytheism

Quote Originally Posted by ISRAEL View Post
    I do believe He does eat for enjoyment but not to survive hmmm What do you mean Jesus and God is one.? i understand that God is separated from Jesus

If you believe that he eats for enjoyment, why are you asking these types of questions? Personally, I don't think it matters if he eats or not, because it's not our concern.

Check out John 10:30 (which was actually stated in another post before mine)
    My favorite quotes from my favorite people

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me - Batman/Batman Begins"

"You got to learn to love yourself" - Grandma

"I am, who I am; deal with it." - Me

"I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me" - Jesus Christ

"Whatever" - Mama

"Ugh!!!!" - Baby Sister

Nope. i don't think He eats. imagine God --- the creator of all universe -- sitted feasting on a big mac.. nope i don't think He feeds on anything

Thread Information