cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Satan's Hierarchy

Satan's Hierarchy

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12 NKJV)

Which is greater in rank? Are wicked spirits in heavenly places and rulers of darkness over principalities and powers or the other way around?

Re: Satan's Hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12 NKJV)

Which is greater in rank? Are wicked spirits in heavenly places and rulers of darkness over principalities and powers or the other way around?
    They are the same but have different ranks. There are principalities over parts of cities, entire cities, states and countries...so the rank comes with the wider influence. The political divisions we have in governments represent what the principalities in darkness hold sway over.

In our city there are 10 or so districts...but all under the sway of the mayor. So it is with the governing squatters in the heavenly places. We need to take a city one district at a time...by bringing down the presence of God. We are to occupy the place of the principalities until the Lord returns or persecution puts an end to the rule of the saints.

Blog Entries

i really don't mean to sound mean or hateful, but I'm wondering what difference does it make at all, ChangedByHim?

We have all the weapons and armour that we need to combat and defeat them either way. Honestly, I could care less about what kind of 'govenment' and the way it's run by ranks from the enemy.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

It's important because if the enemy knows you better than you know your enemy, then you're in a bad spot. An army going to war not knowing their enemy or the territory, would end in disaster for the pursuing army.

In regards to the OP, the wickedness in heavenly places is probably where the so called 'white house' would be and in that sense would hold the highest ranks of demons. Fortunately as DD has pointed out, we do have the armor of God to put on and do battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    i really don't mean to sound mean or hateful, but I'm wondering what difference does it make at all, ChangedByHim?

We have all the weapons and armour that we need to combat and defeat them either way. Honestly, I could care less about what kind of 'govenment' and the way it's run by ranks from the enemy.
    Just wondering how much of the enemy have you defeated, and how much territory have you taken from him? Care to enlighten us about your battle campaign?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Drake View Post
    Just wondering how much of the enemy have you defeated, and how much territory have you taken from him? Care to enlighten us about your battle campaign?
    Fought against minor battalions of demons today, and took down an officer trying to escape. Thought I was done for but received reinforcements from a captain in Michael's 45th. Gained multiple territories in Tampa Bay and assigned some angelic regiments to the area. Don't expect a reactionary force for some time. Thanks for asking!

2Lt. Aviyah B. Carter
    DPA/STF-501
    1993-Present

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Drake View Post
    You mean, you don't believe that Christ has already defeated the enemy? The only way he can truly harm us is if we fall for his deceit or his lies. We have the power of the name of Jesus and the same power that raised Christ from the dead that dwells in us. I don't claim to have any great 'deliverance ministry' or any such great accomplishment. I never desired to make a name for myself.

What I do know is that I see things I can (and have done) for years and years that others may not even know about. For example, I have 4 children, all wonderful Christians and so are their husbands/wives and all active in their churches and the work fo the Kingdom. All my 7 grandchildren are saved and 2 of them are in the ministry! The ONLY ones in our family who are not Christians are my 3 little great-grandchildren, the oldest being barely six years old. They are not old enough yet to become a Christian. But they will. We've all already been praying for them and they have living, breathing, walking, talking examples in their parents and grandparents who understand putting on the whole armour of God.

Also, if you look in the articles section, I have some true stories there about people the Lord sent to cross our path. Our home, even with a large family, was often about as busy with people under our roof as animals at an animal shelter.

Now, your turn to tall me about your battle campaign.................

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    It's important because if the enemy knows you better than you know your enemy, then you're in a bad spot. An army going to war not knowing their enemy or the territory, would end in disaster for the pursuing army.

In regards to the OP, the wickedness in heavenly places is probably where the so called 'white house' would be and in that sense would hold the highest ranks of demons. Fortunately as DD has pointed out, we do have the armor of God to put on and do battle.
    I've always operated under the same belief re the ranking, but I read a book recently that said Principalities and Powers were the highest rank. It just made me take a second look and was wondering what others thought.

Blog Entries

I've always operated under the same belief re the ranking, but I read a book recently that said Principalities and Powers were the highest rank. It just made me take a second look and was wondering what others thought.
    I think Satan promised his followers authority in the rebellion, and when they lost, he just gave them that same authority in "his kingdom". Whatever archangels fell with Satan are probably the chiefs under him. But it doesn't seem to matter to God because their leader can be defeated simply by knowing Scripture.

But yeah, I'd say there is a ranking system on both sides. Angels seem to have been created with that idea "programmed" into them. Or maybe angels such as Michael earned their ranks, I don't know, but it's definitely something they operate on.

The difference is, I think Satan wants us to know more about his army than God's. None of the loyal angels seem concerned with whether or not humans are aware of their ranks. I don't think they ever address themselves by rank, only by other angels (ex. the unnamed angel in Daniel addresses Michael as "one of the chief princes" but I'm not aware of Michael saying this about himself.)

Are principalities ruled over even if they are rulers themselves? They control a smaller region, right?

Do you think principalities might be more powerful because of their greater influence? They would be closer and more directly involved?

The difference it makes is that we're dealing with an enemy that is the god of this world. Below is a Q&A on the question.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-god-world.html

Question: "How is Satan god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?"

Answer: The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age”) indicates that Satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satan’s capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed Satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says Satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows Satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the world—philosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satan’s philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

An example of one such false philosophy is the belief that man can earn God's favor by a certain act or acts. In almost every false religion, meriting God’s favor or earning eternal life is a predominant theme. Earning salvation by works, however, is contrary to biblical revelation. Man cannot work to earn God's favor; eternal life is a free gift (see Ephesians 2:8-9). And that free gift is available through Jesus Christ and Him alone (John 3:16; 14:6). You may ask why mankind does not simply receive the free gift of salvation (John 1:12). The answer is that Satan—the god of this world—has tempted mankind to follow his pride instead. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived. It is no wonder that Scripture calls Satan a liar (John 8:44).
    I know what I know
    I know what I don't know
    I don't know what I don't know.

You mean, you don't believe that Christ has already defeated the enemy? The only way he can truly harm us is if we fall for his deceit or his lies. We have the power of the name of Jesus and the same power that raised Christ from the dead that dwells in us. I don't claim to have any great 'deliverance ministry' or any such great accomplishment. I never desired to make a name for myself.

What I do know is that I see things I can (and have done) for years and years that others may not even know about. For example, I have 4 children, all wonderful Christians and so are their husbands/wives and all active in their churches and the work fo the Kingdom. All my 7 grandchildren are saved and 2 of them are in the ministry! The ONLY ones in our family who are not Christians are my 3 little great-grandchildren, the oldest being barely six years old. They are not old enough yet to become a Christian. But they will. We've all already been praying for them and they have living, breathing, walking, talking examples in their parents and grandparents who understand putting on the whole armour of God.

Also, if you look in the articles section, I have some true stories there about people the Lord sent to cross our path. Our home, even with a large family, was often about as busy with people under our roof as animals at an animal shelter.

Now, your turn to tall me about your battle campaign.................
    Hi Diggin. I agree with you. Scripture doesn't record that Jesus was that much concerned about their ranks He just dealt with the ones that crossed His path regardless. Nor did He go seeking them out on a demon hunt of some kind. Just the same with us we only need to be concerned with what the Lord allows our path to cross knowing that He has given us what we need for every situation if we look to Him as our source and not use His name as a formula as the seven sons of Sceva did (Acts 19:13-16).

BTW; I am glad to see you post again. Been praying for you. I hope you are well.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

And through the storm yet I will praise you
    Despite it all yet I will sing
    Through good or bad yet I will worship
    You remain the same, King of Kings

You are the voice of hope; the anchor of my soul
    Where there seems to be no way, you make it possible
    You are the Prince of Peace amidst adversity
    My lips will shout for joy to you the Most High.
    "The voice of Hope" Lara Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    Hi Diggin. I agree with you. Scripture doesn't record that Jesus was that much concerned about their ranks He just dealt with the ones that crossed His path regardless. Nor did He go seeking them out on a demon hunt of some kind. Just the same with us we only need to be concerned with what the Lord allows our path to cross knowing that He has given us what we need for every situation if we look to Him as our source and not use His name as a formula as the seven sons of Sceva did (Acts 19:13-16).

BTW; I am glad to see you post again. Been praying for you. I hope you are well.
    I'm not on a demon hunt. But the Holy Spirit thought it was important enough to inspire Paul to record the different levels. As good students, shouldn't we seek understanding of all of God's Word?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post

Thank you, friend. I have a bad back from a near fatal wreck I was in back in 2001. I had 3 broken vertebrae in my back and wore a body brace for a LONG TIME..Then still had back surgery again back in 2003 or 2004. The middle of Sept, I hurt my back again really bad. I tend to 'pet' my back and haven't had any problems since at least 2004. But I was having a colonscopy the middle of Sept. and started throwing up violently from the laxative prep the evening before. I know when it did a number on my back.

But, day by day, it got worse. I also was staying very nauseated. Couldn't keep down food or anything to drink. I ended up in the hospital from dehydration and my Potassium had dropped dangerously low. They were filling me with fluids, potassium, nausea meds and pain meds.

The surgeon, in trying to avoid surgery again, had me go to the hospital last Tuesday for an injection into 2 nerves in my back. This is something new, not like i'd had in epidurals in the past. But it has helped. I'm not hurting through to my stomach and down my leg to my knee any more, and I'm NOT nauseated any more, thank God. I was just too sick to be on here and so WEAK. I've worn my children out, by them coming here so much doing everything for me. So I am really glad to be able to concentrate and be back on here. FINALLY.

Thank you again for noticing my absence, friend. It means a lot to me.

I'm not on a demon hunt.
    My apologies; I didn't mean it that way. Poor wording on my part. I just meant that Jesus didn't go out of His looking for them nor did it seem to matter to Him whether a demon had a particular level of authority and perhaps neither should we.

But the Holy Spirit thought it was important enough to inspire Paul to record the different levels.
    Do you know he is talking about different levels or are you assuming that what he is talking about because that is what you have been taught to believe? Perhaps Paul recording what we think as being different levels actually could be different descriptions of the same thing for example in Rev. 20:2 "And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;" four different titles or names but all describing the same person. Could those "levels" simply be Paul giving various descriptions of the same things? Is there anything in what Paul says that would argue against this idea?

Or they could be the same levels but different departments of the enemy’s ranks. Such as when he describes the things that would try to separate us from the love of God in Christ (Rom. 8). Different things but the same effort to separate us or make us believe that is the result.

Regardless of which level or description (etc.) the solution is the same Eph. 6:11 “Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.”

True that in Daniel there are mention of "Princes" but he only mentions princes not any of the princes subordinates (except for the human people; would the people be the subordinates?). It may be logical to assume they have different ranks (I would be surprised if they didn't) but as far as what Paul is saying in his description it doesn’t give specific indication that it is about levels. Only about how we stand against and resist the devil and stand firm.

As good students, shouldn't we seek understanding of all of God's Word?
    That depends; what is the context? What was Paul’s intent for including the information and what is your understanding of the intent and main purpose of that section of scripture? Do we concentrate on knowing the details of the enemy or do we focus on the intent of the passage and learn to defeat it regardless of how it comes to us. Is Paul wanting us to know the details of the enemy or the specifics about how all of them are defeated regardless of their level or rank? There is far more about how to defeat the enemy than about the enemy himself in that section. If you believe the passage is really about the ranking of the demon world then by all means study it that way but if you believe Paul’s purpose of including it is to focused more about how to defeat it (regardless of what "rank" it is) then focus on that.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

And through the storm yet I will praise you
    Despite it all yet I will sing
    Through good or bad yet I will worship
    You remain the same, King of Kings

You are the voice of hope; the anchor of my soul
    Where there seems to be no way, you make it possible
    You are the Prince of Peace amidst adversity
    My lips will shout for joy to you the Most High.
    "The voice of Hope" Lara Martin

Thread Information