cure-real

Thread: Conservatives FIRED by FCC Push Called "localism".

Conservatives FIRED by FCC Push Called "localism".

I smell a rat. Is free speech officially outlawed?

Quinn and Rose
    was a syndicated conservative talk radio program hosted by Jim Quinn and Rose Somma Tennent. It was formerly broadcast during morning drive time from 6 A.M. to 9 A.M. and syndicated through Clear Channel Communications from flagship station WPGB.
    The series was abruptly canceled after the November 15, 2013 broadcast, with Clear Channel citing an inability to reach a contract extension and the show's affiliates claiming the duo was fired. Clear Channel replaced the show with WWVA's The Bloomdaddy Experience on most of the show's affiliates.[1]
    The program was designed to appeal to political conservatives. Quinn exposes liberals, the IRS, big government, radical environmentalists, the bias of the mainstream media, and outspoken Hollywood actors. He promotes issues such as the right to bear arms, the FairTax, Christian values, alternative media, and the military. Issues Quinn discusses from a conservative point of view include U.S. domestic politics, world affairs, science, economics, and social issues. Rose predominantly takes stances on issues concerning her spiritual faith with regards to politics, religion, family
    values, social problems, and education. They were fired as part of the FCC push called "localism".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War...Quinn_and_Rose

“It is with a heavy heart that WYSL advises [that] Jim Quinn and Rose Tennent were abruptly fired by their flagship station, WPGB Pittsburgh, over the weekend of November 16/17,” began a statement posted prominently on the Rochester station’s website. WYSL received email notice of this termination literally 10 minutes before their scheduled Monday morning broadcast. The result was a chaotic relay broadcast of a morning show from Clear Channel’s AM station in Wheeling, W.Va. We’re sorry for the confused mishmash that resulted on our air. Although this situation is beyond our control, WYSL apologizes for the sudden cessation of this very popular morning show. …”
    Clear Channel in Pittsburgh did not respond to a request for comment on the WYSL statement.
    Another Clear Channel talent, David Bloomquist, will host mornings on WPGB from 6-10 a.m., effective immediately. A former sports and morning news anchor on West Virginia television, Mr. Bloomquist, known as “Bloomdaddy,” broadcasts from WWVA 1170 AM in Wheeling, W.Va. The program also is available on Parkersburg’s WLTP, 910 AM.
    By mid-morning, all mention of Mr. Quinn and Ms. Tennent had been removed from the WPGB website. But their names were all over social media as fans took to Twitter and Facebook to protest.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-ra...#ixzz2lPVNlY3a

Re: Conservatives FIRED by FCC Push Called "localism".

Not following you here, what gives you the impression that the FCC had anything to do with this outside of a citationless claim on Wikipedia?

Blog Entries

Reminds me of the Soviet Union.

Is democracy in the USA degenerating into totalitarianism?

Punim,
    Just going by what was reported.
    A business wouldn't make a stupid decision like this when they were making them big money. They were good and had a large audience.
    According to the Post Gazette they aren't allowed to talk because of their contract.
    Contracts are made to be contested, and any contract that takes away freedom of speech isn't legal.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymuldare View Post
    Punim, Just going by what was reported. A business wouldn't make a stupid decision like this when they were making them big money. They were good and had a large audience. According to the Post Gazette they aren't allowed to talk because of their contract. Contracts are made to be contested, and any contract that takes away freedom of speech isn't legal.
    ah, I see, yes just going on what is reported, okay. I dont think that non disclosure agreements are illegal, but hey what do I know or care.

Well Punim,
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell me you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymuldare View Post
    Well Punim, Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell me you don't care.
    you're right6. I apologize that was rude of me, I was just frustrated sorry.

Blog Entries

And I would think carrying water for the 0bama administration would be frustrating.

well, at least tiring....

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    And I would think carrying water for the 0bama administration would be frustrating. well, at least tiring....
    I'm not all that familiar with this term "carrying water", but I guess from the context you mean that going around defending the Obama administration is frustrating or tiresome. Well, you are right it is. disagreeing in general is tiresome...I'm tired.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aliester Punim View Post
    I'm not all that familiar with this term "carrying water", but I guess from the context you mean that going around defending the Obama administration is frustrating or tiresome. Well, you are right it is. disagreeing in general is tiresome...I'm tired.
    Wisdom calls. Get some rest.

Thread Information