cure-real
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three Events Happen April 2014

Re: Three Events Happen April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Karaite View Post
    If this all does not happen in 2014 Bunny-will you be willing to sit down and and study the bible with me?
    I don't think anyone (that I saw) are making any predictions, including myself, but just speculating as to what the eclipses may mean, thus trying to make sense out of them. Whether anything happens or not, the eclipses will come on schedule whether something happens or not. Short of actual or precise predictions, it is not unscriptural to take this interest as the bible teaches,

1) Blood moons (and darkening sun) in the bible sometimes mean something according to prophecy and
    2) Israel uses God's calendar, or perhaps a modified derivative thereof, to at least keep the feasts going and remembered, something that without the Jew the world would have long ago forgotten in favor of other calendars, namely, Gregorian solar.

The "set times" of the Lord is using the sun, moon and stars like giant clock hands. When they are in such-and-such a postion, there is a feast. We don't find it odd if we make appointments, such as a doctor's appointment. Maybe a kid notices each time he gets sick, when the clock hands are facing upward, he goes to the doctor (say, near lunchtime). He gets sick again, but this time the parent may schedule it for another time, but the kid has every right to associate and speculate what may happen when the clock hands are upward, the same way with tetrads as based on the past.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    Why would any of them be a sign for Israel except the last one if they aren't even visible to the middle east area? This "4 blood moon" theory just keeps falling apart and I call shenanigans.
    Well, it would be a sign to Israel, if we know who Israel is. The little nation in the middle east is just part of Israel, mainly of the tribe of Judah, as most Jews are. I subscribe to the lost house of Israel (the other 10 tribes) belief which according to prophecy they would resettle and become other Gentile nations, just as Joseph was separated from his brethren and they did not recognize him but thought he was an Egyptian (Gentile). The northern house of Israel never en masse returned to the land of Israel after the Assyrian captivity. But if scripture is true, they are somewhere today, and must be rejoined yet in the future (the two sticks of Ezekiel 37) to their brethern, the Jews, and go back to the land again. So, when prophecy punishes "Israel", depending on the context, I do not always believe the prophecy is to the Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by tim_from_pa View Post
    I don't think anyone (that I saw) are making any predictions, including myself, but just speculating as to what the eclipses may mean, thus trying to make sense out of them. Whether anything happens or not, the eclipses will come on schedule whether something happens or not. Short of actual or precise predictions, it is not unscriptural to take this interest as the bible teaches,
    -how can you make sense of something by speculating on them? The problem lies with Christians taking the easy way out and taking the bait of sensational teachers out to make a quick buck

1) Blood moons (and darkening sun) in the bible sometimes mean something according to prophecy and
    2) Israel uses God's calendar, or perhaps a modified derivative thereof, to at least keep the feasts going and remembered, something that without the Jew the world would have long ago forgotten in favor of other calendars, namely, Gregorian solar.
    -The blood moon and darkening sun has nothing to do with calenders-it has to do with the terms of the Mosaic Covenant-the only way to understand the covenant is not with extra biblical books, but by studying the Torah itself

The "set times" of the Lord is using the sun, moon and stars like giant clock hands. When they are in such-and-such a postion, there is a feast. We don't find it odd if we make appointments, such as a doctor's appointment. Maybe a kid notices each time he gets sick, when the clock hands are facing upward, he goes to the doctor (say, near lunchtime). He gets sick again, but this time the parent may schedule it for another time, but the kid has every right to associate and speculate what may happen when the clock hands are upward, the same way with tetrads as based on the past.
    -This again has nothing to do with the sun dark like sackcloth,the moon red and the sky rolling up like a scroll..this is to do with the mosaic Covenant (which by the way is fulfilled in Messiah)

karaite,

Watch therefore is a commandment from Jesus.

Matthew 25
    Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
    5 While the bridegroom tarried, thy all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh, go ye out to meet him.
    7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 and the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
    9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
    10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
    11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
    12 But he answered, and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. The fig tree has budded, the desert blooms, the woman has returned from the wilderness, the time of the gentiles has been fulfilled, Ezekiel's bones have flesh and blood on them, and God is preparing to move on Israel's behalf.

Ezekiel 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
    37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the mist of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them --- for evermore.

karaite, as a "Jew" you should know this has not happened yet.

I subscribe to the lost house of Israel (the other 10 tribes) belief which according to prophecy they would resettle and become other Gentile nations, just as Joseph was separated from his brethren and they did not recognize him but thought he was an Egyptian (Gentile). The northern house of Israel never en masse returned to the land of Israel after the Assyrian captivity.

If they 10 northern tribes were 'lost' as you say above, then who are the members of these tribes represented below written about by Ezra, after the return from Assyrian/Babylonian captivity:

Ezra 6:16 And the children of Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the rest of the children of the captivity, kept the dedication of this house of God with joy. And offered at the dedication of this house of God an hundred bullocks, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs; and for a sin offering for all Israel, twelve he goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel. And they set the priests in their divisions, and the Levites in their courses, for the service of God, which is at Jerusalem; as it is written in the book of Moses. And the children of the captivity kept the passover upon the fourteenth day of the first month. For the priests and the Levites were purified together, all of them were pure, and killed the passover for all the children of the captivity, and for their brethren the priests, and for themselves. And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat

Ezra 8:35 "Also the children of those that had been carried away, which were come out of the captivity, offered burnt offerings unto the God of Israel, twelve bullocks for all Israel, ninety and six rams, seventy and seven lambs, twelve he goats for a sin offering: all this was a burnt offering unto the LORD."

Also which 2 tribes do you keep (not among the '10 lost')? Judah and Levi, or Judah and Benjamin, or some other combination?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymuldare View Post

Ezekiel 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
    37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the mist of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them --- for evermore.

karaite, as a "Jew" you should know this has not happened yet.

Ezekiel 37:26 (I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the mist of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.) has already been fulfilled.

Jesus said, "For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Matthew 26:28

Hebrews confirmed,

13:20 "our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant"

"9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building"

And as II Corinthians confirmed: "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

The only people that should think that Ezekiel 37:26-27 has not happened, are non-Christians.

Hi Dave,

Or like John 14:17?
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

I am a born again Christian, and if I am understanding correctly, you are filled with the "Spirit of Truth" too.

As for Ezekiel, this is not to be spiritualized because it says in verse 25:
    And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. Done, fulfilled.

And speaking of "that land", the next 2 chapters talk about the nations that try to come against Israel once they are dwelling safely in their own land. Ezekiel 39:25-29 says:
    Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name; 26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
    28 THEN shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. 29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

I take this prophecy as literally as the 300 plus prophecies that have already been fulfilled. The new testament confirms it. Romans 11:30:
    For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This part hasn't happened yet. Maybe soon, maybe very soon!

Romans 11:30:
    For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This part hasn't happened yet. Maybe soon, maybe very soon!
    Romans 11:30 has been in the process of being fulfilled for the last 2000 years. I'm not awaiting it, when Christ the deliverer comes, then all will be saved; there will be no more after that.

As Romans 11:17 tells us, both the believing natural and believing wild branches are all being grafted in together.....and this process continues until the deliverer comes out of Zion. As Isaiah also foretold:

Isaiah 24:23 "Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

David,

Psalm 14:7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Ezekiel 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. 29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

And when does this happen?

Ezekiel 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations

God is going to move in a mighty way, and everyone is going to know it was Him. It will be awesome.

Bunny,
    The passages you supplied are about the first exile-lets look into the context a little more clearly.
    Ezekiel in chapters 34-39 gets visions just before the word reaches the captives that Jerusalem had fallen
    1.Why would these visions not be for the faithful in exile in Babylon, it makes the text seem a bit odd, talking above and beyond the target audience.
    God raised prophets for specific situations the faithful were facing, if it were about a 21 century Covenant Israel then he would have raised prophets up before and during this happening. Where were they?
    There are no prophets for modern secular Israel, people have to go back and re-work the prophets from the Tanakh...this is not how prophesy works

karaite,

The following is according to Chabad.org
    http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...a-Nutshell.htm

The subject of the haftorah of this Shabbat is the war of Gog and Magog that will precede the Final Redemption. Its connection to the holiday of Sukkot is that according to tradition the war will take place during the month of Tishrei, the month when the holiday of Sukkot falls. In addition, this war is identical to the one described in the fourteenth chapter of Zachariah, the haftorah read on the first day of Sukkot, which concludes by saying that the gentile survivors of this war will be required to go to Jerusalem every year on the holiday of Sukkot to pay homage to G-d.

The prophet describes Gog's war against Israel and G-d's furious response. G-d will send an earthquake, pestilence, great floods and hailstones and fire--utterly destroying Gog's armies.

"And I will reveal Myself in My greatness and in My holiness and will be recognized in the eyes of many nations, and they will know that I am the Lord. . . . I will make known My Holy Name in the midst of My people Israel, and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I, the Lord, am holy in Israel."

The haftorah concludes by saying that the weaponry of the defeated armies of Gog will provide fuel for fire for seven years! The Jews "shall carry no wood from the fields nor cut down any from the forests, for they shall make fires from the weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    If they 10 northern tribes were 'lost' as you say above, then who are the members of these tribes represented below written about by Ezra, after the return from Assyrian/Babylonian captivity:

Ezra 6:16 And the children of Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the rest of the children of the captivity, kept the dedication of this house of God with joy. And offered at the dedication of this house of God an hundred bullocks, two hundred rams, four hundred lambs; and for a sin offering for all Israel, twelve he goats, according to the number of the tribes of Israel. And they set the priests in their divisions, and the Levites in their courses, for the service of God, which is at Jerusalem; as it is written in the book of Moses. And the children of the captivity kept the passover upon the fourteenth day of the first month. For the priests and the Levites were purified together, all of them were pure, and killed the passover for all the children of the captivity, and for their brethren the priests, and for themselves. And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat

Ezra 8:35 "Also the children of those that had been carried away, which were come out of the captivity, offered burnt offerings unto the God of Israel, twelve bullocks for all Israel, ninety and six rams, seventy and seven lambs, twelve he goats for a sin offering: all this was a burnt offering unto the LORD."

Also which 2 tribes do you keep (not among the '10 lost')? Judah and Levi, or Judah and Benjamin, or some other combination?
    Not trying to avoid the topic, but I don't think this is the thread to debate lost tribes doctrine. I merely mentioned the house of Jospeh being Israel due to the location of the eclipses. From your stance, if you want to believe historically that Jews are all of Israel, then go ahead. You are free to believe that I merely mean Jews not located in their homeland and at other parts of the world instead.

I can't make any assumptions as to what you believe, however, because this topic is regarding the end times, and for all I know i may be talking with a Preterist, and that opens up even another can of worms then you'll be coming back at something else, and it will never ending circles of debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaite View Post
    -how can you make sense of something by speculating on them? The problem lies with Christians taking the easy way out and taking the bait of sensational teachers out to make a quick buck

-The blood moon and darkening sun has nothing to do with calenders-it has to do with the terms of the Mosaic Covenant-the only way to understand the covenant is not with extra biblical books, but by studying the Torah itself

-This again has nothing to do with the sun dark like sackcloth,the moon red and the sky rolling up like a scroll..this is to do with the mosaic Covenant (which by the way is fulfilled in Messiah)
    What I meant was we can only speculate, but speculation may shed light on the situation later as the events unfold (thus making sense). That's another way for saying hindsight is 20/20. But I'm not really making a big thing about these eclipses. I don't believe they have to do with anything great like the Tribulation of Christ's Coming or anything like that. My present "speculation" may be something to do with the temple, and/or punishment to the Israelite nations, maybe war. But, I'll admit I may be wrong. It's interesting events is what I am saying. Perhaps you meant that if we do not know what they represent, then what's the point? Plenty. We know they are coming, so it at the very least gears us up to be watchful so that whatever happens is expected. I mean, if I see eclipses are coming two Passovers and two Tabernacles feasts in a row, I'm going to watch them more closely than other feasts. We shall see.

As for the rest of your comments, I really don't understand what you are driving at. I don't understand your mention of extrabiblical books, and the sun and moon darkening having nothing to do with the calendar. Unless the moon, for example, is made blood red by atmospheric conditions, a normal eclipse (which is what we are talking about here) is part of the moon's cycles in which the calendar is based. So, I'm sorry, I really don't follow your points at all.

karaite,

The following is according to Chabad.org
    http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...a-Nutshell.htm

The subject of the haftorah of this Shabbat is the war of Gog and Magog that will precede the Final Redemption. Its connection to the holiday of Sukkot is that according to tradition the war will take place during the month of Tishrei, the month when the holiday of Sukkot falls. In addition, this war is identical to the one described in the fourteenth chapter of Zachariah, the haftorah read on the first day of Sukkot, which concludes by saying that the gentile survivors of this war will be required to go to Jerusalem every year on the holiday of Sukkot to pay homage to G-d.

The prophet describes Gog's war against Israel and G-d's furious response. G-d will send an earthquake, pestilence, great floods and hailstones and fire--utterly destroying Gog's armies.

"And I will reveal Myself in My greatness and in My holiness and will be recognized in the eyes of many nations, and they will know that I am the Lord. . . . I will make known My Holy Name in the midst of My people Israel, and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I, the Lord, am holy in Israel."

The haftorah concludes by saying that the weaponry of the defeated armies of Gog will provide fuel for fire for seven years! The Jews "shall carry no wood from the fields nor cut down any from the forests, for they shall make fires from the weapons."
    Hi bunny
    Sorry, but I am not interested in Cabala or Talmudic esoteric teachings. Even before I accepted Messiah I was Torah only(sola scriptura). If you want to do a quick reading of the text you should notice that it talks about "unwalled cities" Israel is building miles and miles of walls to this day to "protect themselves"
    I believe the context of ch.38-39 is the prophesy that was the wellspring of the cause of the feast of Purim....and I can come to this conclusion by the Bible alone

What I meant was we can only speculate, but speculation may shed light on the situation later as the events unfold (thus making sense). That's another way for saying hindsight is 20/20. But I'm not really making a big thing about these eclipses. I don't believe they have to do with anything great like the Tribulation of Christ's Coming or anything like that. My present "speculation" may be something to do with the temple, and/or punishment to the Israelite nations, maybe war. But, I'll admit I may be wrong. It's interesting events is what I am saying. Perhaps you meant that if we do not know what they represent, then what's the point? Plenty. We know they are coming, so it at the very least gears us up to be watchful so that whatever happens is expected. I mean, if I see eclipses are coming two Passovers and two Tabernacles feasts in a row, I'm going to watch them more closely than other feasts. We shall see.

As for the rest of your comments, I really don't understand what you are driving at. I don't understand your mention of extrabiblical books, and the sun and moon darkening having nothing to do with the calendar. Unless the moon, for example, is made blood red by atmospheric conditions, a normal eclipse (which is what we are talking about here) is part of the moon's cycles in which the calendar is based. So, I'm sorry, I really don't follow your points at all.
    Hi Tim
    Study Torah and concentrate on the Law of Moses and you will find the answer

Thread Information