cure-real

Thread: "Son of God" movie about Jesus in theaters late February.

"Son of God" movie about Jesus in theaters late February.

Not sure if many of you heard of this movie, never heard about it until just the other day. I viewed the trailer to the movie and it looks pretty good, I thought I would post this and a link to the movies website. Suppose to be in theaters Feb 28th. Hans Zimmer is doing the sound track for the movie for those who know who he is, an he has made some epic emotional orchestral scores for other movies.
    Anyways for those interested here is the link to the movies website.

http://www.sonofgodmovie.com/

Re: "Son of God" movie about Jesus in theaters late February.

Thanks for that link, looks great, hope it wont just be christians that go to see it. I wonder too wether anybody has thought about giving leaflets out at the cinema showings for anyone who might be moved to ask questions, I'll mention it to our pastor.
    Thanks again
    Marie

Blog Entries

Many unbelievers were asking (during the Bible series) why Roma chose a white skinned actor to play Jesus and other white skinned actors in significant parts to portray those who were really brown/dark skinned. I find it interesting even Jesus hair and beard are lighter than the actors actual hair color. It seems this is (to me) the "Hollywood" touch to the series and movie that could have been left "untouched".

I really hope the Movie reaches people, I just hope it reaches the lives of everyone who sees it, not just those with white skin.
    Peace to you!

Psalms 138:7-8
    Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
    you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.
    The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    Many unbelievers were asking (during the Bible series) why Roma chose a white skinned actor to play Jesus and other white skinned actors in significant parts to portray those who were really brown/dark skinned. I find it interesting even Jesus hair and beard are lighter than the actors actual hair color. It seems this is (to me) the "Hollywood" touch to the series and movie that could have been left "untouched".

I really hope the Movie reaches people, I just hope it reaches the lives of everyone who sees it, not just those with white skin.
    I think I saw the preview to this and Noah's ark when I went to see frozen, I remember chucking to myself about how everyone is white with British accents. I'm pretty sure that the passion of the Christ did some huge numbers, but honestly I dont think this is a film of similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboose View Post
    Not sure if many of you heard of this movie, never heard about it until just the other day. I viewed the trailer to the movie and it looks pretty good, I thought I would post this and a link to the movies website. Suppose to be in theaters Feb 28th. Hans Zimmer is doing the sound track for the movie for those who know who he is, an he has made some epic emotional orchestral scores for other movies.
    Anyways for those interested here is the link to the movies website.

http://www.sonofgodmovie.com/
    Thanks for sharing this link. I saw the preview and it looks pretty good.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Well this interesting...I watched the trailer in the link and this is the exact same thing they had last spring leading up to Easter...that mini series called The Bible: http://www.bibleseries.tv/

Its not a 'new' movie, but them just repeating in theaters what was already on TV in this series....though only focusing on the life of Jesus. The mini series started at the beginning of the bible and went through some of the major stories in the bible.

Not saying that is a bad thing at all..I really and truly enjoyed the actor that plays Jesus. The problem though is many on here bashed that mini series... They bashed it because it didn't go exactly like it was in the bible...though the news articles about the show explained it was written and filmed for those that are bible illiterate ...TOO get them interested in reading the bible. Sadly many Christians are bible illiterate too. I will be glad to go see it, and see if anything was added to it, but from the trailer it doesn't look like it. The mini series did a pretty good job on covering the life of Jesus I thought. I am just really surprised this turns out to be a repeat of that mini series that was free to watch on TV (though not really free since you have to pay for cable or satellite.) Maybe enough interest was sparked for this to become a movie because of the mini series. That would be great! This isn't 'Hollywoods' doing though. This mini series was made by other Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bib..._miniseries%29

Edited to add...from the wikipedia link:
    The Bible is a television miniseries based on the Bible. It is produced by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett and was broadcast weekly between March 3 and March 31, 2013 on History. The first episode of the mini-series was seen by 13.1 million viewers, the largest cable television audience of 2013 to date. The second installment continued "to deliver blockbuster ratings" for the network, attracting 10.8 million viewers. The third installment on March 17, 2013 was once again the No. 1 show on all of Sunday night television with 10.9 million total viewers. In addition, the series garnered 4.2 million adults 25–54 and 3.5 million adults 18–49.[8] In total, with subsequent airings, 'The Bible' has received more than 100 million cumulative views.

Burnett has said that part of the telecast will be turned into a movie about the life of Jesus entitled Son of God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God_%28film%29
    Son of God is a 2014 American epic biblical drama film based on Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's ten-hour miniseries The Bible. The film will feature selections of the miniseries as well as deleted scenes not featured during the telecast

Yeah! I like deleted scenes.
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Thread Information