Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My podcast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Post My podcast

I think I have done one of these before but I can't find it. So Mods if I'm double posting I'm sorry and feel free to remove the old thread.
    Recently the Lord told me to start my Lamb's Edition up again. For those of you who don't know what that is. It's a podcast telling people about Jesus and how much he loves us.
    II stopped it for a long time, but just recently God gave me a very important message to share with everyone and I thought I would post a link to it here and see what you guys thought of. So, why not give it a listen, comment let me know what you think.
    Also if you agree with the message please pass the link on I really want to get this out to as many people as possible.
    Thanks in advance and God bless.
    http://lambsedition2.podomatic.com/

Blog Entries

Re: My podcast

So, what do you guys think?

Blog Entries

I just listened to episode 9 and I think it was great. Very good job brother.
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Thanks man. I hope to start a series on that topic, but I'm not sure how to start on the next one yet. any and all prayer is much appreciated

Blog Entries

I'm wondering why you this posted in Solomon's Porch? I mean I love SP but it's not a very active forum.

Wouldn't a better fit be Christian Fellowship or Christian Classifieds? I think a lot more people would see your thread and check out your podcast because of the better access.
    One other thing, you know we have a blog feature here at Bible Forums right? You could post links to your podcast and Facebook there as well as other things.
    Facebook is great but we have well over 1,000 visitors a day here at Bible Forums -and-we also have a Facebook Connect app right at the top of the forum.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to share there are better ways to do it ( and get more eyes on it) than just here in Solomon's Porch.
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I'm wondering why you this posted in Solomon's Porch? I mean I love SP but it's not a very active forum.

Wouldn't a better fit be Christian Fellowship or Christian Classifieds? I think a lot more people would see your thread and check out your podcast because of the better access.
    One other thing, you know we have a blog feature here at Bible Forums right? You could post links to your podcast and Facebook there as well as other things.
    Facebook is great but we have well over 1,000 visitors a day here at Bible Forums -and-we also have a Facebook Connect app right at the top of the forum.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to share there are better ways to do it ( and get more eyes on it) than just here in Solomon's Porch.
    I'm confused. I posted a podcast about a year ago and was told immediately that it had to be removed. What is the rule??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    I'm confused. I posted a podcast about a year ago and was told immediately that it had to be removed. What is the rule??
    Really? I didn't think there was a rule against it. I'll have to look it up I guess. If there is a rule against it blame me for bad advice here. Let me check it out.

Edit: As a matter of fact I'll link this thread and have a discussion with the rest of board leadership and make sure what I advised to do is OK. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be but...we'll see.

I also see you have your podcast -and- your Amazon author page linked in your signature. No ones called you up on that have they? So I'm not sure what the complaint is now. Can you PM me a link to the discussion you had with someone last year?
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Ok I'll try that then. I didn't think about it. Which one do you think would be best?

Blog Entries

Well....technically Christian Classifieds would be the proper place for it but I bet if you PM'ed Amos With Goats and asked him he would let you post it in Christian Fellowship which is the more active of the two.

I also highly suggest that you make use of the Blog feature. If you've never noticed every time you update your Bible Forum blog it will be displayed near the top right of the forum. That way anytime someone opens up the forum there is a very good chance of them seeing it listed and checking it out.
    As I wrote earlier we have well over a thousand visitors on at anytime of the day. If you want to make people aware of your podcasts I think this would be a great way to do it. Even if only twenty people a day checked it out that's twenty more people reached eh?

Good luck brother and God bless.
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Thanks for the tips man. I was wondering though how do you use the blog feature on here? I've never used it.

Blog Entries

It's not really too much different than starting a thread like this one.

Just go to your profile, click view blog, then in the top right of the page click on Create new post.

Then you can write something up and add attachments etc and give it tags ( blog categories ) and whatever. It's pretty simple really.
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

It's not really too much different than starting a thread like this one.

Just go to your profile, click view blog, then in the top right of the page click on Create new post.

Then you can write something up and add attachments etc and give it tags ( blog categories ) and whatever. It's pretty simple really.
    Thanks Brian for your help I posted the blog.
    I tried to message Amos about moving the thread and it keeps saying his inbox is full..

Blog Entries

I'm going to go ahead and move it for you. I'll just move the OP though. No need for all of this to be in it eh?
    If Amos or anyone else asks you about it just tell them I did it and they can yell at me if it's a problem.

As far as the question about the podcasts/blog.

If the podcast/blog does not link to another MB, or is not soliciting funds, selling books etc and doesn't link to where you are soliciting funds, selling books etc, it is usually OK.
    I looked at your podcast page David and as far as I can tell it doesn't link to anything so it should be OK.
    I'd recommend that you PM whoever it was that told you that you couldn't do it and ask them to reconsider.
    I also recommend that you take the link to your Amazon author page out of your sig. That isn't allowed here brother.
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Thanks man I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by JK18 View Post
    Thanks man I really appreciate it.
    You're welcome brother. The LORD bless you.

Here's some feedback for you:

You opened the show with prayer, and you are certainly sincere and very obviously a humble man seeking after God's own heart. You sound great and are incredibly well-suited for that type of ministry, without a doubt. Praise God!

The topic of the show I just happened to have tuned into (founding fathers of the USA) was painful for me to get through. After much time spent invested in that topic, I couldn't agree with or appreciate where you were going with that show (for the most part).

If you wanted to know why I feel that way, I would encourage you to read 'The American Dream' by Dr. Daniel Morano for specifics as to why I can't handle any current preaching of the Word of God inter-mixed with any kind of patriotic or cultural overtones/undertones.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging people in your nation to repent though, praise Jesus!

Aside from that, the broadcasts I listen to are usually 2 or 3 hours, 1 and a half hours being the shortest. So, 30 minutes is quick/short.

Have you done, or are you planning on doing any shows on topics not at all involving the USA? I would listen to them and most likely enjoy them.

In my humble opinion, energy and effort spent focusing on restoring a worldly government or system is futile and unscriptural. The beast system happens, it's written. That energy and effort would be more efficient if focused and exerted on the kingdom of Christ, from what I understand the scriptures to say.

Please don't assume that because I'm from Canada or because of my comments above that I am some sort of USA hater, etc. My best friend and brother in Christ is an American, born raised and still residing in Houston, TX. I was there in 2007 and consider the Woodlands area to be one of the most beautiful places I have seen in my time on this earth. I love my American brothers and sisters in Christ, for sure.

God bless you and your ministry! I pray that the LORD use you for His glory, and that you bear much fruit for His kingdom, in Jesus name. Amen!
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

Thread Information