Thread: regeneration

Help regeneration

having understandstood the nature of regeneration describe the effect that give you the conviction that you are really born again.

Re: regeneration

Quote Originally Posted by besidone View Post
    having understandstood the nature of regeneration describe the effect that give you the conviction that you are really born again.
    Being alive in the Spirit. Having intimacy with God.

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    Being alive in the Spirit. Having intimacy with God.
    This!

Plus when I sin, I feel really terrible!!

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever” -1 Peter 1:23. “It is the Spirit that makes alive, the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and are life” - John 6:63. In that same chapter of John, “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come” (Rev. 4:8) declared: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” - John 6:47. Frankly, I could not care less about what any other entity (Matt. 10:28; Eph. 6:12) says, does or feels: “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death” - Revelation 12:11. “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” - Romans 10:17. “For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith” - Romans 1:17

I have noticed that too many put too much faith in feelings, “prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away” - 1 Corinthians 13:8. But “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away” - Matthew 24:35. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” - John 3:16. That “Love never ends” - 1 Corinthians 13:8.

Experiences and feelings come and go:

1. “Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit” (Eccles. 2:17).

2. “Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived” (Job 3:3).

3. “Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live” (Jonah 4:3).

4. “And he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he begged for his life, that he might die. And he said, It is enough. O Jehovah, take away my life. For I am no better than my fathers” (1 Kings 19:4).

5. “And they said to Him, Are You he who should come, or do we look for another?” - Matthew 11:3

6. “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you” - John 20:19

7. “For you are yet carnal. For in that there is among you envyings and strife and divisions, are you not carnal, and do you not walk according to men?” - 1 Corinthians 3:3

8. “What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask” - James 4:1, 2

9. “For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it” - Hebrews 12:11.

10. “They cried out with a loud voice, ‘O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" - Revelation 6:10
    "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...." - 1 John 5:1. "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world " - John 11:25-27.

Blog Entries

Radical change. Only God can produce the type of radical, lasting change that has occurred in my heart and life. "My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Thread Information