Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewish Extremists’ Attacks Rattle Christians in Holy Land

Jewish Extremists’ Attacks Rattle Christians in Holy Land

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ultiplication/

Taking a page from the Islamic group ISIS operating in neighboring Syria, a small group of young fundamentalist Jews influenced by radical religious leaders target Christian sites as centers of heretical idol worship and unwelcome missionary activity. In the past three years, a dozen churches and monasteries have been bombed, burned, or vandalized. Until the June firebombing, no one was charged in any of these incidents.
    Attacks on mosques by extremist Jews and assaults on synagogues by radical Arabs is a longstanding problem in the region. Targeting Christian sites, however, is a new phenomenon, say Israelis who monitor hate crimes.
    Pray for peace for all the Jews, Muslims, and Christians in Israel and Palestine.

Similar story about Christians suffering in Gaza: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/1...061804531.html

Re: Jewish Extremists’ Attacks Rattle Christians in Holy Land

Taking a page from the Islamic group ISIS operating in neighboring Syria, a small group of young fundamentalist Jews influenced by radical religious leaders target Christian sites as centers of heretical idol worship and unwelcome missionary activity.
    Not to minimize the issue, because obviously this is a very serious matter. But it's nothing like ISIS. ISIS is the government and ISIS is murdering Christians. When Israelis carry out attacks like this, the Israeli government arrests them.

Attacks on mosques by extremist Jews and assaults on synagogues by radical Arabs is a longstanding problem in the region.
    Right, "radical" Arabs "assault synagogues". Author must have missed the Arab countries repeated attempts to destroy the state of Israel, the middle east being ethnically cleansed of Jews in Arab countries, the Palestinians firing tens of thousands of missiles into Israel, Palestinians self detonating in large crowds of Israelis, etc etc. Yes, the only thing Jews have to worry about is "radical" Arabs "assault synagogues". Whatever.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Yes, the only thing Jews have to worry about is "radical" Arabs "assault synagogues". Whatever.
    The article didn't say it was the only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpstart View Post
    The article didn't say it was the only thing.
    Still a weird thing to say. Like taking the actions of 2 crazies and comparing them to ISIS. The poor Christians still in Syria or Iraq wish all they had to worry about is 2 crazies.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

First I'd heard of such a thing. What I find surprising is that any Jews would go after any Christians. Seems so odd to me. I mean, when you have enemies like muslims all around you and continuously trying to kill you and wanting you gone from the face of the earth.

Do the Christians in that area of the world have a problem with Jews or with Israel generally?

Palestinian Christians are a group people forget exists.

I hope for the peace of Israel, because they have a right to exist as much as anyone, but the innocent in Palestine do suffer. Our Christian siblings there are forgotten by the general media and the hard-line "always support Israel" pastors here in America. I don't believe Israel is justified in all the things they do, because it can cause suffering to innocent people in Palestine.

Blog Entries

“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”
    ― Golda M
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    What I find surprising is that any Jews would go after any Christians. Seems so odd to me. I mean, when you have enemies like muslims all around you and continuously trying to kill you and wanting you gone from the face of the earth.
    Yup. Well, they're crazies. I guess it's too much to expect rational behavior.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpstart View Post
    I don't believe Israel is justified in all the things they do, because it can cause suffering to innocent people in Palestine.
    I don't want to see the innocent Palestinians suffer either. Unfortunately, that is what happens in a war. It is unavoidable.

Isaiah 54

I don't want to see the innocent Palestinians suffer either. Unfortunately, that is what happens in a war. It is unavoidable.
    Sometimes it is unavoidable. That's true. Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Yup. Well, they're crazies. I guess it's too much to expect rational behavior.
    Perhaps they are simply so angry they lash out and anyone and everyone that is not like them. I think we see that from many blacks in this nation. I'm saying that there are some who over time become so angry and see no solution, that anyone not like them becomes the enemy - even if they are not an enemy. I'm only guessing here in my attempt to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    Perhaps they are simply so angry they lash out and anyone and everyone that is not like them.
    Perhaps. If so, it is not appropriate behavior for a religious person.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

You be surprised the unholy things that "religous people" will do, especially those with the mindset, that their enemy's enemy is their friend. There is a strategy behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by always View Post
    You be surprised the unholy things that "religous people" will do
    No, I really wouldn't.

Isaiah 54

No it really isn't.

Thread Information