Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tools For Evangilsm

Blog Entries

Re: Tools For Evangilsm

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post
    Can the word "reason" be put in place for "truth"?

I suspose I could have been more specific.

Under the definition "reason" ( so we are on the same page ) I would say yes, it could be used interchangeably with the word "truth" in my sentense ( in context) using definition #1... "A cause"

rea·son
    ˈrēzən/
    noun

a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the minister resigned for personal reasons"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: cause, ground(s), basis, rationale; More

the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"there is a close connection between reason and emotion"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: rationality, logic, logical thought, reasoning, cognition; formalratiocination
      "postmodern voices railing against reason"

verb

think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"humans do not reason entirely from facts"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: think rationally, think logically, use one's common sense, use one's head/brain; More

True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Whatever is the reason is for the existence of this planet and universe it is the same for each and every one of us?
    ........This one.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life. James 1:12

Blog Entries

LOL! I've corrected the original, silly me...yes ONLY God can answer THAT question! Thanks Brother
    Last edited by bluesky22; Apr 11th 2016 at 03:26 AM.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

I thought this was good.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Well I have always found the most effective 'tools for evangelism' are my testimony given in no more than 4 minutes - which contains my life before Christ, my conversion ( preferably including the prayer I prayed) and the difference being a Christian has made to my life; and a working knowledge of the Word of God.

Blog Entries

From a brother...

“Arise go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it...But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of Yahweh.” Jonah 1:2-3

This short video (about 30mins) is worth watching, Should Christians "Redeem" the Culture

To me it seems rather obvious. If we are to be the light to the world (Mt.5:14) and disciple nations (Mt.28:19)[1], then it stands to reason we are to seek to influence the society in which the Father has chosen to place us. If we, those commissioned to be the light and the instructor to the world, refuse to be a positive influence upon our society, then another will step in and replace us, in each and every area we have refused to take captive for Christ (2Cor.10:5). And we all know who has replaced the witness of the church in our culture – “to the shame and the blame of the church.” The church of today has become much like the monastic church when she retreated to monasteries and compartmentalized her faith; Africa and the Middle East are still reaping the rewards of that failure.

Let us not be as Jonah and refuse to be a light to the darkness around us. Rather, let us learn from Jonah’s chastening to be that light and wait the day when Spirit wrought repentance comes, “So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them.” Jonah 3:5. “The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.” Is.9:7c

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2Chron.7:14

Endnotes:
    1. The Greek word translated "nations" is e!qnh (ethne) and it does not refer to men as individuals, that would be ἄνθρωπός (anthropos), but men collectively.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

I have had an idea for some time.

Maybe it can help in the Great Commission?

I humbly offer it here if any of you can use it/modify it for Christ's Glory in your church or ministry.

My circumstances do not allow me to pass this on.

This post will edit for the next little while, check back.

Having computer issues tonight, too many deleted posts by accident.

OK. here is my prayer and wish. That every church do this or something simlar. Maybe it's being done??!

The verse:

19Afterward the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20“Because you have so little faith. He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faiththe size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

So the basic idea is that each church put out a yellow "flyer" distributed via a local flyer distribution company with the Gospel printed on one side and a "tough questuon" answered on the the other. If the answer to the tough question grabs them they might read a nice explanation of the gospel.

I like answering "Why does God allow suffering?" On the back.

Any font, any design.

The paper is yellow like a mustard seed.

The name of the flyer is
    " The Mustard Seed " and we "sow" it all over the neiborhoods.

For pennies we can put thousands of messages of the Gospel in every mail box of our neighbourhoods. You can have delivered thousands of copies right to people's door for pennies.

***Variation 2.0.

Each week you change the "tough question" to another answer. I.e " Is there any proof for God's existence" Like a track.

Anyway, something I wanted to pass on before I die. No, I am not dying. Lol.

Forgive me if this is being done somewhere

blue

Last edited by bluesky22; Jun 21st 2016 at 12:10 AM.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

I know this movie has had an enormous impact on many people all over the world. I don't even know how many times I have heard a testimony from a former muslim about how this film opened their eyes. It has a special anointing. It may me a bit slow in the modern world, but the third world is moved to their knees by this movie. It was made in 1979 and is still winning souls daily. Here it is. The Jesus Film (from Luke)

Blog Entries

Can't wait.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

6 Biblical Qualifications for Civil Rulers

by Steve C. Halbrook

As election day nears, we must consider what the Bible — which equips for every good work (2 Timothy 3:17) — says about civil ruler qualifications.

Many Christians have embraced pragmatism when it comes to voting (e.g., choosing the "lesser of two evils"). The fruit of this philosophy is a continual lowering of moral standards for candidates, with the standards of what constitutes an acceptable candidate reaching an all-time low. Last presidential election, many Christians supported Mitt Romney, an adherent of the anti-Christian cult of Mormonism; this election, many are supporting Donald Trump, a horribly wicked man with perhaps the foulest tongue ever seen in presidential politics. (It has recently been said that Trump has recently converted to Christ; if so, I rejoice, but I am skeptical at this point.)

However, Scripture does speak to the matter of choosing rulers, and as far as I can tell, it never permits such pragmatism. And God's rules are not options, but mandatory; candidates must meet Scripture's qualifications — or not be voted for at all. The duty is ours; the results are God's.

Therefore, those who justify voting for the lesser of two evils without biblical warrant— even when there is no other candidate to choose from — are partaking in their candidate's evil deeds. Such pragmatism would be sinful, as it is doing evil that good may come (cf. Romans 3:8).

Determining whether a candidate is qualified is not always easy; some candidates may seem borderline. Nevertheless, we must always strive to honor God by basing our decisions on Scripture. Below are qualifications (at least some) that all political candidates must meet when deciding whether a given candidate should be voted for.

1) Rulers must be Christians

Scripture says, “He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God” (2 Samuel 23:3b, KJV). Those who rule in the fear of God would, of course, be Christians.

To whatever extent unbelievers fear God, it is a different kind of fear that is mingled with an unrepentant rebellion that is not conducive to justice. Again, “He that ruleth over men must be just," but unbelievers are naturally unjust. And so,

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. (Proverbs 29:2, KJV)

Non-Christians, then, lack the ability that Christians have to rule justly. They are unwise; their minds are darkened (Ephesians 4:17 - 19). They cannot submit to God's law (Romans 8:7).

They are, in fact, idolaters, given over to foolishness and wickedness (Romans 1:18-32) — and the laws that they support reflect this. Romans 1, after discussing the depraved mindset of unbelievers that results in evil deeds, states "Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them," v. 32. Are these not by and large the kind of rulers we have today?

If God, in His grace, may at times cause non-Christian rulers to act inconsistently with their opposition to Him and to rule justly, then praise God. However, we are not to presume on such grace, but to obey God by choosing those who fear Him — Christians:

Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God ... (Exodus 18:21a)

2) Rulers must acknowledge Christ as the Highest Political Authority

Jesus Christ is the highest political authority in the land — more so than the federal government, the states, the people, the Constitution, or anything else. He is "the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords" (1 Tim. 6:15b; cf. Eph. 1:20-22), and therefore has "All authority in heaven and on earth" (Matthew 28:18b) (emphasis mine).

God, then, is foundational to government (as Romans 13 makes clear), and as such, rulers cannot rule appropriately without looking to Him. Moreover, Scripture gives rulers the following warning:

Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him. (Psalm 2:10 - 12)

Consequently, those do not recognize Christ's political authority are treasonous to Christ — and therefore unfit to rule. The notion that there is "no king but Caesar" (John 19:15b) was responsible for the greatest atrocity of all time, the crucifixion of Christ. And such a philosophy that denies God — and therefore His moral standards over civil government — continues to promote atrocities to this day. Rulers can only foster peace by kneeling to Christ, the "Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6b).

3) Rulers must Rule by God's Law

Since rulers must acknowledge Christ, it logically follows that they are to obey His law (and therefore enforce biblical civil law); as King Jesus says, "Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?" (Luke 6:46).

A ruler is to "Serve the Lord with fear" (Psalm 2:11); he is God's servant (Romans 13:4b) (emphases mine) who must use the sword to terrorize bad conduct: "For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad." (Romans 13:3a) Bad conduct, of course, is violating God's law, since God's law defines good and bad conduct.

Indeed, we must choose rulers who are wise (Deuteronomy 1:13), and wisdom comes from God's law (Psalm 119:98). God's word equips for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) — civil matters included. Scripture says, “He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God” (2 Samuel 23:3b/KJV) (emphasis mine), and by its very nature, God's law is the source of justice.

As noted, rulers must serve God with fear (Psalm 2:11; 2 Samuel 23:3). Deuteronomy 17, when discussing obligations of the king, links the fear of God with knowing and applying His law to every area of life — which leads to ruling justly:

And when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, he shall write for himself in a book a copy of this law, approved by the Levitical priests. And it shall be with him, and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the Lord his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes, and doing them, that his heart may not be lifted up above his brothers, and that he may not turn aside from the commandment, either to the right hand or to the left, so that he may continue long in his kingdom, he and his children, in Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:18-20)

And so rulers should seek to enact and enforce laws based on Scripture, especially via the general equity of the judicial law of Moses. This not only entails the Second Table of the Law (prohibitions against murder, theft, etc.), but the First Table of the Law (prohibitions against blasphemy, idolatry, etc.) (rulers are, first and foremost, servants of God; they do not exist simply for the people, but for God's glory).

Of course, no ruler will seek to apply biblical civil law perfectly, and so one must use wisdom to decide how deficient in applying God's law a ruler can be to be lawfully voted for.

4) Rulers must not be Covetous

According to Exodus 18, we must choose rulers who are not covetous:

Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe ... (Exodus 18:21a)

Covetousness subverts justice. For instance, regarding bribes, Scripture says:

And you shall take no bribe, for a bribe blinds the clear-sighted and subverts the cause of those who are in the right. (Exodus 23:8)

One may take a bribe in a variety of ways; not just in the most obvious way, as when someone is given money by another in secret to favor one's cause. For example, one may take a bribe from an entity via campaign contributions in exchange for turning the other way while in office to that entity's immoral behavior.

There is also the promotion of covetousness by some candidates, such as inciting one class of people to greed by promising to redistribute to them the wealth of another class. Civil rulers engage in covetousness in such ways as via the seizure of land, excessive taxation, and the military draft (cf. 1 Samuel 8:11-17).

Indeed, a multitude of evils can result from covetousness; for instance, Ahab's coveting of Naboth's vineyard led to the murder of Naboth and the theft of his property (1 Kings 21:1-16). The covetous ruler naturally subverts justice by placing his own evil desires above obedience to God and the well-being of his fellow man.

5) Rulers must be Men

Rulers chosen by the people must be men:

Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe ... (Exodus 18:21a) (emphases mine)

Scripture does not consider the rule of women to be a good thing:

My people—infants are their oppressors, and women rule over them. (Isaiah 3:12a)

To this, many may say, "What about Deborah in the Old Testament? Doesn't this mean that women can be rulers?" It is beyond the scope of this piece to thoroughly analyze whether the Deborah example ever allows for women civil rulers, but we'll just point out that at the most, the Deborah example would allow for women in civil authority in rare circumstances; it would be the exception — not the rule.

God created men to be the rulers of households and churches, and so it naturally follows that they would be the rulers in civil matters as well.

6) Rulers must be Competent to Perform Civil Matters

Rulers must be Christians — but it is not enough for them to be so; they must be competent to perform civil matters. Besides what has already been mentioned, Scripture requires rulers to be able, trustworthy, wise, understanding, and experienced:

Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe ... (Exodus 18:21a)

Choose for your tribes wise, understanding, and experienced men, and I will appoint them as your heads. (Deuteronomy 1:13)

They must not be incompetent infants. Again, Isaiah 3:12 reads:

My people—infants are their oppressors, and women rule over them. (Isaiah 3:12a)

Concluding Thoughts

The oppression by women and infants, per Isaiah 3:12, is what we have, and we can continue to expect this as long as we refuse to repent of our rebellion towards God — including the rebellion of choosing unqualified rulers.

When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:13, 14)

We must not be pragmatists and put our trust in princes (Psalm 146:3); not choosing rulers on God's terms leads to tyranny (1 Samuel 8). Rather, we must trust in God, the Supreme Ruler of the Universe:

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage! (Psalm 33:12)

Again, as we've noted, candidates must meet Scripture's qualifications — or not be voted for at all. The duty is ours; the results are God's. God is completely sovereign over all that passes; He "works all things according to the counsel of his will" (Ephesians 1:11b). Our job is merely to trust, fear, and obey God: "The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man" (Ecclesiastes 12:13).

When we reject biblical qualifications in order to keep another candidate from getting into office (such as voting for Donald Trump in order to keep Hillary Clinton from getting into office), we are fearing man and not God. This is neither right nor safe.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

From a good friend of mine...

China and the Future of Christianity

Scott Trimble

“One like the Son of Man coming with the clouds of heaven [“He was taken up and a cloud received Him” Acts 1:9]! He came up to the Ancient of Days...Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations and languages should serve Him...”Dan.7:14, 15

I love this most recent article, from 2016, regarding the growth-rate of Christianity in China.

When I read the report that “China is now sending missionaries – especially to North Korea” coupled with the fact that when China becomes the world’s most populace Christian nation, within 15 years, “immense influence is sure to be made – to China, and the whole world - no matter people are prepared or not,” my eyes welled up!

As our conquering King shook up His creation, especially the “New World” - and they didn’t call it the “New World” for nothing (Is.65:17; Rev.21:1), via the workings of the formerly Christianized European nations, we cannot even begin to imagine “the immense influence” that these lands will have upon the creation in the, perhaps, centuries to come!

“Babylon…Rome…Moscow…Washington DC…they come and they go. Apple…Google…Microsoft…they rise and they fall, with each used perfectly in their time to advance the purposes of the One who owns them all.

All along the way each of them leaves behind various tools and technologies through which He continues to bless His people as they advance His Kingdom, all by His grace and all for His glory.” Scott Allen Buss.

In regards to our nation and her cultural entropy, we ought to "Seek the peace of the city where I have sent you into exile and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its peace you will have peace." Jer.29:7.

Yes, we ought to pray for our nation!

However, why was God’s Old Covenant community sent into exile?

Because of their sin! (2Kings 17:7-23)

As the exile to Babylon and the wilderness wandering before that were not the ends to the story, so too shall God (Father, Son and Spirit) have His way. He will raise a faithful generation, gifting them with a “different Spirit”Num.14:24. The faithless generation which proclaimed “they are too strong for us,” Num.13:31 will pass (14:29), and the Joshua's and Caleb's the Lord will raise up (14:31). The land will be taken (Jos. 21:43-45); the cosmos will be reconciled (Col.1:20), “as I live all the earth will be filled with the glory of the LORD.”Num.14:21. Thus, “All flesh shall come to worship before Me.” Is.65:23b

This ever-expanding multiracial constitution of the New Covenant Era Church, in China and across the globe, is proof positive that the stone (our Lord Jesus) which smote the image of mankind’s empires (Dan.2:34, 35) continues in its worldwide endeavor to “break into pieces and consume all these kingdoms and it shall stand forever.” Dan.2: 44.

Where did the first Adam fall? A garden (Gen.3)

Where was the second Adam (Christ) raised? A garden (Jn.19:41-20:17)

What was the first Adam to do but he failed at? Tend the garden, “to tend and keep it.” Gen.2:15 (cp. 1:26-28)

What was the second Adam (Christ) mistaken for? A gardener, “supposing Him to be a gardener/κηπουρός - one who tends a garden).” Jn.20:15

Christ is tending the garden! He is “tending it and keeping it,” something the first Adam could not do. Christ is “hav[ing] dominion over the fish and all that creeps” (Gen.1:26-28), that is “dominion from sea to sea” Ps.72:8; cp.Col.1:16-20. He is spreading that glorious presence of God throughout the creation, as man was supposed to do. And He will be victorious! “That all peoples, nations and languages should serve Him.” Dan.7:14b; “Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him; all nations shall serve Him.” Ps.72:11.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Thread Information