Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tools For Evangilsm

Blog Entries

Re: Tools For Evangilsm

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Good point and I agree.
    I think perhaps I am not a Nationalist or very Patriotic. I am grateful I was born and live in the U.S.A.

I am grateful that I found God here, perhaps because as a country we have been blessed.
    Peace to you!

If anyone makes the assistance of grace to believe the gospel depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" - Council of Orange

Blog Entries

True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    great vid Bluesky.

Our group will be street preaching, soul winning, and passing tracts this weekend near the University. Pray for us...this should be the norm!
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thes 5:21

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:2-4)

Blog Entries

Will do brother! May the Spirit be with you all strongly! Your missed John ! Hope you are well.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Tools For Evangilsm

Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    great vid Bluesky.

Our group will be street preaching, soul winning, and passing tracts this weekend near the University. Pray for us...this should be the norm!
    Well I think there is a time and place for this type of ministry, the apostles did it. We should try it. Evaualte it. Plant seeds in a good way.

There are lots of groups who have tried to poison this type of ministry -Westboro baptists comes to mind. Don't let them discourage you.

EDIT : picture removed out of respect for out troops.
    Last edited by bluesky22; Oct 31st 2016 at 02:24 AM.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    LOL Bluesky...

A little detail: I and my family have studied evangelism Ray Comfort style etc. So what we do concerns the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Ray uses the Bible angle of 'The Law is our school master to bring us unto Christ'.

My heart tells me that the Time is late and it really is later than we think.

Let me leave you all with this quote on evangelism from your other thread...

Criticizing Moody
    One day a lady criticized D. L. Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody’s reply was "I agree with you. I don’t like the way I do it either. Tell me, how do you do it?" The lady replied, "I don’t do it." Moody retorted, "Then I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it."

I like the way that Ray Comfort is doing it better than the way 98% of 'christians' are not doing it. (that is a statistic, 98% of christians are not sharing their faith). Instead of critisizing Ray Comfort, we need to be on our faces begging God for forgiveness. Start with a lack of sharing the Gospel...

quote from: http://www.sermoncentral.com/article...elism_sermons2

All the Spirits power to you brother. Every day the time grows very very late for thousands of the lost. Who is trying to reach them?

Faith-Hope-LOVE

thanks.

we got out to the streets last nite and what a blessing. the University town was jumping for a Halloween weekend. we passed tracks, preached and fellowshipped. the Chick tracts are a blessing, many people like Chick tracts better than the non illustrated tracts that we also carry.

blessings.

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:2-4)

Blog Entries

So.... by definition, if I have an opinion ( that abortion is murder for example, or trump might make a good president) and you strongly disagree....who's the bigot?

big·ot
    ˈbiɡət/
    noun
    a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
    "don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
    synonyms: chauvinist, partisan, sectarian; More

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

This is cool, my wife had the idea.

The Screwtape Letters. Great book, read it many years ago.

https://youtu.be/37h9ZyE-23A

Faith-Hope-LOVE

A church near me is discussing 'church growth' etc, but instead of man made ideas we need to start with what God wants.

Jeremiah 6:16 (KJV) Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
    Last edited by John777; Nov 21st 2016 at 01:18 PM.

Blog Entries

For the kids...

https://youtu.be/bJvzmBn5NcA

Jesus Teaches in Parables

13 That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea. 2 And [a]large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach.

3 And He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, “Behold, the sower went out to sow; 4 and as he sowed, some seeds fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate them up. 5 Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil. 6 But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7 Others fell [b]among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out. 8 And others fell on the good soil and *yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty. 9 He who has ears, [c]let him hear.”

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

WITHOUT EXCUSE.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post

WITHOUT EXCUSE.
    That was excellent brother! My wife is a big fan of Wood, after seeing this, I see why, thanks for sharing!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Scott Trimble

“He [Jesus] came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him [Acts 2:32-35]. And to Him was given dominion, glory and a kingdom.” Daniel 7:13b-14a

Remember, Jesus said that all authority in heaven and on earth is now His and on account of that fact His ambassadors are to go forth and "μαθητεύσατε πάντα τὰ ἔθνη” literally “make all nations My disciples." Mt.28:18-20

The immediate followers of our Lord actually believed His words! They went forth in confidence knowing that the strong man had been bound and cast out (Mt.12:29; Jn.12:31; Rev.20:2b), even destroyed (Heb.2:14), principalities and powers had been disarmed and subjected to Christ (Col.2:15; 1Pt.3:22) and that “whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities – all things have been created through Him and for Him.” Col.1:16 and “whether things on earth or things in heaven” all is being reconciled – restitution to an earlier state or restoration [1] - to Him (Col.1:20). They understood fully that Rome was “created for Christ” and was, therefore, to be subservient to Him and His ways or perish (Ps.2:8-12; 110), for “the nation and the kingdom which will not serve you shall perish and the nations [which do not serve you] will be utterly ruined.” Is.60:12. - Do not be complacent, if a nation is not seeking to serve Christ and promote His statues within their land, then they are actively serving and promoting a false god. Should collective repentance fail, they too shall be laid waste. As Spurgeon proclaimed, “National sins demand national punishments.”

What was the result of their faith?

Within 1 generation (Mt.24:34) the gospel had gone throughout the world (Ro.1:8; 16:26; Col.1:5b-2, 23; 1Thes.1:8), just as Jesus had promised (Mt.24:14) - converts were in Caesar's own household (Phil.4:22) - and the followers of the Ruler over the kings of the earth (Rev.1:5) could be accused of "turning the world upside down." Acts17:6. Even during “the tribulation” Rev.1:9, when false prophets/deceivers and apostasy became commonplace (Mt.24:5, 11, 24; Acts 8:9-24; 20:28-29;Titus 1:12; Jude 4, 8-16; 19; Rev.2:2), earthquakes and famines arose (Mt.24:7; Acts 11:28; 16:28), brother betrayed brother (Mk.13:12; Acts 17:5-6; 1Thes.2:14) and they were arrested, brought to courts and witnessed before kings (Mt.10;18; Mk.13:9; Acts 4-5; 22-26), all the while they understood that many of them would soon be eyewitnesses to the crushing of Satan (Gen.3:15; Ro.16:20), the one who had been preying upon them as a famished beast (1Pt.5:8), knowing his time was short (Rev.12:12), for they well remembered that Christ had promised them that some of them would be alive to see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” (Mt.16:28; Jn.21:22). With the imprisonment of the deceiver, now would be the occasion for an even less hindered, although progressive, growth - the reconciliation of everything “on earth” to its original God intended purpose (Ex.23:30; Is.9:7; Mk.4:26-28) – of Christ’s Kingdom throughout the ensuing inter-advent age. For He must reign from heaven until all things are in ἀποκαταστάσεως – more perfect state of (even physical) things which existed before the fall[ 2] - Acts 3:21; cp. Heb. 10:13; 1Cor.15:25; after which, He shall return and forever silence the last enemy, physical death (1Cor.15:26).

What does the New Covenant church of the modern age do?

Well, we are a lot like the Old Covenant “church in the wilderness” (Acts 7:38). We have our centuries old commission to go forth (Mt.28:18-20), but we cry out, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are too strong for us.”Num.13:31.

What did the Father do to that faithless generation?

He told them He was patient and slow to anger, but promised they would die in the wilderness, never seeing His glory throughout the land of promise, since they would not repent (Num.13:18-23).

What should the New Covenant church do?

We should heed that which has happened to them, the things from which we were to learn (Ro.15:4; 1Cor.10:11), and repent of our unfaithfulness - our ignorance and belittling of Christ and all He has and is accomplishing in time (2Chron.7:14) - lest we, likewise, die in our self-imposed wilderness.

Make no mistake, whenever the church is in a wilderness, it is because of her sin she is there!

As Oswald Allis stated, “The Christian church has for centuries failed to take seriously and carry out fully the Great Commission.” [3]

“This prospect of worldwide, culture-wide responsibility frightens millions of Christians. They have even adopted eschatologies that assure them that God does not hold them responsible for anything so comprehensive as the transformation of today’s sin-filled world.” [4]

Endnotes:
    1. ἀποκαταλλάξαι - TDNT, vol. I p 389.
    2. ἀποκαταστάσεως - Thayers, p 63. Note the close connection between the terms rendered “reconcile” in Col.1:20 and “restoration” in Acts 3:21.
    3. Oswald Allis in the forward to, Israel and the New Covenant, by Roderick Campbell.
    4. Gary North, Tools of Dominion, pp 39-40.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Thread Information