Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tools For Evangilsm

Blog Entries

Tools For Evangilsm

I am going to put in here some good tools that I have found... videos, strategies, explanations that help Evangilsm efforts. Please add yours. If you have had success tell us about it!

I am starting with this this great video.

True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Re: Tools For Evangilsm

This is great.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

3 dangerious questions I heard about years ago. A friend of mine added a fourth.

So, if someone tells you something as "fact" ask them these...

1. How do you know what you just told me is Truth?
    2. What are your sources?
    3. What happens if your wrong?
    4. Who profits; to what purpose; to whose benefit? (Thanks to BIM)

bluesky
    Last edited by bluesky22; Mar 28th 2016 at 01:14 AM.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Law of non-contradiction

The Law of non-contradiction is one of the basic laws in classical logic. It states that something cannot be both true and not true at the same time when dealing with the same context. For example, the chair in my living room--right now--cannot be made of wood and not made of wood at the same time. In the law of non-contradiction, where we have a set of statements about a subject, we cannot have any of the statements in that set negate the truth of any other statement in that same set. For example, we have a set of two statements about Judas. 1) Judas hanged himself. 2) Judas fell down, and his bowels spilled out. Neither statement about Judas contradicts the other. That is, neither statement makes the other impossible because neither excludes the possibility of the other. The statements can be harmonized by stating: Judas hanged himself, and then his body fell down, and his bowels spilled out.

In order to make the set of statements contradictory, we would have something like: 1) Judas hanged himself. 2) Judas did not hang himself. Since either statement excludes the possibility of the other, we would then have a contradiction since both could not be true. However, to say that Judas hanged himself and Judas fell are not contradictory since both could occur.

https://carm.org/dictionary-law-of-non-contradiction

A cannot be A and not A at the same time

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

In a mother's womb were two babies.

"Do you believe in life after delivery?" one twin asks.

"Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later," the other replies.

"Nonsense," says the first. "There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?"

The second responds, "I don't know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will... have other senses that we can't understand now."

The first replies, "That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous!
    The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded."

But the second insists, "I think there is something, and maybe it's different than it is here. Maybe we won't need this physical cord anymore."

The first replies, "Nonsense. Moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life. In the after-delivery, there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere."

"Well, I don't know," says the second, "but certainly we will meet Mother, and she will take care of us."

The first replies, "Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That's laughable. If Mother exists, then where is she now?"

The second says, "She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of her. It is in her that we live. Without her, this world would not and could not exist."

Says the first: "Well I don't see her, so it is only logical that she doesn't exist."

But then the second twin answers, "Sometimes, when you're in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive her presence, and you can hear her loving voice, calling down from above."

Amen

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Happy Ressurection Day Everybody!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Law of non-contradiction
    [SIZE=3]
    The Law of non-contradiction is one of the basic laws in classical logic. It states that something cannot be both true and not true at the same time when dealing with the same context.
    After watching the video, Youtube played this video for me...excellent too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51rR4aC9aMg#t=659.678911
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thes 5:21

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:2-4)

Blog Entries

I made this picture a while back to help illustrate the concept of truth.

The blue line in the centre is the True Truth on any given topic, in our case, the Bible having the True Truth to human history and condition.

There can only be one Truth to any given issue.

WHAT IS TRUTH? Something that corresponds to what/how something actually is or how something actualy happened.

Many times, others come and intersect the truth with partial truths, not quite getting it all, but they are close.

Others miss the mark altogether.

We cannot bend reality to our bias's or preconceived versions of truth.

The Truth is what the Truth is - period.

The Truth is rude.

The Truth just is.

The Truth does not particularly care what you think.

Islam is not the Truth. Budda is not in the True Vine. The Hindus are not there either. Atheism is wrong. All these worldviews say diametrically opposing things, they all CANNOT be true truth simultaneously. It's impossible. The law of non-contraction will not allow it.

More later.

With love...

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

What proof is there?

What proof is there of a builder? A building.

What proof is there of a painter? A painting.

What proof is there for a Creator?

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Music can be used for Evangilsm.

It can also uplift, edify and give hope to the soul. We can express our love for God on a completely different level.

Sometimes it's just what we need. I've posted this before, but it better suited to this thread.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

What is Superbook?

In 1981, The Christian Broadcasting Network created a children's animated Bible series as part of an outreach to the nation of Japan. Little did we realize what impact the series would have in Japan and throughout the world. The English name for this series was "Superbook."

Research performed during and after the outreach showed that this series was an unprecedented success. Superbook, also known as Animated Parent and Child Theater, is an anime television series produced by Tatsunoko Productions in Japan in conjunction with The Christian Broadcasting Network in the United States. During its launch in Japan, it is estimated that over 4 million people watched each weekly episode of Superbook on television, resulting in the Bible becoming the best-selling book in that country.

From Japan, the Superbook series went on to air throughout the world from Asia to North America. By 1989, in the midst of economic and political turmoil, Superbook began broadcasting in the Soviet Union to astounding results. Superbook aired during primetime on the Soviet National Channel. CBN received over 6 million letters from children, introducing a whole new generation to the Bible. Even today, the Superbook Kids Club is one of the highest rated live-action children's programs in Ukraine.

Since first airing in Japan, the series has now been broadcast in over 106 countries, translated into 43 languages, and viewed by over 500 million people.

Because of today's new storytelling technology, the original series is losing appeal with this media-savvy generation. To solve this problem, CBN is producing a reimagined, computer generated, animated version of Superbook. Our goal is to produce a new series that will honor the life-changing legacy of the original series and re-introduce it to a new generation.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Occasionally when I have an opertunity to talk with someone about the Bible, one question I always try and ask is this:

I say to the person "Can you explain to me, your understanding of what the Bible says on how we get to Heaven?"

Unless they are a Christian, they most always say the usual "Be a good person, don't kill or steal etc..."

I then go on to tell them that that's not what it says at all, in fact, it says something quite different.

They are usually surprised and want to know what it does say. It does not work all the time as you can expect but it's a good "in" to deliver the Gospel.

Peace!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Thread Information