View Poll Results: What Do YOU Believe?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • God created all, as stated in Genesis; fully formed creations, reproducing after their kind.

52 92.86%
  • God created all, using macro-evolution. Simple organisms to man over millions of years.

3 5.36%
  • Multiple Gods/entities (who we don't know anything about) created everything we see.

0 0%
  • We were seeded by aliens from another area of the universe or dimension.

0 0%
  • We don't know what created us and the universe. Some unknown force is behind all reality.

0 0%
  • I don't know what I believe, I am still on the fence.

1 1.79%
  • It does not matter what you believe, I don't care.

0 0%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do YOU Believe?

Blog Entries

Re: What Do YOU Believe?

I voted #1. I do not believe in any type of evolutionary timeline: He created Adam from the dust as a man: He created Eve from Adams rib, fully able to conceive children from the start. He trotted the critters by Adam so he could name them: and they were adult animals, otherwise Adam would not have noticed he was "alone".

No evolution, no multiple gods, no aliens: just God creating everything. All of His creation cries out His name. To myself, it is very simple.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I voted #1. I do not believe in any type of evolutionary timeline: He created Adam from the dust as a man: He created Eve from Adams rib, fully able to conceive children from the start. He trotted the critters by Adam so he could name them: and they were adult animals, otherwise Adam would not have noticed he was "alone".

No evolution, no multiple gods, no aliens: just God creating everything. All of His creation cries out His name. To myself, it is very simple.
    Good point CC. Thanks for voting. I agree.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

He trotted the critters by Adam so he could name them: and they were adult animals, otherwise Adam would not have noticed he was "alone".
    The animals were created before Adam, so it would be possible for God to have created the universe + animals through evolutionary processes, but then create man specially and directly. That's probably the view I ascribe to, so a mix of the first and second choice.

Panspermia (the fourth option) is technically the case depending on how we define 'alien'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RelationsRelatingItself View Post
    The animals were created before Adam, so it would be possible for God to have created the universe + animals through evolutionary processes, but then create man specially and directly. That's probably the view I ascribe to, so a mix of the first and second choice.

Panspermia (the fourth option) is technically the case depending on how we define 'alien'
    If you do not believe in a literal 6 days of creation, I suppose you could believe that. But He says what He created on each day, and I ascribe that to a 24 hour time frame, not 24 years, or 240 years, or 24 million years. A day is a day in the creation account, as far as I believe.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Reading the first 3 chapters of Genesis this evening AGAIN.

I do not see how Genesis can be read literally, since there were no shrubs yet, and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up (Genesis 2) Yet when God created man on the 6th day in Genesis 1 there was full vegetation?

Genesis 2 states when He made man. there were no plants due to no rain yet plants and trees were created and thriving on the 3rd day according to Genesis 1????

Genesis 1:11 And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so.
    12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
    13 And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

Genesis 2:5 When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground,
    6 and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground—
    7 then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.
    8 And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed.
    9 And out of the ground the Lord God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

This is The Word of God...I shall pursue Him.
    Peace to you!

If anyone makes the assistance of grace to believe the gospel depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" - Council of Orange

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    Reading the first 3 chapters of Genesis this evening AGAIN.

I do not see how Genesis can be read literally, since there were no shrubs yet, and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up (Genesis 2) Yet when God created man on the 6th day in Genesis 1 there was full vegetation?

Genesis 2 states when He made man. there were no plants due to no rain yet plants and trees were created and thriving on the 3rd day according to Genesis 1????

Genesis 1:11 And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so.
    12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
    13 And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

Genesis 2:5 When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground,
    6 and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground—
    7 then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.
    8 And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed.
    9 And out of the ground the Lord God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

This is The Word of God...I shall pursue Him.
    And my sister, your point is what? That it had to take a span of days, weeks, years for this to happen? If you wish to use 2 Peter 3:8 as your reference, where does it appear in scripture in reference to the creation of everything? Or are you basing it on an outside influence, such as what we humans know about plant and animal life now? We have to remember that God is not confined by time: He is outside of it. As a moot point, He created time as we know it.

On this point I am not going to get into a long, drawn out argument about this: mostly because in Genesis the word Yom is used for day morning and evening, which in the OT is a literal day as we understand it. But this is something that has driven wedges between people since it started to be debated when fossils were being discovered. Humans have always tried to put time as it applies to God in some sort of box, without thinking that the One who created everything also created this thing called time we try to put His works in.

I do love you, sis: but on this I will agree to disagree.
    Rich Mullins

This may come as no surprise, but I believe that God created all in six literal days. The earth, sun, moon, stars, animals, plants, etc. Six days.

I have also come to see that Genesis 1:3, "Let there be light" is about Jesus. The sun, moon, and stars were created days later. The only light possible in "Let there be light" is Jesus himself. Now, I am not suggesting the Jesus was created, just brought forth. Remember, everything was created thru Jesus. (John 1 and multiple times in Paul's letters) Also, Proverbs 8 is about wisdom. Jesus claimed to be wisdom personified. (In ancient texts that weren't canonized) Proverbs 8 is about Jesus. Notice it is in first person.

Proverbs 8:12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
    And find out knowledge and discretion.
    13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil;
    Pride and arrogance and the evil way
    And the perverse mouth I hate.
    14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
    I am understanding, I have strength.
    15 By me kings reign,
    And rulers decree justice.
    16 By me princes rule, and nobles,
    All the judges of the earth.
    17 I love those who love me,
    And those who seek me diligently will find me
    18 Riches and honor are with me,
    Enduring riches and righteousness.
    19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold,
    And my revenue than choice silver.
    20 I traverse the way of righteousness,
    In the midst of the paths of justice,
    21 That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
    That I may fill their treasuries.
    22 “The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
    Before His works of old.
    23 I have been established from everlasting,
    From the beginning, before there was ever an earth
    24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, [Let there be light!]
    When there were no fountains abounding with water.
    25 Before the mountains were settled,
    Before the hills, I was brought forth; [Let there be light!]
    26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
    Or the primal dust of the world.
    27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
    When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
    28 When He established the clouds above,
    When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
    29 When He assigned to the sea its limit,
    So that the waters would not transgress His command,
    When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
    30 Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
    And I was daily His delight,
    Rejoicing always before Him,
    31 Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
    And my delight was with the sons of men.
    32 “Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
    For blessed are those who keep my ways.
    33 Hear instruction and be wise,
    And do not disdain it.
    34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
    Watching daily at my gates,
    Waiting at the posts of my doors.
    35 For whoever finds me finds life,
    And obtains favor from the Lord

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world."

The Greek word for "world" here is kosmos. It literally means all the world or universe.

Blog Entries

And my sister, your point is what? That it had to take a span of days, weeks, years for this to happen? If you wish to use 2 Peter 3:8 as your reference, where does it appear in scripture in reference to the creation of everything? Or are you basing it on an outside influence, such as what we humans know about plant and animal life now? We have to remember that God is not confined by time: He is outside of it. As a moot point, He created time as we know it.

On this point I am not going to get into a long, drawn out argument about this: mostly because in Genesis the word Yom is used for day morning and evening, which in the OT is a literal day as we understand it. But this is something that has driven wedges between people since it started to be debated when fossils were being discovered. Humans have always tried to put time as it applies to God in some sort of box, without thinking that the One who created everything also created this thing called time we try to put His works in.

I do love you, sis: but on this I will agree to disagree.
    I don't see a reason to argue.

My point is to say taken literally, the 3rd day there was vegetation, (Genesis 1) and yet there was not vegetation when man was created on the 6th day. (Genesis 2)

I can see the example I gave as an inconsistency or something else.
    At this point something else is my choice.
    Peace to you!

If anyone makes the assistance of grace to believe the gospel depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" - Council of Orange

If you do not believe in a literal 6 days of creation, I suppose you could believe that. But He says what He created on each day, and I ascribe that to a 24 hour time frame, not 24 years, or 240 years, or 24 million years. A day is a day in the creation account, as far as I believe.
    Absolutely. My point was that there's room for both views in the creation account. That the animals Adam named were adult (does the text say they were? I don't think it matters) is not evidence for or against evolution, so it's a moot point.

Blog Entries

My point is to say taken literally, the 3rd day there was vegetation, (Genesis 1) and yet there was not vegetation when man was created on the 6th day. (Genesis 2)

Great points and questions scooby snacks. Found this, it answers your questions for the most part. Read it twice, lots there.

https://answersingenesis.org/contrad...ct-each-other/

and this his one to is good.

https://answersingenesis.org/contrad...tion-accounts/

The short answer is there is no contradiction or inconsistency, just different detail and angles of examination.

seek and you will find!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Blog Entries

Absolutely. My point was that there's room for both views in the creation account. That the animals Adam named were adult (does the text say they were? I don't think it matters) is not evidence for or against evolution, so it's a moot point.

There seems much room in the Word of God for many differing views from Genesis to Revelation, (and yet still be saved) the body is quite divided on some issues. Some serious, some peripheral. It's always frustrated me that this happens (personally speaking)

What I do know is that 2 diametrically opposing "truths" can't simultaneously be true truth.

So out there, amongst all the fog, the truth sits and waits to be discovered.

So although, God lovingly allows us great latitude (I believe) if what we beleive (on some things) it must frustrate him to see us stumbling in the dark.

I often wonder is this our fault or His? Is it really this hard to figure out the truths of His Word? Or is it that we have not done our due diligence in really looking and prayerfully asking for answers?

I personally don't care what the truth is. Long age, short age, medium aged, whatever, I just want the truth. I still have yet to see any compelling evidence that negates the young earth position...(except mans potentially fallible interpretation)

PS TONY: Awesome find there brother! That's a fascinating look at those verses, I like it!

It's also great to see us all talking and reasoning rather than slinging mud!

"Come and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;" ...Isaiah 1:18

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    There seems much room in the Word of God for many differing views from Genesis to Revelation, (and yet still be saved) the body is quite divided on some issues. Some serious, some peripheral. It's always frustrated me that this happens (personally speaking)

What I do know is that 2 diametrically opposing "truths" can't simultaneously be true truth.

So out there, amongst all the fog, the truth sits and waits to be discovered.

So although, God lovingly allows us great latitude (I believe) if what we beleive (on some things) it must frustrate him to see us stumbling in the dark.

I often wonder is this our fault or His? Is it really this hard to figure out the truths of His Word? Or is it that we have not done our due diligence in really looking and prayerfully asking for answers?

I personally don't care what the truth is. Long age, short age, medium aged, whatever, I just want the truth. I still have yet to see any compelling evidence that negates the young earth position...(except mans potentially fallible interpretation)
    Alternatively God could be delighted that we're working our way to the truth on these things. If it's anyone's fault that we haven't gotten there yet I would assume the blame lies with us as sinful people. Does this need to be a divisive topic? No.

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying about Genesis 2. Where does it say there was no vegetation when man was created?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    PS TONY: Awesome find there brother! That's a fascinating look at those verses, I like it!

It's also great to see us all talking and reasoning rather than slinging mud!

"Come and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;" ...Isaiah 1:18
    Thanks. I have found that the OT is all about Jesus. It is just coded and hidden until it was revealed in the NT. Now that we have the NT we can go back and discover much about Jesus in the OT. Perhaps, I will start a thread about these things, for there are many examples. Jesus is called by name in the OT as the Lord our Righteousness. The OT explains what happened to the sins that Jesus bore on the cross. The OT tells Jesus' cause of death on the cross. Etc. My faith has exploded since finding these things. I guess I should share them.

Blog Entries

Alternatively God could be delighted that we're working our way to the truth on these things. If it's anyone's fault that we haven't gotten there yet I would assume the blame lies with us as sinful people. Does this need to be a divisive topic? No.
    Agree wholeheartly.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

Thread Information