View Poll Results: What Do YOU Believe?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • God created all, as stated in Genesis; fully formed creations, reproducing after their kind.

52 92.86%
  • God created all, using macro-evolution. Simple organisms to man over millions of years.

3 5.36%
  • Multiple Gods/entities (who we don't know anything about) created everything we see.

0 0%
  • We were seeded by aliens from another area of the universe or dimension.

0 0%
  • We don't know what created us and the universe. Some unknown force is behind all reality.

0 0%
  • I don't know what I believe, I am still on the fence.

1 1.79%
  • It does not matter what you believe, I don't care.

0 0%
Page 1 of 17 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do YOU Believe?

Blog Entries

What Do YOU Believe?

I was genuinely curious what people beleive.

Please add your perspective, question(s) or comments!

Regards

~bsky
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Re: What Do YOU Believe?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I was genuinely curious what people beleive.

Please add your perspective, question(s) or comments!

Regards

~bsky
    Option1, though I can fellowship with those who see how and when God created differently than myself.

Here is my thought on all of this. First comes faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. That is the foundation of any study of origins, and faith in Him will never fail us no matter what. Faith in Jesus Christ is also witnessed to us by the indwelling Holy Spirit. Faith opens the door to the consideration of these other topics, and really all of Theology and a host of other really intellectual contemplations, at least in my opinion. When we have our foundation sure, we can consider the range of potential explanations without fear in searching for truth.

If the foundation of our faith is in a six day creation, or a literal flood, etc.; then I think we have a misplaced faith. I don't mean to be critical of those beliefs, but only to point to the proper foundation we all should have.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Blog Entries

Agree Watchinginawe, nicely said. I concur wholeheartly.

I can and do have many friends in Christ who beleive differently, for whatever reason, this is ok!

My purpose of this thread and discussion -of the Young Earth et al- is not meant to replace Jesus as our foundation -no, far from it- I but try to show that Gods Word can be trusted in all it says. Even in the seemingly difficult things.

The Bible I feel is one large tapestry, each part connected to the whole. Unravelling one part affects the whole in some degree. If one is not careful, one small loose thread can undo the enitre thing (for some)

The Truth indeed sets you free!

Thanks so much for the comments.

46“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” John 5

For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. 2 Peter 3

edit: For me, Jesus giving credence to the writings of Moses, is about as foundational as it gets!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Just as Adam and Eve were created fully developed and with an appearance of age and history, I believe that is how God created all things, (including the earth, the stars, etc). Some people oppose this, arguing that it would make God deceptive, but that is not at all the case. For example, Jesus turned the water into wine. The wine appeared to have a history of once being grapes, being squeezed, and fermented etc, but it was not as it appeared to be. Yet there was no deception in it. It was a miracle.

Man is being fooled because he is depending on the way things appear to His eyes instead of having faith, believing in God's Word. Just like when they thought that maggots in rotten meat was "spontaneous generation".
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glad4mercy View Post
    Just as Adam and Eve were created fully developed and with an appearance of age and history, I believe that is how God created all things, (including the earth, the stars, etc). Some people oppose this, arguing that it would make God deceptive, but that is not at all the case. For example, Jesus turned the water into wine. The wine appeared to have a history of once being grapes, being squeezed, and fermented etc, but it was not as it appeared to be. Yet there was no deception in it. It was a miracle.

Man is being fooled because he is depending on the way things appear to His eyes instead of having faith, believing in God's Word. Just like when they thought that maggots in rotten meat was "spontaneous generation".
    Precisely Glad4 mercy! Its not deceptive, its the nature of a miracle! There is a difference!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Quote Originally Posted by watchinginawe View Post
    Option1,

If the foundation of our faith is in a six day creation, or a literal flood, etc.; then I think we have a misplaced faith. I don't mean to be critical of those beliefs, but only to point to the proper foundation we all should have.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    I agree that the foundation of our faith can only be the death and resurrection of Jeaus Christ.
    Which we learn from the Holy Bible.
    And also(John 1) that Jesus Christ is the Creator of all things.

So how can anyone say they trust Jesus Christ if the don't trust Him to have Created the world and everything in it in 6 literal, 24 hour days?
    I don't believe anyone has the right to pick and choose what to believe.

Either the Holy Bible is God's Word, and therefore totally reliable from beginning to end, in which case I must decide to believe it from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22:21 (no matter what so called scientists are choosing to believe at the moment.)
    OR
    The whole thing is man made and open to discussion and a variety of points of view

I selected Option 1, but I should put an asterisk after it. I believe the literal Genesis account as a Gap Theorist would understand it. I also believe Noah's Flood was a large flood, but not necessarily global. The Biblical text allows one to understand the literal Genesis text in this manner. I do not believe in evolution. I am an OEC.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

First choice.

A quality concerning the belt of truth as part of the Armor of God is that "truth" part. The Bible is ALL truth and when this is believed, then the rest of the armor and what the meaning of each piece is all about, will be stable in a disciples life. That belt, as part of the Roman soldier's armor, held everything firmly to the soldier and spiritually, if a Christian is not firm in trusting the truth of the Bible, then this lack of being firm will cause them to lack in firmness concerning all the other elements of the armor.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Blog Entries

Is no one going to click anther box? Yikes. Ted? Someone has to This is crazy. Do we all actually believes Genesis ?

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James_Roberts View Post
    I selected Option 1, but I should put an asterisk after it. I believe the literal Genesis account as a Gap Theorist would understand it. I also believe Noah's Flood was a large flood, but not necessarily global. The Biblical text allows one to understand the literal Genesis text in this manner. I do not believe in evolution. I am an OEC.
    Glad to see your not in the EV camp. I respect your take on Genesis. Tho, I tend to disagree... but thats ok. We can talk about it? Ya?

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    I agree that the foundation of our faith can only be the death and resurrection of Jeaus Christ.
    Which we learn from the Holy Bible.
    And also(John 1) that Jesus Christ is the Creator of all things.

So how can anyone say they trust Jesus Christ if the don't trust Him to have Created the world and everything in it in 6 literal, 24 hour days?
    I don't believe anyone has the right to pick and choose what to believe.

Either the Holy Bible is God's Word, and therefore totally reliable from beginning to end, in which case I must decide to believe it from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22:21 (no matter what so called scientists are choosing to believe at the moment.)
    OR
    The whole thing is man made and open to discussion and a variety of points of view

Amen. Nicely stated brother.

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Is no one going to click anther box? Yikes. Ted? Someone has to This is crazy. Do we all actually believe Genesis ?
    There you go, bluesky. Just for you. But hey, I actually believe Genesis as well.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    There you go, bluesky. Just for you. But hey, I actually believe Genesis as well.
    I know brother! Lol thanks!

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Glad to see your not in the EV camp. I respect your take on Genesis. Tho, I tend to disagree... but thats ok. We can talk about it? Ya?
    Discussions on the Gap Theory tend to get quite heated. I am convinced by the Holy Spirit the Gap Theory is correct because He revealed that to me when I was a Seeker. With respect to Noah's Flood, that can get even more heated. I'm not totally convinced one way or the other, but I tend to believe it was a massive, but localized flood covering the Mediterranean and Black Seas. I've studied the Day-Age concept of interpreting Genesis but I'm not convinced. Reconciliation of the Bible and science is important to me, but ultimately, I am a Christian by faith.

Blog Entries

I didn't answer the poll but I did want to share that it seems more possible to me that some form of evolution was involved in creation, rather than instant and complete formation of all creatures and things.
    I also see Genesis as symbolic in some aspects rather than literal, which gives another reason for my answers.

Before I came to believe in God, while sitting on a friends porch the leaves of a plant stood out to me. I noticed their intricacy and that every single plant, animal, growing thing was not the same as another, yet all things worked together in perfection. This is when I believed in God. It was a distinct moment.

I believe in intelligent design, (maybe not the "intelligent design" that science defines, but that God's greatness is shown in His amazing creation)
    God's intelligence is so far beyond mine, that what we or science understands regarding how things are formed and grow and change on this earth, are ways to discover God's intelligence, rather than our own.
    Peace to you!

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
    (Matthew 5:5)

Thread Information