Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scriptural capabilities of the Immortal Body to come...

Scriptural capabilities of the Immortal Body to come...

There are plenty of serious discussions on this board. Every now and then I think it is good to throw in a light-hearted thread. While living in the earthly tent and dealing with everyday life it can be refreshing to build our hope by looking at what is to come. Here are a few passages about things to come that involve the abilities of our Immortal Bodies.

Habakkuk 1:5 “Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed.
    For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

Revelation 2:
    26 "And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
    27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’"

Psalms 110:3 LXX
    "With thee is dominion in the day of thy power, in the splendours of thy saints: I have begotten thee from the womb before the morning."

Isaiah 11:14 "But they shall fly down upon the shoulder of the Philistines toward the west; Together they shall plunder the people of the East; They shall lay their hand on Edom and Moab; And the people of Ammon shall obey them."

Isaiah 60:8 “Who are these who fly like a cloud, And like doves to their roosts?"

Isaiah 31:5 "Like birds flying about, So will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, He will also deliver it; Passing over, He will preserve it.”

Jeremiah 49:22 "Behold, He shall come up and fly like the eagle, And spread His wings over Bozrah; The heart of the mighty men of Edom in that day shall be Like the heart of a woman in birth pangs."

Psalms 90:
    10 "Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away."

Isaiah 40:
    28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
    29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    "

Isaiah 5:26
    "He lifts up a banner for the distant nations, he whistles for those at the ends of the earth.
    Here they come, swiftly and speedily! 27 Not one of them grows tired or stumbles, not one slumbers or sleeps; not a belt is loosened at the waist, not a sandal strap is broken. 28 Their arrows are sharp, all their bows are strung; their horses’ hooves seem like flint, their chariot wheels like a whirlwind. 29 Their roar is like that of the lion, they roar like young lions; they growl as they seize their prey and carry it off with no one to rescue. 30 In that day they will roar over it like the roaring of the sea. And if one looks at the land, there is only darkness and distress; even the sun will be darkened by clouds."

I saved my favorite for last. Here it is!

Joel 2:1
    "Blow the trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand:
    3 A fire devours before them, And behind them a flame burns; The land is like the Garden of Eden before them, And behind them a desolate wilderness; Surely nothing shall escape them. 4 Their appearance is like the appearance of horses; And like swift steeds, so they run. 5 With a noise like chariots Over mountaintops they leap, Like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble, Like a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before them the people writhe in pain; All faces are drained of color. 7 They run like mighty men, They climb the wall like men of war; Every one marches in formation, And they do not break ranks. 8 They do not push one another; Every one marches in his own column. Though they lunge between the weapons,
    They are not cut down. 9 They run to and fro in the city, They run on the wall; They climb into the houses, They enter at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth quakes before them, The heavens tremble; The sun and moon grow dark, And the stars diminish their brightness. 11 The Lord gives voice before His army, For His camp is very great; For strong is the One who executes His word. For the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; Who can endure it?

There are other passages. Feel free to add to this list. Enjoy!

Re: Scriptural capabilities of the Immortal Body to come...

I don't know about scriptural support but I think this could be a fascinating discussion, as the new bodies could make for a pretty inspiring motivation to not give up!

I think flying will almost certainly be a part of it. I'd really like teleportation, too! Not needing oxygen or being affected by hot/cold would be helpful, because then we could explore the universe. God has put a lot of effort into it so it seems reasonable that he'd want to show it off to us in greater detail at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Endtime_Survivors View Post
    I don't know about scriptural support but I think this could be a fascinating discussion, as the new bodies could make for a pretty inspiring motivation to not give up!

I think flying will almost certainly be a part of it. I'd really like teleportation, too! Not needing oxygen or being affected by hot/cold would be helpful, because then we could explore the universe. God has put a lot of effort into it so it seems reasonable that he'd want to show it off to us in greater detail at some point.
    Your request to be immune from the intense heat of the sun will be granted.

Isaiah 49:10 They shall neither hunger nor thirst, Neither heat nor sun shall strike them; For He who has mercy on them will lead them, Even by the springs of water He will guide them.

When you cannot die or experience pain, there is no limit to the possibilities.

Isaiah 40:28 "They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Isn't gonna be cool to go for a jog, say from Seattle to Miami, and be just as fresh when we get there as when we left. We may not want to fly all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    When you cannot die or experience pain, there is no limit to the possibilities.
    Like bunjie jumping without a rope, or jumping out of a plane without a parachute, or hand feeding the sharks...with your own hand.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Like bunjie jumping without a rope, or jumping out of a plane without a parachute, or hand feeding the sharks...with your own hand.
    Hey, whatever floats your boat! Just think about all the practical jokes that would be available with no consequences!

Interesting thread, Just found it(cuz i was stalking you )

I agree with most of the Stuff you posted here (still tracking on the Rapture being a birth and all relevant passage to this concept).

This is a good list i hope to add to it a little later.

Looking foreward to being able finally to run

Quote Originally Posted by IMINXTC View Post
    My friend, running is just the beginning...

Isaiah 35:5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
    And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
    6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
    And the tongue of the dumb sing.

1 Peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IMINXTC View Post
    Usain Bolts days are numbered .
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Appear and disappear - transport instantly:
    Mark 9:4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
    Mark 9:8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    There are plenty of serious discussions on this board. Every now and then I think it is good to throw in a light-hearted thread. While living in the earthly tent and dealing with everyday life it can be refreshing to build our hope by looking at what is to come. Here are a few passages about things to come that involve the abilities of our Immortal Bodies.

Habakkuk 1:5 “Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed.
    For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

Revelation 2:
    26 "And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—
    27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’"

Psalms 110:3 LXX
    "With thee is dominion in the day of thy power, in the splendours of thy saints: I have begotten thee from the womb before the morning."

Isaiah 11:14 "But they shall fly down upon the shoulder of the Philistines toward the west; Together they shall plunder the people of the East; They shall lay their hand on Edom and Moab; And the people of Ammon shall obey them."

Isaiah 60:8 “Who are these who fly like a cloud, And like doves to their roosts?"

Isaiah 31:5 "Like birds flying about, So will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, He will also deliver it; Passing over, He will preserve it.”

Jeremiah 49:22 "Behold, He shall come up and fly like the eagle, And spread His wings over Bozrah; The heart of the mighty men of Edom in that day shall be Like the heart of a woman in birth pangs."

Psalms 90:
    10 "Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away."

Isaiah 40:
    28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
    29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    "

Isaiah 5:26
    "He lifts up a banner for the distant nations, he whistles for those at the ends of the earth.
    Here they come, swiftly and speedily! 27 Not one of them grows tired or stumbles, not one slumbers or sleeps; not a belt is loosened at the waist, not a sandal strap is broken. 28 Their arrows are sharp, all their bows are strung; their horses’ hooves seem like flint, their chariot wheels like a whirlwind. 29 Their roar is like that of the lion, they roar like young lions; they growl as they seize their prey and carry it off with no one to rescue. 30 In that day they will roar over it like the roaring of the sea. And if one looks at the land, there is only darkness and distress; even the sun will be darkened by clouds."

I saved my favorite for last. Here it is!

Joel 2:1
    "Blow the trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand:
    3 A fire devours before them, And behind them a flame burns; The land is like the Garden of Eden before them, And behind them a desolate wilderness; Surely nothing shall escape them. 4 Their appearance is like the appearance of horses; And like swift steeds, so they run. 5 With a noise like chariots Over mountaintops they leap, Like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble, Like a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before them the people writhe in pain; All faces are drained of color. 7 They run like mighty men, They climb the wall like men of war; Every one marches in formation, And they do not break ranks. 8 They do not push one another; Every one marches in his own column. Though they lunge between the weapons,
    They are not cut down. 9 They run to and fro in the city, They run on the wall; They climb into the houses, They enter at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth quakes before them, The heavens tremble; The sun and moon grow dark, And the stars diminish their brightness. 11 The Lord gives voice before His army, For His camp is very great; For strong is the One who executes His word. For the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; Who can endure it?

There are other passages. Feel free to add to this list. Enjoy!
    Our dominion over the earth, given us by God, enables us to enjoy the traits and characteristics of the creatures that exist on earth. I recently flew in a Boeing Jet across the Atlantic Ocean--didn't have to be a bird, or fly like superman.

I don't think we will put on bodies like Spiderman or like any one of the Marvel or DC superheroes. But I do think we are told our new immortal bodies will be a little incomprehensible, based on what we have now. Most importantly we won't be able to sin. I think it will be clear that we will no longer choose to rebel against God, if we are counted among the saints.

Some may express some regret, perhaps, over the loss of gender. But we should be quick to add that whatever we have in our present bodies, and I want to be modest, we will have something much better in the ages to come!

The state of suspended animation that all humans experience after death. Jesus said about Lazarus: He has fallen asleep… but then He clarified that Lazarus was really dead. John 11:11-14 Paul often mentions those who sleep in death. However it is instantaneous: from death to Judgement.
    So Lazarus’s resurrection was a preview of the saints raised with Jesus at His resurrection and those saints who will be raised at His Return, Revelation 20:4
    They all received and will receive earthly bodies, that are subject to death again.

I believe that when a person dies their soul goes back to God, who made it and because with God there is no time; then at the Great White Throne Judgement, after the Millennium, that soul; along with every soul that ever lived, is made conscious again at the time of Judgement. Revelation 20:12, There is no knowledge of any time passing between death and Judgement, just as Hebrews 9:27 says; It is the human lot to die once, then comes the Judgement.
    The parable about Abraham and Lazarus, the beggar: is a scene AFTER that GWT Judgement, a homily for all to realize what our fate will be if we refuse to honor God.
    But as Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56, there will be some Christians alive at the end of the Millennium, who will never die, they will be transformed at the Judgement into immortality, along with all the rest whose names are Written in the Book of Life.

The flesh we currently inhabit will never be reconstituted, those worthy to go into Eternity with God will be spiritual beings. Matthew 22:30 In the resurrection…..they are like the angels in heaven.

Job 14:10-15 When a human dies, all his power vanishes, he is like a dried up river. So mortal man lies down and never to rise, until the heavens be no more!
    Lord, I ask that You hide me in the grave, conceal me until Your wrath has passed, then Lord; remember me at Your appointed time! I will wait, however long it takes for the change to come. Then, You will summon me and I will answer: I am the work of Your hands.

The sequence is:
    1/ We all die. The only exceptions will be those remaining alive at the end of the Millennium.
    2/ The Lord’s wrath will pass; all as is prophesied to happen. Revelation 15:1
    3/ The dead know nothing until the Appointed time for the Great White Throne Judgement, when there will be new heavens and a new earth. Revelation 21:1-4
    4/ Then, for those whose names are written in the Book of Life, the change will come; into immortality for Eternity. As described in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Soul sleep is the state of suspended animation that all humans experience after death.
    According to this forum (and Scripture), Soul-Sleep is false doctrine. Christians are directly in the presence of the Lord in Heaven and certainly not asleep. Those who are not is Christ are in Hades, where they are also very much alive.

As to the capabilities of the immortal body, it will be similar to that of angels.

Daniel 567; I have changed my post, as soul sleep is not actually the correct way to describe what happens after death. For the dead person, it will be in the next instant that they face the GWT Judgement.

But the idea that Christian people go immediately to live in heaven at their death, contradicts scripture about the Judgement. Surely Judgement must come first?

Thread Information