Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jesus in the Old Testament

Re: Jesus in the Old Testament

Isaiah 62:11 “...Say to daughter Zion, surely Your Salvation is coming; Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him”
    Do you see it? Salvation is coming; His reward is with Him, His work is before Him. Salvation is a He! I wasn't dreaming after all. Salvation is a Person or Being. His, Him, His, Him. In case we are a bit slow, Isaiah declares four times that Salvation is a He. How can that be? How can a concept or a thing be a He? Now, how does this crazy idea look? Salvation is in fact a He. His name is Jesus. (Hebrew word for Salvation here is spelled Yesha) Therefore we can translate the verse this way:

“...Say to daughter Zion, surely Your Jesus is coming; Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him”

Earlier we showed how Jesus is described as a Branch or an Arm of God. There is a corresponding verse in Isaiah that backs up the claim we just made here.

Isaiah 40:10 “Behold, the Lord God shall come with a strong hand, and His Arm shall rule for Him; Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.”

Salvation in the first example is the Arm of God in the second one. The Arm that shall rule for God. Salvation is the Arm of God. Still not sure? Jesus, himself, says:

Revelation 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.”

Notice the difference between the statements of Jesus and Isaiah? Jesus says his reward is with him, but doesn't say anything about his work before him. When Revelation was written, Jesus had long since been resurrected. He said many times while walking the earth that he was doing the work that his father sent him to do. His last words on the cross were, “It is finished.” So we can clearly discern from this comparison that Jesus fulfilled this part of the Isaiah prophecy while he walked this earth. His earthly work is finished. Only his rewards remain to be given to his followers. Salvation is, in fact, a person. His name is Jesus. He was who he said he was. He is who he said he is. He will be who he said he will be. The clues are everywhere. Still skeptical of Jesus and Salvation being one in the same?

Luke 19:9-10 “And Jesus said to him, 'Today Salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.'”
    JESUS...SAID...TODAY...SALVATION...HAS...COME...TO ...THIS...HOUSE!

I took you through the long journey to show that the very name of Jesus and Salvation are one and the same. In the Hebrew, the names are identical. Is there any better proof than the lips of the Son of God, himself? This is part of the story of Jesus going to the house of Zaccaeus.Earlier we showed how Jesus is described as a Branch or an Arm of God. There is a corresponding verse in Isaiah that backs up the claim we just made here.

Isaiah 40:10 “Behold, the Lord God shall come with a strong hand, and His Arm shall rule for Him; Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.”

Salvation in the first example is the Arm of God in the second one. The Arm that shall rule for God. Salvation is the Arm of God. Still not sure? Jesus, himself, says:

Revelation 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.”

Notice the difference between the statements of Jesus and Isaiah? Jesus says his reward is with him, but doesn't say anything about his work before him. When Revelation was written, Jesus had long since been resurrected. He said many times while walking the earth that he was doing the work that his father sent him to do. His last words on the cross were, “It is finished.” So we can clearly discern from this comparison that Jesus fulfilled this part of the Isaiah prophecy while he walked this earth. His earthly work is finished. Only his rewards remain to be given to his followers. Salvation is, in fact, a person. His name is Jesus. He was who he said he was. He is who he said he is. He will be who he said he will be. The clues are everywhere. Still skeptical of Jesus and Salvation being one in the same?

Luke 19:9-10 “And Jesus said to him, 'Today Salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.'”
    JESUS...SAID...TODAY...SALVATION...HAS...COME...TO ...THIS...HOUSE!

I took you through the long journey to show that the very name of Jesus and Salvation are one and the same. In the Hebrew, the names are identical. Is there any better proof than the lips of the Son of God, himself? This is part of the story of Jesus going to the house of Zaccaeus.

Isaiah 52:10 “...All the ends of the earth shall see The Salvation of our God.”

The Hebrew word for Salvation here is Yeshuah. The Hebrew word for God here is Elohim with the pronoun “our.” The word “of” is not in the Hebrew. Therefore we can translate:

“...All the ends of the earth shall see Jesus our God.”

Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my Salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my Salvation.”

Once again the Hebrew word for Salvation here is Yeshuah used twice. Lord is Yahweh. Therefore we can say:

“Behold, God is my Jesus, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yahweh is my strength and song; And also He has become my Jesus.”

Psalms 70:4 “...And let those who love your Salvation say continually, 'Let God be magnified!'”

Hebrew word again for Salvation is Yeshuah. King David has the honor of declaring that Jesus is God.

“...And let those who love Jesus say continually, 'Let God be magnified!'”

Genesis 49:18 “I have waited for your Salvation, O Lord!”

Again Yeshuah. This was said by Jacob himself on his deathbed. He is the Patriarch of Israel. In fact God changed his name to Israel. His sons are the tribes of Israel.

“I have waited for your Jesus, O Yahweh!”

Psalms 118:21-22 “I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.”

Repeatedly Yeshuah was translated as salvation. Yeshuah is Jesus. Jesus is called the cornerstone elsewhere in scripture. Why not here?

“I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my Jesus. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.”

These are only a few examples, but I think you get the point. There are hundreds of examples we could pick from to show that the very name and purpose of Jesus is all throughout the Tanakh/Old Testament. I have not gone through every one of them, I will admit. But, just about every one that I did research, would be accurate to interchange Jesus and Salvation. There is, however, one verse that is of particular interest as it gives the name of Jesus, his title, and his purpose. All wrapped up in one verse in the Old Testament.

Habakkuk 3:13 “You went forth for the salvation of your people, for Salvation with your Anointed. You struck the head from the house of the wicked, by laying bare from foundation to neck.”

Hebrew word for Salvation is Yesha, and for Anointed it is Messiah or Christ. “With” isn't in the Hebrew. Translators add words to make the English flow better. But, by doing this, they decimate some of the most profound verses. Therefore, we can translate:

“You went forth for the salvation of your people, Jesus your Messiah (Christ). You struck the head from the house of the wicked, by laying bare from foundation to neck.”

This is big. “You went forth for the salvation of your people, Jesus Christ.” Habakkuk has the honor of being the first to tell us about Jesus the Messiah. Jesus went forth (from heaven) for our salvation. Yes he did. When Jesus died on the cross he took upon himself all the sin of the world. He defeated sin and death when he rose from the dead. He saved us all. He gave us salvation as a free gift. Next, Habakkuk tells what Jesus did. He struck the head of Satan by stripping his power and authority over death. O Death, where is your victory!?

I just have to take a moment to step back and tip my hat to this man, Habakkuk. His writings are probably among the least read passages of scripture. He is considered a minor prophet and yet he was given this bombshell of revelation. Here's to you, my friend. Til we meet someday in the kingdom of heaven...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    Isaiah 52:10 “...All the ends of the earth shall see The Salvation of our God.”

The Hebrew word for Salvation here is Yeshuah. The Hebrew word for God here is Elohim with the pronoun “our.” The word “of” is not in the Hebrew. Therefore we can translate:

“...All the ends of the earth shall see Jesus our God.”

Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my Salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my Salvation.”

Once again the Hebrew word for Salvation here is Yeshuah used twice. Lord is Yahweh. Therefore we can say:

“Behold, God is my Jesus, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yahweh is my strength and song; And also He has become my Jesus.”

Psalms 70:4 “...And let those who love your Salvation say continually, 'Let God be magnified!'”

Hebrew word again for Salvation is Yeshuah. King David has the honor of declaring that Jesus is God.

“...And let those who love Jesus say continually, 'Let God be magnified!'”

Genesis 49:18 “I have waited for your Salvation, O Lord!”

Again Yeshuah. This was said by Jacob himself on his deathbed. He is the Patriarch of Israel. In fact God changed his name to Israel. His sons are the tribes of Israel.

“I have waited for your Jesus, O Yahweh!”

Psalms 118:21-22 “I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.”

Repeatedly Yeshuah was translated as salvation. Yeshuah is Jesus. Jesus is called the cornerstone elsewhere in scripture. Why not here?

“I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my Jesus. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.”

These are only a few examples, but I think you get the point. There are hundreds of examples we could pick from to show that the very name and purpose of Jesus is all throughout the Tanakh/Old Testament. I have not gone through every one of them, I will admit. But, just about every one that I did research, would be accurate to interchange Jesus and Salvation. There is, however, one verse that is of particular interest as it gives the name of Jesus, his title, and his purpose. All wrapped up in one verse in the Old Testament.

Habakkuk 3:13 “You went forth for the salvation of your people, for Salvation with your Anointed. You struck the head from the house of the wicked, by laying bare from foundation to neck.”

Hebrew word for Salvation is Yesha, and for Anointed it is Messiah or Christ. “With” isn't in the Hebrew. Translators add words to make the English flow better. But, by doing this, they decimate some of the most profound verses. Therefore, we can translate:

“You went forth for the salvation of your people, Jesus your Messiah (Christ). You struck the head from the house of the wicked, by laying bare from foundation to neck.”

This is big. “You went forth for the salvation of your people, Jesus Christ.” Habakkuk has the honor of being the first to tell us about Jesus the Messiah. Jesus went forth (from heaven) for our salvation. Yes he did. When Jesus died on the cross he took upon himself all the sin of the world. He defeated sin and death when he rose from the dead. He saved us all. He gave us salvation as a free gift. Next, Habakkuk tells what Jesus did. He struck the head of Satan by stripping his power and authority over death. O Death, where is your victory!?

I just have to take a moment to step back and tip my hat to this man, Habakkuk. His writings are probably among the least read passages of scripture. He is considered a minor prophet and yet he was given this bombshell of revelation. Here's to you, my friend. Til we meet someday in the kingdom of heaven...

Awesome. .............

“Dispensationalism has thrown down the gauntlet: and it is high time that Covenant theologians take up the challenge and respond Biblically.” – Dr. Robert L. Reymond, author, A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith

True Truth Exists, & Can Be Found.

Blog Entries

They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the [c]cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 Then the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you? Genesis 3:8

Who was walking in the garden?

Where are you?

“Dispensationalism has thrown down the gauntlet: and it is high time that Covenant theologians take up the challenge and respond Biblically.” – Dr. Robert L. Reymond, author, A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith

True Truth Exists, & Can Be Found.

There is a reference to Jesus in Genesis prior to 3:8.

It is actually in Genesis 1:1.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV English)
    “Barasheet bara Elohim et ha’shamayim v’et ha’retz” (transliterated Hebrew)

The Hebrew 'et' is formed from the Hebrew letters the 'Aleph and the Tav'; translated back into English as: 'the A and the Z' or from the Greek perspective, 'the Alpha and the Omega'.

Revelation
    1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Jesus Christ, from the first chapter of the bible, to the last chapter of the bible, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.....The IAM that IAM.

RE: Falling Away...

I do not believe that anyone "loses" his/her salvation. I do, however, believe that one may choose to reject his/her salvation. I cannot fathom that this happens under any ordinary circumstance or with any notable regularity. However, how can one believe in free will to accept salvation unless there is also free will to renounce salvation?

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    RE: Falling Away...

I do not believe that anyone "loses" his/her salvation. I do, however, believe that one may choose to reject his/her salvation. I cannot fathom that this happens under any ordinary circumstance or with any notable regularity. However, how can one believe in free will to accept salvation unless there is also free will to renounce salvation?
    Just curious,
    So when Jesus changes someone by the Holy Spirit into a new creature; when old things are passed away and all things become new; when he creates a new man by the spirit....

where does scripture say that Jesus undoes this divine metamorphasis?

What scriptures tell us Jesus changes us back to the old man? Changes us back to the old creation?

Many scriptures show the positive (of Him changing us to the new creature man).....

If we can be undone, what scriptures show Jesus undoing the creation He has made?

Even new creations can reject relationship.

salvation is not finalized until death or resurrection.

new creations can and do sin.. If they sin to the point that they consciously reject the HolynSpirit, they then they can certainly apostasize... Change position.

likely? Probably not.

Possible? Yes

otherwise the warning is meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    There is a reference to Jesus in Genesis prior to 3:8.

It is actually in Genesis 1:1.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV English)
    “Barasheet bara Elohim et ha’shamayim v’et ha’retz” (transliterated Hebrew)

The Hebrew 'et' is formed from the Hebrew letters the 'Aleph and the Tav'; translated back into English as: 'the A and the Z' or from the Greek perspective, 'the Alpha and the Omega'.

Revelation
    1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Jesus Christ, from the first chapter of the bible, to the last chapter of the bible, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.....The IAM that IAM.
    Absolutely. When studying the Hebrew I noticed the Aleph Tav many times in verses in and around the name of God. It actually occurs more then 7000 times in the OT and never once is it translated into any other language. Have you ever seen the paleo Hebrew Aleph and Tav? It is an Ox head, which is a symbol for God, and a cross. If I can figure out how to do it here, I will list some of these verses with the Aleph Tav reinserted. It is a very cool sight!

Thread Information