Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121352 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 874

Thread: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Yes Ted is right. Some of us think that back at "Pangea", ( what the earth was roughly like prior to the flood) there was no high mountains like we see today. We know the mountains used to be lower [sea shells on top of mountains ]

    The lost world of Adam and Noah was much different than today. As the contents split apart ( from the breaking open of the fountains of the deep ) and re crashed into each other, the ranges collided ( going up) and the ocean basins were created, ( created to hold all the new flood waters as they receded.)

    Anyway I highly recommend the long version of HPT theory, if nothing else, so you can be on the same page. ( if your interested ) It's long ( @ 2.75 hrs ) but good and rewarding. And yes, it's a theory to interpret the data though the lens of scripture. All the same observations are differently interpreted by evolutionists and long-agers but they do not have the monopoly on the truth however, despite what they seem to portray. We say basically the whole thing happened roughly the same but faster. In end, we may be very close or still a ways off, hard to say.

    The heat issue as Ted describes is addressed to and it's connected to the one and only ice age that happened. Very cool connection.

    Agree Ted, I see no reason why we can't all be nice all the time!

    Peace friends




    Here is the short version.

    Last edited by bluesky22; Jul 14th 2016 at 10:44 AM.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    What I mean is, the surface area of the earth is 510.1 million km^2, and the tallest mountain is roughly ~8,840m above sea level, so rainfall over a period of 40 days and nights would need to cover an area of 510.1 million km^2 to a height of ~8,840m to flood the earth. 40 days and nights is 960 hours, so to get the meter per hour rainfall amount it would be 8,840 / 960, meaning 9.20m (~30ft) of rain per hour, but this doesn't take into account surface area (because I'm a math newb). So if we ignore hydroplate theory for the moment, we'd need to figure out the force of the water falling at a rate of 9.20m per hour, and then if it's too great a force (from the sheer volume of water falling) you could then dial the rainfall back until the force wasn't sufficient to destroy everything it touched, and the leftover water would then be the amount that came from the 'deep'. We could then determine if the amount of water required of the 'deep' is a realistic given what we know of the earth.

    Make sense?
    Yes I think I see what your saying Athanasius, We don't know how hard the rain was for 40 days and 40 nights. It might have been a drizzle, with the bulk of the water coming from subterranean sources. I doubt a drizzle tho, but maybe just a steady rain? Hard to say.

    But I suspect it was a bad heavy rain, as the whole point was to wipe everything out and start again. This event completely reshaped the entire planet and left us with the "geologic record" that we see today, and is largely responsible for all the fossils.

    Noah Builds the Ark
    12God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. 13Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth. 14"Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood; you shall make the ark with rooms, and shall cover it inside and out with pitch.…


    I apologize, this is all on part 1, but I don't mind bringing it up again if you all don't.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,143

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Thanks for those, no need to bring it all back up. It's a creative hypothesis, but I'm with Ted on this one

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    The heat issue as Ted describes is addressed to and it's connected to the one and only ice age that happened. Very cool connection.
    DO you know the approximate time-stamp where they discuss this? I got through the first 45 minutes and recorded some notes, but that was a while ago.

    What do we do with previous ice ages?
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    DO you know the approximate time-stamp where they discuss this? I got through the first 45 minutes and recorded some notes, but that was a while ago.

    What do we do with previous ice ages?
    Unfortunately, I do not brother, I would have to watch it again, which I might do sometime. It was awhile ago for me too. We don't believe there is any evidence for multiple ice ages, only one, after the flood. Heat of the moving plates, heated the oceans and the consequential evaporation lead to heavy snow fall in the areas of the one ice age we know about. This is all in Part 1. Its all in the interpretation of the data.

    The Bible teaches a Global flood, no question. So either it happened or it did not. If it did not, the Bible is wrong. So, if the Bible is Truth (as I believe it is) then it would make sense to look and interpret the data through the eyes of someone who was there (God)

    Low and behold you can see evidence for a global flood from geology to anthropology. Just as we would expect to see.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Thanks for those, no need to bring it all back up. It's a creative hypothesis, but I'm with Ted on this one
    No problem brother, I hope you find the time to watch them. Thats exactly what it is, a creative hypothesis, that may or may not have it right. Exactly what our OE brothers have done.

    We just don't know. It has some merit and issues, as all theories, longer agers included. If people think that there are no issues or problems with the EV theories or OE theories, this goes to show how well the MStream system has taken over. I figured you would be with Ted
    Last edited by bluesky22; Jul 14th 2016 at 07:17 AM.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    In the news...secular version....http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...nantiornithes/



    This nearly 100-million-year-old wing tip features bones, soft tissue, and feathers preserved in amber. It was nicknamed "Angel" because it was originally intended to be used in a pendant called "Angel's Wings." 

    >>>The two new samples, weighing in at only 0.06 and 0.3 ounces (1.6 and 8.51 grams), contain bone structure, tracts of feathers, and soft tissue. They are the first Cretaceous plumage samples to be studied that are not simply isolated feathers, according to study co-author Lida Xing of the China University of Geosciences.<<







    Our version of same stroy....http://www.icr.org/article/9451/

    Stunning Amber Bird Wings
    by Brian Thomas, M.S. *
    Evidence for Creation › Evidence from Science › Evidence from the Life Sciences › Biological Clocks Indicate Recent Creation › Original Biochemistry Shows That Fossils Are Recent

    Newly described bird wings—not just a single feather or a strange-looking fiber or two—rose to the top of a long list of spectacular amber-trapped fossils. Two tiny hatchlings may have seen dinosaurs just before their wings got trapped in fast-flowing tree resin. At least four waves of the magic evolutionary wand would be needed to shove these unique fossils into deep time.

    An international group of authors published technical details about the amber wings in the online journal Nature Communications.1 They identified modern-looking feather shafts, asymmetric flight feathers, brown coloration, and even skin and bone from the baby-bird wings. Some skin sections had decayed, looking clear and thin. Partial carbonization blackened other far less decayed skin sections, presumably from heating. The small feathers remain anchored in skin.

    Locals mined and prepared these ambers from the Angbamo site in Kachin Province of Myanmar (formerly Burma) for jewelry. Lead author of the Nature Communications report Lida Xing led a team who recovered the amber wings from a popular market in Myitkyina, the capital of Kachin. A jewelry designer had been making the wing-containing gems into a pendant called “Angel’s Wings” before the team acquired them.2

    Researchers tentatively identified the amber wing fossils as belonging to a group of extinct but fully formed birds called enantiornitheans. These powered flyers also had claws on their wings, like juvenile hoatzin from today’s Amazonian swamps.

    The Burmese amber is still clear enough to reveal minute details, including the baby feathers’ interlocking barbs and barbules. Ambers darken over time as they react with oxygen. After 100 million years, shouldn’t they all be completely dark, with no feathers or insects visible beneath the polished ancient amber’s opaque surface?3 It’s as though someone waved a magic wand over the amber to keep normal chemistry from happening.

    Long-age thinkers often believe that amber hardens only after long time spans, but like other amber fossils, these “Angel’s Wings” show clear evidence of rapid entombment. The study authors wrote,

    Bi-directional claw marks within the amber flow lines, along with the abundance of decay products in the surrounding resin and the saponified [soapy] appearance of exposed tissue in the apterium, suggest that this specimen may have been at least partially engulfed in resin while still alive, and that much of its decay took place under anaerobic conditions.1

    In other words, one of the little birdies was clawing around, struggling to survive and waving its wings inside the sticky resin. But too much resin flowed too fast for the fledgling to escape. Tiny claw scrapes in one of the two bird wing fossils, as well as varnish familiar to carpenters, show how fast tree resins harden.4

    The two wing fossils preserve hardening lines, where pulses of resin flowed in big blobs and quickly formed an outer crust. Other pulses soon followed, each with its hardening line. Only severely damaged trees emit so much resin in such lump sums. Diggers have been extracting Burmese amber from deposits like Angbamo for decades. What caused all this resin to rapidly pour forth? Did the same catastrophic force that rent so many trees apart also transport these ambers and bury them in sediments?

    One would have to wave the magic wand yet again to cover the biodegradation problem these specimens present. Amber develops cracks as it hardens and dries. Cracks expose the interior to microbes. Some fungi even consume the chemicals that comprise amber itself.5 After 100 million years, shouldn’t microbes have consumed these rich organic sources many times over, leaving no specimen to study?

    And what about the total lack of evolutionary change in so many Burmese amber inclusions? They all look like today’s plants and creatures: fungi, flowers, grasses, ferns, bamboo fragments, click beetles, weevils, moths, grasshoppers, mayflies, caddisflies, lacewings, cockroaches, bark beetles, walking sticks, cicadas, plant bugs, bees, long-horn beetles, ichneumonid wasps, gnats, midges, queen ants, praying mantises, centipedes, millipedes, jumping spiders, ticks, scorpions, garden spiders, nematodes, snail shells,6 lizard feet,7 and gecko feet.8 It’s as though someone waved a magic wand over each creature and suspended its evolution for 100 million years.


    Last, even if amber miraculously withstood the ravages of darkening, cracking, erosion, and consumption by microbes, bird-wing tissues turn to mush and dust according to the universal law of entropy. The mummified skin and bone sections of these tiny wings decayed only partially, leaving whitish bubbles containing tissue byproducts in the amber. The study authors wrote, “Details of the ventral wing surface are partially hidden by decay products and inclusions in the amber.”1 After 100 million years, shouldn’t these wings have completely decayed? The feathers, bones, and skin should no longer exist in such recognizable forms if the wing is really millions of years old.

    These two amber gems preserve evidence of ancient bird life and clearly indicate that those small birds struggled through their last wing flaps in the not-too-distant past—several thousand years ago.

    References

    Xing, L. et al. 2016. Mummified precocial bird wings in mid-Cretaceous Burmese amber. Nature Communications. 7: 12089.
    Romey, K. Rare Dinosaur-Era Bird Wings Found Trapped in Amber. National Geographic. Posted on news.nationalgeographic.com June 28, 2016, accessed June 29, 2016.
    Dunlop, J. A. et al. 2011. Computed tomography recovers data from historical amber: an example from huntsman spiders. Naturwissenschaften. 98 (6): 519-527.
    Man-made amber is called “synthetic polycommunic acid.” See Hatcher, P. G. and D. J. Clifford. 1997. The organic geochemistry of coal: from plant materials to coal. Organic Geochemistry. 27 (5-6): 262.
    See references in Thomas, B. 2013. A Review of Original Tissue Fossils and Their Age Implications. In M. Horstemeyer, ed., Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Creationism. Pittsburgh, PA: Creation Science Fellowship.
    Poinar Jr., G. O., K. L. Chambers, and J. Wunderlich. 2013. Micropetasos, a New Genus of Angiosperms from Mid-Cretaceous Burmese Amber. Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas. 7 (2): 745-750.
    Daza, J. D. et al. 2016. Mid-Cretaceous amber fossils illuminate the past diversity of tropical lizards. Science Advances. 2 (3): e1501080.
    Thomas, B. Fossilized Gecko Fits Creation Model. Creation Science Update. Posted on ICR.org September 8, 2008, accessed June 30, 2016.
    Image credit: © 2016 Nature Communications. Adapted for use in accordance with federal copyright (fair use doctrine) law. Usage by ICR does not imply endorsement of copyright holders.

    *Mr. Thomas is Science Writer at the Institute for Creation Research.

    Article posted on July 11, 2016.


    Instead of seeing the obvious ( that this find is thousands not millions of years old ) the EV OE bias is taken for fact right off the bat.


    Last edited by bluesky22; Jul 14th 2016 at 10:45 AM.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    To many people, Noah’s Ark sounds like a fantastic voyage that never could have happened. Ancient man didn’t have the technology. A single family would not have enough time, manpower, or resources to complete such a massive undertaking.

    Oh really?





    Noah slapped his pen on the desk in frustration. “That won’t work either.” He buried his head in his hands and prayed. O God, help me. Stirred by his wife’s footsteps, he looked up to see her approaching.

    “What’s wrong?” Emzara asked.

    He sighed and raised his hands in frustration. “How can I make it strong enough to hold together in rough seas?”

    “I’m sure you’ll figure it out.” She gently massaged the back of his neck. “The Creator wouldn’t command you to build the Ark without enabling you to do it.”

    He patted her hand softly and nodded. “I know. There’s just so much to think through.”

    Apart from the Ark’s critically important dimensions and a few other features, the Bible reveals very little about God’s instructions to Noah.

    Did the Lord give him detailed plans beyond what we read in Scripture so that Noah only had to prepare the pieces and put them together? Or did Noah have to figure out most details as depicted in this fictional conversation with his wife (whose name is not given in Scripture)?

    Modern skeptics frequently assume that someone living in Noah’s time would have been wholly incapable of building something as large and sophisticated as the Ark. Their views raise several interesting questions that force us to dig deeper and find truths—about God’s Word and His work in history—that we might otherwise miss.

    Read more at...

    https://answersingenesis.org/noahs-a...oah-build-ark/
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  9. #24

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    I'm not all that concerned with YEC or OEC or EV conflicts personally but I do find it disconcerting when the effort put into a evaluating a position or assertion does not seem to match the confidence level.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    The Burmese amber is still clear enough to reveal minute details, including the baby feathers’ interlocking barbs and barbules. Ambers darken over time as they react with oxygen. After 100 million years, shouldn’t they all be completely dark, with no feathers or insects visible beneath the polished ancient amber’s opaque surface?3 It’s as though someone waved a magic wand over the amber to keep normal chemistry from happening.
    The article clearly states that the amber was prepared by a jeweler in order to make a piece of jewelery. This means that the piece of amber was not raw but had had the surface oxidation was removed, it was shaped and polished. Raw amber is not smooth and polished and yes frequently it is not translucent at all until you remove the oxidized surface. This makes the author of the article seem lazy and thoughtless.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post


    Last, even if amber miraculously withstood the ravages of darkening, cracking, erosion, and consumption by microbes, bird-wing tissues turn to mush and dust according to the universal law of entropy. The mummified skin and bone sections of these tiny wings decayed only partially, leaving whitish bubbles containing tissue byproducts in the amber. The study authors wrote, “Details of the ventral wing surface are partially hidden by decay products and inclusions in the amber.”1 After 100 million years, shouldn’t these wings have completely decayed? The feathers, bones, and skin should no longer exist in such recognizable forms if the wing is really millions of years old.

    These two amber gems preserve evidence of ancient bird life and clearly indicate that those small birds struggled through their last wing flaps in the not-too-distant past—several thousand years ago.
    I don't know what universal law of entropy the author is referring to but if they are referring to the second law of thermodynamics then it is completely irrelevant to their argument. Why not get a grasp on some basic scientific concepts before bandying them about or rejecting them. Again this makes the author look lazy or ignorant.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuli View Post
    I'm not all that concerned with YEC or OEC or EV conflicts personally but I do find it disconcerting when the effort put into a evaluating a position or assertion does not seem to match the confidence level.



    The article clearly states that the amber was prepared by a jeweler in order to make a piece of jewelery. This means that the piece of amber was not raw but had had the surface oxidation was removed, it was shaped and polished. Raw amber is not smooth and polished and yes frequently it is not translucent at all until you remove the oxidized surface. This makes the author of the article seem lazy and thoughtless.



    I don't know what universal law of entropy the author is referring to but if they are referring to the second law of thermodynamics then it is completely irrelevant to their argument. Why not get a grasp on some basic scientific concepts before bandying them about or rejecting them. Again this makes the author look lazy or ignorant.
    You do raise a good point I think Vox. However, the article says this :

    Locals mined and prepared these ambers from the Angbamo site in Kachin Province of Myanmar (formerly Burma) for jewelry. Lead author of the Nature Communications report Lida Xing led a team who recovered the amber wings from a popular market in Myitkyina, the capital of Kachin. A jewelry designer had been making the wing-containing gems into a pendant called “Angel’s Wings” before the team acquired them.2
    My Mom used to make jewellery before her death last year. She made the whole familys wedding rings and many otehr pieces. I watched in depth during the process. There are many stages of "making jewellery", you may be assuming here incorrectly that the oxidation was removed when in fact it may not have been (yet). We don't know. The national geo article says this:

    The smaller of the two fossilized wing samples in the current study was nicknamed "Angel" by Xing's team because a jewelry designer originally intended to fashion it into a pendant called "Angel's Wings." When the researchers analyzed the fossil, they observed truncated wing surfaces directly on the amber surface that suggested it had been chipped off of a larger amber inclusion that may have originally included the entire early bird specimen.
    The caption under the picture says this:

    This nearly 100-million-year-old wing tip features bones, soft tissue, and feathers preserved in amber. It was nicknamed "Angel" because it was originally intended to be used in a pendant called "Angel's Wings." 
    The bigger point here I think is that soft tissue was found in the amber that is ASSUMED to be 100 millions years old.

    But I do agree with your point. Perhaps the writer knew more than they wrote, hard to say.

    EDIT: It does appear you are correct Vox, good thinking. The author clearly did not read all the articles. Sloppy indeed, but the rest of the article seems good to me.

    Specimens studied and terminology

    >>>The two amber pieces in this study were collected from the Angbamo site in 2015, and were polished by local miners before the lead author was able to first examine them. For each piece, the resulting finished dimensions are ~21 × 16 × 6mm, with a mass of 1.6g for DIP-V-15100; and ~50 × 25 × 11mm, with a mass of 8.51g for DIP-V-15101.<<<<
    But the soft tissue is still suggestive of a younger age than 100 million year old fossil.


    http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2016/16...omms12089.html

    Our knowledge of Cretaceous plumage is limited by the fossil record itself: compression fossils surrounding skeletons lack the finest morphological details and seldom preserve visible traces of colour, while discoveries in amber have been disassociated from their source animals. Here we report the osteology, plumage and pterylosis of two exceptionally preserved theropod wings from Burmese amber, with vestiges of soft tissues. The extremely small size and osteological development of the wings, combined with their digit proportions, strongly suggests that the remains represent precocial hatchlings of enantiornithine birds. These specimens demonstrate that the plumage types associated with modern birds were present within single individuals of Enantiornithes by the Cenomanian (99 million years ago), providing insights into plumage arrangement and microstructure alongside immature skeletal remains. This finding brings new detail to our understanding of infrequently preserved juveniles, including the first concrete examples of follicles, feather tracts and apteria in Cretaceous avialans.
    Last edited by bluesky22; Jul 13th 2016 at 11:53 PM. Reason: clarity/spelling
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuli View Post
    I'm not all that concerned with YEC or OEC or EV conflicts personally but I do find it disconcerting when the effort put into a evaluating a position or assertion does not seem to match the confidence level.



    The article clearly states that the amber was prepared by a jeweler in order to make a piece of jewelery. This means that the piece of amber was not raw but had had the surface oxidation was removed, it was shaped and polished. Raw amber is not smooth and polished and yes frequently it is not translucent at all until you remove the oxidized surface. This makes the author of the article seem lazy and thoughtless.



    I don't know what universal law of entropy the author is referring to but if they are referring to the second law of thermodynamics then it is completely irrelevant to their argument. Why not get a grasp on some basic scientific concepts before bandying them about or rejecting them. Again this makes the author look lazy or ignorant.

    I contacted the author of the ICR tonight with this issue. Good eye Vox, thanks for bring this to my attention. If they reply I will post it. I even should have read all related articles before posting, my sloppiness. However, the issue still has some merit, sloppiness excluded.

    Regards,

    blue
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    26,420
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Since we're on the topic, has anyone done the math on the volume (speed, and weight) of rainwater that would have needed to fall for the world to flood in 40 days? That is, would it have required such speed and volume that it would have crushed everything in the process?
    I believe the Bible alludes to a lot of ground water. (Genesis 7:11). I don't see where the Bible says 'all' of the water came from rain. It may also have been the beginning of geology and plate dynamics as we know it.
    "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

    - Jesus

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




  14. #29

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I contacted the author of the ICR tonight with this issue. Good eye Vox, thanks for bring this to my attention. If they reply I will post it. I even should have read all related articles before posting, my sloppiness. However, the issue still has some merit, sloppiness excluded.

    Regards,

    blue
    Cool, I have nothing but respect for that.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In a place where we don't need a sun...
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Here is some more soft tissue, this time from a

    Brachylophosaurus canadensis






    http://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jproteome.5b00675

    Mass Spectrometry and Antibody-Based Characterization of Blood Vessels from Brachylophosaurus canadensis

    Structures similar to blood vessels in location, morphology, flexibility, and transparency have been recovered after demineralization of multiple dinosaur cortical bone fragments from multiple specimens, some of which are as old as 80 Ma. These structures were hypothesized to be either endogenous to the bone (i.e., of vascular origin) or the result of biofilm colonizing the empty osteonal network after degradation of original organic components. Here, we test the hypothesis that these structures are endogenous and thus retain proteins in common with extant archosaur blood vessels that can be detected with high-resolution mass spectrometry and confirmed by immunofluorescence. Two lines of evidence support this hypothesis. First, peptide sequencing of Brachylophosaurus canadensis blood vessel extracts is consistent with peptides comprising extant archosaurian blood vessels and is not consistent with a bacterial, cellular slime mold, or fungal origin. Second, proteins identified by mass spectrometry can be localized to the tissues using antibodies specific to these proteins, validating their identity. Data are available via ProteomeXchange with identifier PXD001738.









    Dinosaur VEINS found inside a fossil: Soft tissue from 80-million-year-old hadrosaur is spotted in remains found in Montana

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4EMvwleh5
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Sermons are Lived Not Preached
    By Diggindeeper in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 23rd 2015, 04:42 PM
  2. Discussion How many US States have you visited and/or lived in?
    By Frecs in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 23rd 2010, 06:20 PM
  3. Dinosaurs and man
    By john_constantine in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 17th 2007, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •