Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141554 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 952

Thread: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nolensville TN
    Posts
    587

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    What I mean is, the surface area of the earth is 510.1 million km^2, and the tallest mountain is roughly ~8,840m above sea level, so rainfall over a period of 40 days and nights would need to cover an area of 510.1 million km^2 to a height of ~8,840m to flood the earth. 40 days and nights is 960 hours, so to get the meter per hour rainfall amount it would be 8,840 / 960, meaning 9.20m (~30ft) of rain per hour, but this doesn't take into account surface area (because I'm a math newb). So if we ignore hydroplate theory for the moment, we'd need to figure out the force of the water falling at a rate of 9.20m per hour, and then if it's too great a force (from the sheer volume of water falling) you could then dial the rainfall back until the force wasn't sufficient to destroy everything it touched, and the leftover water would then be the amount that came from the 'deep'. We could then determine if the amount of water required of the 'deep' is a realistic given what we know of the earth.

    Make sense?
    The word for "mountain" in OT is the same word as "hill". There is simply no reason to suggest that an 8,840 m mountain existed at the time unless you choose to accept man's definitions rather than God's. IMO the mountains of today as well as the deep seas are a result of the massive restructuring of the earth after the flood to dispel the waters off the surface.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by CurtTN View Post
    The word for "mountain" in OT is the same word as "hill". There is simply no reason to suggest that an 8,840 m mountain existed at the time unless you choose to accept man's definitions rather than God's. IMO the mountains of today as well as the deep seas are a result of the massive restructuring of the earth after the flood to dispel the waters off the surface.
    Spot on Curt. Sea shells on top of Everest add a clue...


    Why are there seashells and fossils on mt everest?

    Why are there seashells on the top of Mount Everest? No I didn’t put them there. The answer is simple. 4400 years ago there was a world wide flood that covered every mountain. The mountains became the temporary home for ocean dwelling animals. When the flood receded they were trapped in the rock and are still there today. You say that is only a myth. It is impossible for Noah to put every animal on one boat. Well read on, the facts are quite interesting. Its not just the Christians and Jews that say a flood happened. Over 500 Flood legends from all parts of the world have been found. Most have similarities to the Genesis account.

    Noah’s ark was built only to float, not to sail anywhere. Many ark scholars believe that the ark was a "barge" shape, not a pointed "boat" shape. This would greatly increase the cargo capacity. Scoffers have pointed out that the largest sailing ships were less than 300 feet because of the problem of twisting and flexing the boat. These ships had giant masts and sails to catch the wind. Noah’s ark needed neither of those and therefore had far less torsional stress. Noah measurements are in cubits which is the length from your elbow to your finger tip. Even using the small 18-inch cubit the ark was large enough to hold all the required animals, people, and food with room to spare. But for someone whose height is 6'1" may have a 21- inch cubit. Noah lived for 950 years.

    Many Bible scholars believe the pre-Flood people were much larger than modern man. Skeletons over 11 feet tall have been found. If Noah were taller, his cubit (elbow to fingertip) would have been much larger also. This would make the ark larger by the same ratio. The length-to-width ratio of 6 to 1 is what shipbuilders today often use. This is the best ratio for stability in stormy weather. The ark may have had a "moon-pool" in the center. The larger ships would have a hole in the center of the bottom of the boat with walls extending up into the ship.

    There are several reasons for this feature: a) It allowed water to go up into the hole as the ship crested waves. This would be needed to relieve strain on longer ships. b) The rising and lowering water acted as a piston to pump fresh air in and out of the ship. This would prevent the buildup of dangerous gasses from all the animals on board. c) The hole was a great place to dump waste into the ocean without going outside.

    God told Noah to bring two of each kind, not of each species or variety. Noah had only two of the dog kind, which would include the wolves, coyotes, foxes, mutts, etc. The "kind" grouping is probably closer to our modern family division in taxonomy, and would greatly reduce the number of animals on the ark. Animals have diversified into many varieties since the Flood. This diversification is not anything similar to great claims that the evolutionists teach. Noah did not have to get the animals. God brought them to him (Genesis 6:20, "shall come to thee"). Only land- welling, air-breathing animals had to be included on the ark ("in which is the breath of life," Genesis 7:15, 22).

    Many animals sleep, hibernate, or become very inactive during bad weather. The Bible says that the highest mountains were covered by 15 cubits [20 feet] of water (Genesis 7:20). This is half the height of the ark. The ark was safe from scraping bottom at all times. The large mountains, as we have them (today, did not exist until after the Flood when "the mountains arose and the valleys sank down" (Psalm 104:5–9; Genesis 8:3–8). You learned in science class that mountains and ocean valleys were formed by moving tectonic plates. Volcanoes such as Mt Kilamanjaro in the middle of the Sahara desert, Africa was flat a one time. It is positioned were three fault lines merge.

    Three volcanoes started and eventually combined to make it the highest point in Africa. There is enough water in the oceans right now to cover the earth 8,000 feet deep if the surface of the earth were smooth. Many claim to have seen the ark in recent times in the area in which the Bible says it landed. There are two primary schools of thought about the actual site of the ark. Much energy and time have been expended to prove both views. Some believe the ark is on Mt. Ararat, covered by snow (CBS showed a one-hour special in 1993 about this site). Others believe the ark is seventeen miles south of Mt. Ararat in a valley called "the valley of eight" (eight souls on the ark).

    The Bible says the ark landed in the "mountains" of Ararat, not necessarily on the mountain itself. The continents were not separated until 100–300 years after the Flood (Genesis 10:25). The people and animals had time to migrate anywhere on earth by then. The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (26,000 –29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock packed with seashells and other ocean dwelling animals.

    Sedimentary rock is found all over the world. Sedimentary rock is formed in water. Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest. Bent rock layers, fossil graveyards, and polystrata fossils are best explained by a Flood.

    The evidence is convincing to me.

    It would take more faith to believe that the flood didn’t happen than if it did.

    http://practicalapologetics.blogspot...ossils-on.html




    Amen.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Tell me God is not amazing. Wow.

    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Post #71, in part one, works with this theme.

    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...urs-quot/page5
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,476

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by CurtTN View Post
    The word for "mountain" in OT is the same word as "hill". There is simply no reason to suggest that an 8,840 m mountain existed at the time unless you choose to accept man's definitions rather than God's. IMO the mountains of today as well as the deep seas are a result of the massive restructuring of the earth after the flood to dispel the waters off the surface.
    Here's a reason:
    We have an 8,840m mountain today, flood geology doesn't adequately account for the formation of the geological features of the earth as we see them today, therefore there was an 8,840m mountain in Noah's time as well.

    It's a pretty good reason as it takes to task flood geology specifically. Since Scripture itself nowhere states that Noah's flood caused massive geological changes to the earth, it's not a matter of 'accepting man's definitions rather than God's', because what's 'at stake' is a geological model that grounds itself in the Genesis text, but which isn't directly supported by the text (any and all conclusions of flood geology are indirect at best).

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Here's a reason:
    We have an 8,840m mountain today, flood geology doesn't adequately account for the formation of the geological features of the earth as we see them today, therefore there was an 8,840m mountain in Noah's time as well.

    It's a pretty good reason as it takes to task flood geology specifically. Since Scripture itself nowhere states that Noah's flood caused massive geological changes to the earth, it's not a matter of 'accepting man's definitions rather than God's', because what's 'at stake' is a geological model that grounds itself in the Genesis text, but which isn't directly supported by the text (any and all conclusions of flood geology are indirect at best).
    That's just it friend, "Flood Geology" does account for such changes. Beautifully. It's just a matter how you look at it. You cannot assume that such high mountains existed in Noah's day, the text does not support this either (However the fact that there are sea shells on top of mountains is a very big clue. )

    What do you think would happen to the surface of the earth if global flood happened?

    Billions of buried things in entombed in sediment which turned to rock? Check.
    Sea shells on mountain tops? Check.
    Polystrate trees? Check.
    Massive amounts of buried organic material that turned in coal, gas and oil? Check.
    Fossil grave yards all over the world? Check
    Massive sediment sheets that cover incredible amounts of space? Check

    This just scratches the surface. There is so much evidence it's spooky.

    http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYo...wide_flood.htm

    Have you seen what little local floods can do today? I have posted many examples. Now imagine the whole earth covered for months. There would be nothing BUT massive geologic changes to the earth.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,476

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    That's just it friend, "Flood Geology" does account for such changes. Beautifully. It's just a matter how you look at it. You cannot assume that such high mountains existed in Noah's day, the text does not support this either (However the fact that there are sea shells on top of mountains is a very big clue. )

    What do you think would happen to the surface of the earth if global flood happened?

    Billions of buried things in entombed in sediment which turned to rock? Check.
    Sea shells on mountain tops? Check.
    Polystrate trees? Check.
    Massive amounts of buried organic material that turned in coal, gas and oil? Check.
    Fossil grave yards all over the world? Check
    Massive sediment sheets that cover incredible amounts of space? Check

    This just scratches the surface. There is so much evidence it's spooky.

    http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYo...wide_flood.htm

    Have you seen what little local floods can do today? I have posted many examples. Now imagine the whole earth covered for months. There would nothing but massive geologic changes to the earth.
    I'm aware of the arguments, for which there are counter arguments that someone might find more compelling, leading them to the conclusion that the flood doesn't have adequate explanatory power. One such counter argument might be to point out that if hydroplate theory is correct, then it is the case after all that the earth would have had in Noah's day a mountain up to ~8,840m tall (having formed during the flood period, during all those hydroplate interactions). Meaning that the floodwaters - if the earth was completely submerged - would have had to cover a surface area of 510.1 million km^2 to ~8,840m in height (which means, of course, that the ark could have been at an altitude of up to ~8,840m).

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    I'm aware of the arguments, for which there are counter arguments that someone might find more compelling, leading them to the conclusion that the flood doesn't have adequate explanatory power. One such counter argument might be to point out that if hydroplate theory is correct, then it is the case after all that the earth would have had in Noah's day a mountain up to ~8,840m tall (having formed during the flood period, during all those hydroplate interactions). Meaning that the floodwaters - if the earth was completely submerged - would have had to cover a surface area of 510.1 million km^2 to ~8,840m in height (which means, of course, that the ark could have been at an altitude of up to ~8,840m).
    I see what your saying. I think your timing is off tho. This is just speculation but I think it flows and answers your question. You should really watch the long version of hydroplate theory. It will help. When the flood started, there was not 8,840 high mountains. As the flood progressed, waters rose, continents probably started to slide ( maybe a little maybe allot)and continued to slide until they reached the max level based on conditions. This may have happened during the flood or after the flood or a combo of both. I suspect the plates really moved when the flood waters started to recede. The deep ocean basins were created when the mountains went up and now the water had a place to go to allow dry land to appear again. It's probably still happening today albeit much slower. Are mountains growing today?
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    https://answersingenesis.org/the-flo...lood-evidence/


    Worldwide Flood, Worldwide Evidence


    Share:




    When the Bible refers to a worldwide Flood in Genesis 7–8, that’s exactly what it means. Not local, not metaphorical, not some crazy dream—the waters covered the whole earth. Don’t just take our word for it, though. Take a look at the evidence right beneath your feet.
    Evidence 1: Fossils of sea creatures high above sea level due to the ocean waters having flooded over the continents

    We find fossils of sea creatures in rock layers that cover all the continents. For example, most of the rock layers in the walls of Grand Canyon (more than a mile above sea level) contain marine fossils. Fossilized shellfish are even found in the Himalayas.
    Focus in: High & Dry Sea Creatures
    Evidence 2: Rapid burial of plants and animals

    We find extensive fossil “graveyards” and exquisitely preserved fossils. For example, billions of nautiloid fossils are found in a layer within the Redwall Limestone of Grand Canyon. This layer was deposited catastrophically by a massive flow of sediment (mostly lime sand). The chalk and coal beds of Europe and the United States, and the fish, ichthyosaurs, insects, and other fossils all around the world, testify of catastrophic destruction and burial.
    Focus in: The World’s a Graveyard
    Evidence 3: Rapidly deposited sediment layers spread across vast areas

    We find rock layers that can be traced all the way across continents—even between continents—and physical features in those strata indicate they were deposited rapidly. For example, the Tapeats Sandstone and Redwall Limestone of Grand Canyon can be traced across the entire United States, up into Canada, and even across the Atlantic Ocean to England. The chalk beds of England (the white cliffs of Dover) can be traced across Europe into the Middle East and are also found in the Midwest of the United States and in Western Australia. Inclined (sloping) layers within the Coconino Sandstone of Grand Canyon are testimony to 10,000 cubic miles of sand being deposited by huge water currents within days.
    Focus in: Transcontinental Rock Layers
    Evidence 4: Sediment transported long distances

    We find that the sediments in those widespread, rapidly deposited rock layers had to be eroded from distant sources and carried long distances by fast-moving water. For example, the sand for the Coconino Sandstone of Grand Canyon (Arizona) had to be eroded and transported from the northern portion of what is now the United States and Canada. Furthermore, water current indicators (such as ripple marks) preserved in rock layers show that for “300 million years” water currents were consistently flowing from northeast to southwest across all of North and South America, which, of course, is only possible over weeks during a global Flood.
    Focus in: Sand Transported Cross Country
    Evidence 5: Rapid or no erosion between strata

    We find evidence of rapid erosion, or even of no erosion, between rock layers. Flat, knife-edge boundaries between rock layers indicate continuous deposition of one layer after another, with no time for erosion. For example, there is no evidence of any “missing” millions of years (of erosion) in the flat boundary between two well-known layers of Grand Canyon—the Coconino Sandstone and the Hermit Formation. Another impressive example of flat boundaries at Grand Canyon is the Redwall Limestone and the strata beneath it.
    Focus in: No Slow and Gradual Erosion
    Evidence 6: Many strata laid down in rapid succession

    Rocks do not normally bend; they break because they are hard and brittle. But in many places we find whole sequences of strata that were bent without fracturing, indicating that all the rock layers were rapidly deposited and folded while still wet and pliable before final hardening. For example, the Tapeats Sandstone in Grand Canyon is folded at a right angle (90°) without evidence of breaking. Yet this folding could only have occurred after the rest of the layers had been deposited, supposedly over “480 million years,” while the Tapeats Sandstone remained wet and pliable.
    Focus in: Rock Layers Folded, Not Fractured
    What now?

    The Bible’s history is reliable throughout—from the creation of man from the dust of the ground to the worldwide Flood to the coming of Jesus Christ. But just reading the evidence isn’t enough. The message of salvation founded in the Bible's history is also true, and, God wants us to accept the gift of salvation He freely offers us.
    The evidence is real. God has revealed Himself to us in His Word and in His creation (Romans 1:20).
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,476

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I see what your saying. I think your timing is off tho. This is just speculation but I think it flows and answers your question. You should really watch the long version of hydroplate theory. It will help. When the flood started, there was not 8,840 high mountains. As the flood progressed, waters rose, continents probably started to slide ( maybe a little maybe allot)and continued to slide until they reached the max level based on conditions. This may have happened during the flood or after the flood or a combo of both. I suspect the plates really moved when the flood waters started to recede. The deep ocean basins were created when the mountains went up and now the water had a place to go to allow dry land to appear again. It's probably still happening today albeit much slower. Are mountains growing today?
    Gotcha. The problem is that if a ~8,840m mountain formed during or post-flood, then that's ~8,840m of earth - just under 6 miles - has to come from somewhere. If two hydroplates smashed together to form a mountain range that tall, in combination with receding flood waters, then it's an explanation, I'm just not sure how likely an explanation it is.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Gotcha. The problem is that if a ~8,840m mountain formed during or post-flood, then that's ~8,840m of earth - just under 6 miles - has to come from somewhere. If two hydroplates smashed together to form a mountain range that tall, in combination with receding flood waters, then it's an explanation, I'm just not sure how likely an explanation it is.

    Nice summary.

    Likely explanation? Well, this is the 64,000 dollar question!

    Old earthers and EV'ers say roughly the same thing happened just over a very very very long time. We say it happened quicky, and it's all connected to the flood.

    It had to happen some way, as we can all see the data. I am using the Bible as my baseline, and interprete the data in light of Gods revelation [ that a global flood happened ]. Some don't do this so it would make sense they would come to a different conclusion or different interpretation of how things happened.

    Reality is, there is a true truth sitting in the corner, question is, can we find it?

    I think so...
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,476

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Nice summary.

    Likely explanation? Well, this is the 64,000 dollar question!

    Old earthers and EV'ers say roughly the same thing happened just over a very very very long time. We say it happened quicky, and it's all connected to the flood.

    It had to happen some way, as we can all see the data. I am using the Bible as my baseline, and interprete the data in light of Gods revelation [ that a global flood happened ]. Some don't do this so it would make sense they would come to a different conclusion or different interpretation of how things happened.

    Reality is, there is a true truth sitting in the corner, question is, can we find it?

    I think so...
    Both conclusions are compatible with Scripture, either with Genesis 1 or Genesis 6, just depends which you want to pick.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nolensville TN
    Posts
    587

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Spot on Curt. Sea shells on top of Everest add a clue...


    Why are there seashells and fossils on mt everest?

    Why are there seashells on the top of Mount Everest? No I didn’t put them there. The answer is simple. 4400 years ago there was a world wide flood that covered every mountain. The mountains became the temporary home for ocean dwelling animals. When the flood receded they were trapped in the rock and are still there today. You say that is only a myth. It is impossible for Noah to put every animal on one boat. Well read on, the facts are quite interesting. Its not just the Christians and Jews that say a flood happened. Over 500 Flood legends from all parts of the world have been found. Most have similarities to the Genesis account.

    Noah’s ark was built only to float, not to sail anywhere. Many ark scholars believe that the ark was a "barge" shape, not a pointed "boat" shape. This would greatly increase the cargo capacity. Scoffers have pointed out that the largest sailing ships were less than 300 feet because of the problem of twisting and flexing the boat. These ships had giant masts and sails to catch the wind. Noah’s ark needed neither of those and therefore had far less torsional stress. Noah measurements are in cubits which is the length from your elbow to your finger tip. Even using the small 18-inch cubit the ark was large enough to hold all the required animals, people, and food with room to spare. But for someone whose height is 6'1" may have a 21- inch cubit. Noah lived for 950 years.

    Many Bible scholars believe the pre-Flood people were much larger than modern man. Skeletons over 11 feet tall have been found. If Noah were taller, his cubit (elbow to fingertip) would have been much larger also. This would make the ark larger by the same ratio. The length-to-width ratio of 6 to 1 is what shipbuilders today often use. This is the best ratio for stability in stormy weather. The ark may have had a "moon-pool" in the center. The larger ships would have a hole in the center of the bottom of the boat with walls extending up into the ship.

    There are several reasons for this feature: a) It allowed water to go up into the hole as the ship crested waves. This would be needed to relieve strain on longer ships. b) The rising and lowering water acted as a piston to pump fresh air in and out of the ship. This would prevent the buildup of dangerous gasses from all the animals on board. c) The hole was a great place to dump waste into the ocean without going outside.

    God told Noah to bring two of each kind, not of each species or variety. Noah had only two of the dog kind, which would include the wolves, coyotes, foxes, mutts, etc. The "kind" grouping is probably closer to our modern family division in taxonomy, and would greatly reduce the number of animals on the ark. Animals have diversified into many varieties since the Flood. This diversification is not anything similar to great claims that the evolutionists teach. Noah did not have to get the animals. God brought them to him (Genesis 6:20, "shall come to thee"). Only land- welling, air-breathing animals had to be included on the ark ("in which is the breath of life," Genesis 7:15, 22).

    Many animals sleep, hibernate, or become very inactive during bad weather. The Bible says that the highest mountains were covered by 15 cubits [20 feet] of water (Genesis 7:20). This is half the height of the ark. The ark was safe from scraping bottom at all times. The large mountains, as we have them (today, did not exist until after the Flood when "the mountains arose and the valleys sank down" (Psalm 104:5–9; Genesis 8:3–8). You learned in science class that mountains and ocean valleys were formed by moving tectonic plates. Volcanoes such as Mt Kilamanjaro in the middle of the Sahara desert, Africa was flat a one time. It is positioned were three fault lines merge.

    Three volcanoes started and eventually combined to make it the highest point in Africa. There is enough water in the oceans right now to cover the earth 8,000 feet deep if the surface of the earth were smooth. Many claim to have seen the ark in recent times in the area in which the Bible says it landed. There are two primary schools of thought about the actual site of the ark. Much energy and time have been expended to prove both views. Some believe the ark is on Mt. Ararat, covered by snow (CBS showed a one-hour special in 1993 about this site). Others believe the ark is seventeen miles south of Mt. Ararat in a valley called "the valley of eight" (eight souls on the ark).

    The Bible says the ark landed in the "mountains" of Ararat, not necessarily on the mountain itself. The continents were not separated until 100–300 years after the Flood (Genesis 10:25). The people and animals had time to migrate anywhere on earth by then. The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (26,000 –29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock packed with seashells and other ocean dwelling animals.

    Sedimentary rock is found all over the world. Sedimentary rock is formed in water. Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest. Bent rock layers, fossil graveyards, and polystrata fossils are best explained by a Flood.

    The evidence is convincing to me.

    It would take more faith to believe that the flood didn’t happen than if it did.

    http://practicalapologetics.blogspot...ossils-on.html




    Amen.
    Excellent points Joel. I would add that not only are the hills covered and collecting sea life, but as the ocean floor subsides and some rises up to form new land and mountains,then these "new mountains" are formed from "old sea bottoms". As to the shape of the Ark I don't know but since God designed it, and personally called all the animals to it and then personally closed the door, I would bet He had it safely in His hands the whole time and so no evil could befall it.

    Good thread.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nolensville TN
    Posts
    587

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Here's a reason:
    We have an 8,840m mountain today, flood geology doesn't adequately account for the formation of the geological features of the earth as we see them today, therefore there was an 8,840m mountain in Noah's time as well.

    It's a pretty good reason as it takes to task flood geology specifically. Since Scripture itself nowhere states that Noah's flood caused massive geological changes to the earth, it's not a matter of 'accepting man's definitions rather than God's', because what's 'at stake' is a geological model that grounds itself in the Genesis text, but which isn't directly supported by the text (any and all conclusions of flood geology are indirect at best).
    We are not talking "flood geology" we are talking God's flood. He called up the water and He called down the water and the water went somewhere. Since it did not go back into the "fountains" from which it came it went somewhere else.

    We are not going to agree on much. You are old earth and seem to accept man's science which assumes everything today has always been the same. I don't. I accept scripture as written.


    Thanks for the reply.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nolensville TN
    Posts
    587

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Gotcha. The problem is that if a ~8,840m mountain formed during or post-flood, then that's ~8,840m of earth - just under 6 miles - has to come from somewhere. If two hydroplates smashed together to form a mountain range that tall, in combination with receding flood waters, then it's an explanation, I'm just not sure how likely an explanation it is.
    Don'tcha think the power that created all things can make this happen?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Sermons are Lived Not Preached
    By Diggindeeper in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 23rd 2015, 04:42 PM
  2. Discussion How many US States have you visited and/or lived in?
    By Frecs in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 23rd 2010, 06:20 PM
  3. Dinosaurs and man
    By john_constantine in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 17th 2007, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •